Dates, Pricing Revealed for Disney After Hours “BOO BASH” at Magic Kingdom

Oh. Did I miss something? Is Disney doing something specifically for July 4?

I am telling them they are. It’s called “manifesting”. You keep thinking about the thing you want and visualizing it as reality and then POOF it happens.

5 Likes

IS this one Chapek? I’m keen to blame every penny-pinching move on him, and I’m sure he authorized it, but it could also be whoever is the new guy? (I forget his name off the top of my head, D’magio or something?).

…I love this plan! I’m excited to be a part of it! Let’s do it!

I’m not following. How would fireworks during the DAH reduce the possible overcrowding of DAH?

1 Like

We are coming up on a full year after the re-opening.

I know some AP’s have been able to renew but there have been no new sales so the pool of AP holders has only gotten smaller, leaving more open dates for AP Park Reservations. I wonder how many AP holders are still out there. I know I cashed in our family APs last summer when WDW offered refunds.

I’ve said it before, Chapek keeps talking about Yield Management, getting more $$$ out of each guest. AP tickets seem to have the lowest yield for any park guest. Local FL guests and folks like me coming from GA, staying offsite and using my AP discounts to be as cheap as possible might out weigh the benefit of the AP’s used by DVC members.

I wonder how many DVC members are also AP holders. Also how many DVC members visit more than once every twelve months. WDW knows those numbers exactly.

It used to be that if you were planning two trips in one year, an AP was a no-brainer. AP prices have gone up to the point where depending on the length of trip, two separate sets tickets might be a lower price.

3 Likes

Josh D’Amaro? Could be. Unlikely, but they may be molding him in the image of the Evil One

3 Likes

Ah. Got it. Kind of Mary-Poppins-esque. “Snap! The job’s a game!”

:slight_smile:

I knew you’d catch on.

1 Like

DVC APs only make up a small percentage of APs. Most AP’s are still “locals” within a 200 mile radius. These guests just don’t spend as much as tourists. Locals eat breakfast & dinner at home, don’t buy souvenirs as often or as much and usually don’t stay on-site.

Chapek is really focused on ending APs - as they are now. While they’ll never go away entirely - especially in Orlando - I’d wager they’ll get a major price increase with fewer benefits & limited park reservations.

I was examining this in 2019 and again just this week. I’m planning a 10 - 12 day trip for sometime in the future. (It was for 2021, but all my plans are now 2 years behind!)

An AP in 2019 was $1,200. The ticket portion of a 10 day on-site trip is approximately $650. I’d have to do at least this trip and 4 - 6 more days to have it “pay for itself”.

(Or two trips of 4 - 5 days each as after the 4th day of a package the price drops to like $20 per additional day)

2 Likes

No. I meant overcrowding of fireworks. Since only after hours guests would be in the parks, they wouldn’t have to worry about overcrowding of the fireworks themselves.

oh. Well since Distancing is already pretty much done with in the outdoor areas anyway, I don’t see this really influencing any decision one way or another

1 Like

True…although the official stance is still 3 ft…unlike at a typical fireworks, where the distance between people is less than 3 mm! :smiley:

Right, today it’s 3ft…but by July, we’ll likely be back closer to that 3mm.

2 Likes

Good point.

don’t tell my DH this or he’ll try to make me conform to the masses :rofl::joy::rofl::joy: He complains how much I spend when I go… it’s as if I’m there for the first time :thinking: Granted I’m not staying there or eating all meals but we usually have one meal there and I always shop… it’s a problem that I am NOT seeking treatment for. But I’m mad at WDW for not allowing DH to reinstate his AP. I was able to renew mine.

1 Like

For why you undid that?

1 Like

It wasn’t supposed to create a new post, it was supposed to be part of the one above, so once i fixed it, I deleted it.

1 Like

Where are the emails coming from? I’ve got a split stay at ASMo and POP and I haven’t gotten any emails about Boo Bash reservations and I don’t know why. My email is in MDE and should be tied to my reservations, though when I had to call last week to get it ASMo added on and POP dates modified they sent me my reservation info by snail mail.

Everybody has gotten an email by now but me. :rage:

I don’t think you need an email to buy the tickets though? Do you?

Did anyone from a value resort get an email? Since it’s "Select resorts’ something tells me value resorts aren’t…selected.

I think someone posted earlier that they had a value resort reservation and got an email.

3 Likes