Dates, Pricing Revealed for Disney After Hours “BOO BASH” at Magic Kingdom

I just checked and if I extend my trip by one day (the only party during our stay is on the day we are leaving) it would cost just over $500 for the two of us to have one more night at AoA, Boo Bash tickets, and the slightly increased airfare.

As much as I would love to, I cannot rationalize the cost.

4 Likes

I’m staying at POP 9/14-9/21 and I just got an email. Not sure my DH will agree to that price. :flushed:

1 Like

Yeah… This has happened to me more than once when planning! I see a cool “exclusive” event and start planning it. Then I see the price tag going up & up!! :laughing:

1 Like

Agreed. DH and I did an AfterHours in MK during our January 2020 trip as our “date night” and LOVED it. We are currently planning an August 2022 trip and we are hoping for a DHS After Hours event so we can get on RNR and TOT without the rest of the fam (we’ll have three generations on this trip).

I can understand why some people may be balking at the prices when comparing them to parties in the past - but compared to previous after hours events I think it is only a few dollars more (with the day of Halloween being the obvious exception).

Ok just checked my email and I did get it. I still can’t go though bc the only one during my stay is my arrival day and I get in too late.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I feel your frustration!!

Ooooh good to know! Thanks

I’m hoping they do a similar event for the holiday season and I’ll 100% make sure I fit it in somewhere.

1 Like

Awesome. Think they will only sell you tickets equal to the number of people on your reservation?
Our family of four is staying off site. But i made an ASM leading reservation for dining purposes. And also bc if FPP come back I’d be willing to eat some of that cost. But my cousin, who is an AP, will be joining us. So then i made an AOA reservation in case I needed that reservation for 5 to pick up a ticket for him, but now I’m realizing financially that doesn’t make a lot of sense given the cost of the Boo tickets.
What are the odds that if he is linked to us they will let me buy that 5th ticket for an AP holder?:woman_shrugging:t3:

Home again, Home again, jiggity jig: Found my google doc. and that link still works: After Hours $128.50 Passholder $99.00 these dates & prices were for 2020

2 Likes

I am staying at Pop Aug 8-14 and haven’t gotten an email :frowning: I really want to go on the 10th!

1 Like

No need for him to know! :smile:

2 Likes

Tickets for BOO BASH start at $129 – $139, plus tax for August/September nights.

So same as before for kids $10 More for adults for most nights, more in October and a lot more for Halloween night. AP holders just get a $10 discount.

Big increase for AP holders, but IMHO, WDW is doing everything possible to actively discourage AP’s.

2 Likes

I don’t know why?!? APs at WDW are different than DL b/c of all the DVC property. Maybe it’s working though b/c when I look at the calendar I see a lot of green for APs. I’m sure they will start reallocating them to resorts and ticket categories… they should.

I agree. As an out of state AP I can’t plan a week long trip ahead of time and guarantee my park days unless I stay on site, yet if I have a reservation I cannot pull from the AP reservation pool and am still limited to how I can use my AP. The only option is call and who has hours to waste every time you call?

I would go with A) or C). I say that without owning any DVC points, so I’m not an expert. But my friends who have DVC points are always waitlisting stuff and then eventually getting what they want.

As for Pop… I’m partial. I always bookend my trips at the Pop (although I call it the Dod because “pop” upside down is “dod”, and my friend/roomie and I were coming back from Pleasure Island and… OK, it’s a long story). I drive to Florida and back, and I want to get the absolute most out of a park day, so I stay at the Dod – er, I mean, Pop – the first night so I don’t waste a day on the park hopper by just being in a park for an hour or two. Get up and RD the next morning and move to the “real” hotel when we take our mid-day break.

And on the last day of my trip, I can’t bear to end it without fireworks. It’s just so many kinds of wrong, to me, to be in a park and leave at noon or 3:30 or dinner time or whatever and start driving back to Tennessee. I want fireworks. It’s much easier to leave in the morning. Still driving away through tears, but whatever. So I check out of the nicer hotel on the last “park day” and check in to the Dod – Pop Century – for the last night, and that helps to ease the transition back to reality. For me.

Sometimes DH looks at me like I’m a little … special… but he’s probably right. I am.

And that’s why I endorse your getting another night at the Dod. POP. Century.

2 Likes

that sux! I had no idea :rage:

1 Like

Mayyyyyyyyyybe to the $130/pp. Definitely NOT to the $200/pp. Chapek is out of his fucking mind

If it’s the ice cream that sold you perhaps you can just go when you’ll go and we can crowdsource you an unlimited supply of ice cream instead. Just thinkin outside the box here.

Yes, this will not be like the old after hours, I’m certain of it. It might be more like the parties used to be about midway – not as nutty as the last time, but not as empty as early on

That’s what it used to be, yes. I doubt this will be that. I hope - for those not too cheap to shell out the cash - that I’m wrong.

You know this is what you’re going to do so just get it done.

4 Likes

I suspect this is to reduce demand. Wouldn’t actually Halloween be the most popular day people would want to go? So raising prices for that day not only drives up their revenues, but incentivizes people to choose other days to actually attend?

Anyhow…something that I am wondering now…fireworks. That’s the big question everyone has been waiting for. But wouldn’t it makes sense for Fireworks, in some form, to exist for after hours attenders? It would resolve the over-crowding issue. Could this be indication that fireworks will be returning in limited fashion for these party days? (Total conjecture on my part.)

AND on 7/4

1 Like