Dates, Pricing Revealed for Disney After Hours “BOO BASH” at Magic Kingdom

No, but if I’m missing this email what other emails am I missing?

1 Like

If you’re here? Nothing.

I always hear about everything here before I even get it in my TA stuff.

3 Likes

Ahh, indeed. @scrapper1617 has a pop reservation and got it.

Wooo!

Well I’m sure you got the one that said you won an all inclusive-trip to Disney, right? :smiley:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: How did you know?!

1 Like

I think that means no Dolphin/Swan or Disney Springs hotels.

2 Likes

because I have

2 Likes

I haven’t either, and have two onsite trips during the Boo Bash dates.

2 Likes

I’m staying at Boardwalk with dates in September and no email here either.

3 Likes

Yes ASMo.

1 Like

True!!! :joy:

1 Like

Also, my travel agent contacted me to let me know that she could book this if I wanted and they do get commission for it. I look for any opportunity I can to get her some commission :grinning:

2 Likes

Meh, I don’t know if the price to value ratio is in the green for us. I can rope drop and do all those rides with no wait, I saw the halloween cavalcades last august, and my kid won’t make it past 10pm. Going to have to think really hard if its worth $360. I’m leaning towards no…:flushed:

1 Like

Agreed. I was really expecting tickets to be closer to the $80 mark. With six of us, it’s kind of hard to justify dropping that kind of money, especially when the cost of an incremental (full) day on our 5-day tickets is only $20.

As others already said - I’m sure there are those that will pay the price — and I haven’t completely ruled it out myself —but I am having a hard time with seeing the value in this proposition.

1 Like

I definitely would have dropped $280 for dd and I to do it during our trip …but there is only two of us on the trip so that is a different conversation. Unfortunately, our dates don’t line up w/ any of the bashes and I am not willing to drop additional funds to stay an extra night just for Boo Bash.

It costs them around 50K per fireworks show…probably more for the Hallowishes type shows. I doubt those will be coming back until the hotels and parks are full again. Look how full the parks are without the parades and fireworks!!

Ok but we don’t need this kind of negativity around here :laughing:

(I don’t think I know you well, and probably vice versa – I’m a snarky sarcasm machine so no offense intended)

3 Likes

As I mentioned in another thread, I just heard that there’s a massive shortage of fireworks too. And costs of shipping said fireworks has gone up in some places to a full 100% increase.

So it might be even longer even after the resort is back up and running at full steam. :cry: Or it might simply be centered around the July 4 holiday (they didn’t go into enough detail).

I just wanna watch the splodey boom boom

4 Likes

What about a Halloween projection show on the castle? Fireworks at DLR are always iffy due to wind, but they will often do a projection/music show even if fireworks are called off. Do they ever do that at MK?

Very possible, and very likely I feel.

HEA, Epcot’s new show, and Star Wars Fireworks are the biggest worry, I think. Epcot might get their show before HEA goes back to being live because of it, and/or both shows might go back online at the same time but on selected nights. Or Disney just eats the cost all together and gets them all up ASAP.

When it came to weather, it rarely impacted the firework shows. It has been said that it’s safer and cheaper to let the fireworks go off than to dismantle the night’s show.

As far as the “parties” go though, I think they’ll do what they did last year and just do projection shows. Those are easy to execute.

3 Likes

I think (?) I would be happy with just projection shows…that is, basically HEA without the fireworks. Truth is, while I enjoy fireworks to a point, the noise has always bothered me. Even as a kid. But the projections with dramatic music? That can get the emotions moreso than the fireworks.

Not saying I don’t want fireworks back, too…but if they can’t come back yet, doing projections without them is better than nothing!