Daily Visual Plans

Hi friends! My DS6.5 has gotten really into vacation planning lately so I am thinking of doing a daily print out that he can look at each day. He loves being able to read now and I also think it will help us be able to stick with a plan if he can see what’s on the schedule for “later” and not be upset that we’re walking by “right now.”

The problem is that I am not creative! Does anyone have any good examples of what they use? This is the basic mock-up that I have so far. I’m hoping to get them printed as a 4x6 photo. Should I include anything else?

5 Likes

@bebe80 had a really magnificent daily printout that he created for his fam.

4 Likes

Oooh yes, would love that! I knew I had seen some but I tried searching “print out” and “visual plans” and couldn’t really find any. I kind of assume they are buried in threads somewhere.

2 Likes

This thread has a bunch - mine has continued to evolve based on others stuff from this post :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Why thank you :relaxed:

I love experimenting with Excel so that’s where I made them. The trick is to use unique fonts and a couple images. I like color so I used a different background color for each land. I even did an outline color too. You can give fonts a color. I used extra thick paper. The daily schedules are up to 8.5" long (landscape view on the document) and around 3.5" wide. Make extra for the family. I took the times right from my touring plans.

You’re off to a good start @melcort10 !

Adding a close up

15 Likes

Ah, thank you! This is what I was looking for. “Itineraries” was the keyword that I missed.

Oh I do too! Just usually I’m doing formulas and not visuals. These are fantastic. I do like the colors. Lands is an interesting twist that I wasn’t expecting! I also like the “Showtimes” across the top. I might do that with the Epcot entertainment because I hate constantly searching in MDE.

Thank you both!

4 Likes

Ok now I am absolutely stealing @NoBellePrizeWinner 's transportation icons! Kids will love that visual.

4 Likes

That’s one of the improvements I snagged for mine too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Heres my powerpoint file if you want to steal anything from it.

3 Likes

Here’s a more detailed version if anyone wants it.

6 Likes

I’ll probably kill those links at some point in the future.

Great looking itinerary!

2 Likes

Yeah that was an incredible trip!

4 Likes

Ooooh thank you! A monorail icon is currently eluding me…

There’s one in there correct? I think I have all the modes of transportation in there. I added the boat to the simple one, but not to the detailed one I think

2 Likes

Yes! And I stole the Lightning Lane icon that I didn’t know I needed as well! Thank you.

3 Likes

Look how much better they look! I’m so excited.

8 Likes

NICE!

[complete sentence]

2 Likes

Also, looks like a great trip!

1 Like

These are very cool.

Question - It was much easier to put together a schedule with FP+. With G+, I change so much on the fly while I am in the parks and see lines and LL availability. I’m concerned that handing out a schedule with set exceptions for the rest of my group and there will be disappointment/confusion if I switch things up based on LL availability. How do you handle changes while you are in the parks?

2 Likes