Dad & Son Trip Report - An Outrageously Overambitious Birthday Trip

Exactly!!! We won’t tell!

Hope you have a great night

1 Like

Crowds have been quite manageable, which makes a huge difference. Feb-March crowds were insanely high, and it was much more of a challenge to get things done!!

8 Likes

It has been a great day! And EMM at FL is well worth it for us! Right now, we are waiting for HEA! I get all tingly just thinking about it :grin:

20 Likes

We were there in June but life got totally insane so I haven’t written my trip report yet! I guess I gotta do that… We’ll be back in November for a week too! (And maybe in January for my birthday… really making those APs WORK :joy:)

3 Likes

Day 2, Part 2: Part two of day two was more or less a huge success. Here’s a summary of what we did this afternoon, starting with ride #17 for the day.

1. Spaceship Earth (yes, in Epcot) (Standby walk-on)
    —Dinner at Pecos Bill —
  2. Jungle Cruise (FPP #4)
  3. Swiss Family Robinson House (Walk-on)
  4. Tiki Room (Walk-on/in)
  5. PotC (FPP #5)
  6. Splash (Anytime FPP)
  7. Under the Sea (Standby walk-on)
  8. Barnstormer (FPP #6)
    — HEA Dessert Party —

So, here’s what we did. DS woke up around 3:00 pm, and we headed out to MK. I thought it might be nice to walk through Epcot, then take the monorails to MK. It started out well enough. We passed by Spaceship Earth, and since there was no line, we did an impromptu ride through and learned about our future. Anyone find these things really creepy, with the heads always cut out in really weird ways?

Then, the monorail arrived as soon as we walked up the ramp. Still doing well. Then we get to the TTC, where they decided to switch one of the monorails from the Express to the Resort track, which delayed us by about 30 minutes at the station. Good news is, we made it to MK safely.

We ate a quick and very mediocre dinner at Pecos Bill’s. Fortunately, my expectations for MK food are very low, so I wasn’t disappointed or anything. Then, off to riding all those rides. At least DS found the JC skipper’s jokes funny:

And, here’s one for your @bethro23. I think we share a mutual appreciation for Splash :grin:

At least Barnstormer is good for one thing: A great view of Tron being built from the queue. It looks like the track is essentially built out now!

Then, on to the HEA dessert party. This time, I made sure both DS and I saved up a good appetite so we could take advantage of the full spread. The Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake is to die for! The other stuff is pretty good too. The coffee is still woefully inadequate. When can they just get Starbucks to replace that Joffrey’s garbage (sorry Joffrey’s fans). Look, @DumboRunner, there’s some fruit mixed in there. Do chocolate covered strawberries count :joy:?

And, I kid you not, this happened totally unplanned. After eating a cupcake, DS got himself a blue Walt Disney mustache :joy::joy:

Oh, yeah, and HEA was pretty good too, I guess! It’s only quite possibly the most impressive thing ever! Viewing it from the designated plaza area is amazing. You can lay out on the fake grass, and watch it fully supine if you want!

Well, another fun day is in the books. Tomorrow, the madness continues with EMM TSL and DAH AK. I think it can work, because after EMM, we’ll probably do one or two things at HS and then head back to YC by about 10:00 am and hang out pool side until late afternoon before heading over to AK. Well, here’s me signing off from YC! See y’all tomorrow. Thanks for sticking with me!!

27 Likes

Hey good for you! Gotta get your money’s worth, right :laughing:! I’m a little bummed we are leaving the day before F&W at EP and I’ll miss out on the first of two F&W AP magnets!

2 Likes

Another fun day, happy birthday to Conner!

2 Likes

I totally agree!!

What a great 5th birthday celebration!

2 Likes

another wonderful day! love that blue mustache!

2 Likes

He’s sleeping, but he would say thanks for the bday wishes!

2 Likes

That cake is probably in the top 3 reasons I love the HEA dessert party :laughing:

2 Likes

I am surprised you are still awake! Don’t you ever sleep at Disney? :laughing:

4 Likes

:laughing: He had no idea why I was laughing so hard until I showed him the picture. Being a 5 year old, he thought it was absolutely hilarious too.

3 Likes

I really can’t sleep. I might get another 4 hours tonight. There’s just too much adrenaline going :rofl:

6 Likes

It’s worth it!! So good!

2 Likes

What an amazing day. And chocolate covered strawberries totally count as fruit.
Hope you get enough sleep to be ready for another EMM!!

2 Likes

I agree too but after a couple of bites I’m done. It’s so rich.

2 Likes

If the doc says so, I’ll go with that. :rofl:

4 Likes

Happy to help!
You need to get some sleep now.

1 Like

I’ll try I guess. If DS was 21, I’d be over at Jellyrolls right now :joy:. Maybe in 16 years.

2 Likes