Dad & Son Trip Report - An Outrageously Overambitious Birthday Trip

Epcot is really low key. It’s always our arrival day park. I never really thought about it, but maybe that’s why! :smiley: thanks for following along!

7 Likes

Excellent! Thanks for responding so soon, now go back to enjoying your day! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Me?? Actually, the trip sounds amazing and I great way to celebrate Connor’s birthday!
I do hope you have some midday breaks planned.

2 Likes

It looks like you two are having a wonderful time! I love all the pictures, thanks for posting. Have a great day.

4 Likes

I can’t believe you son lasted all day and through the dessert party. He is a star! Love your photos.

4 Likes

Awesome photos! Loving the report. No way I could keep up with that schedule! Looking forward to more!!

4 Likes

So, we had a very busy morning today, but we are now back at YC so DS could take a nap. He is currently passed out! So, I’ll take the time to write up a report of the first half of the day.

Day 2, Part 1:
We got back in late last night at about 10:00 pm after Illuminations. We were right back out the door this morning at 6:30 am to head off to MK for EMM. DS did manage a solid 8 hours of sleep. Me, not so much.

I’ve become a big fan of the Minnie Vans to get to EMM events. But I’ve learned a very valuable lesson from our last trip: if your don’t request it early, you might not get one for a long time. Minnie Vans start running at exactly 6:30 am, but you can put in a request for it early. I requested it at 6:20 am and it was pending for 10 minutes, but like clockwork, at 6:30 am, the Lyft app found a Minnie Van and it was on its way.

Minnie Van? more like a Macro van. I’ve never been picked up in one of their Suburbans, but it was nice. We were picked up around 6:40 am and made it to MK at about 6:55 am. Security lines opened at 7:00 am, we got our EMM bands, and were at the turnstiles by 7:15 am. They let us in at 7:45 am on the dot. I love an uncrowded MK.

Our fellow Liner friend @dreamer made us these awesome birthday shirts for DS’s 5th birthday. Connor absolutely loves it, and we got lots of birthday attention from CMs and other guests!

Between EMM, FPP, and RD, we managed a whopping 16 rides in about 4 hours time (not counting the time we took to eat breakfast).

1. 7DMT (EMM)
  2. PP (EMM)
  3. PP (EMM)
  4. Pooh (EMM)
  5. 7DMT (EMM)
  6. Carousel (EMM)
  7. Tea Cups (EMM)
  8. Pooh (EMM)
  9. PP (EMM)
  10. IASW (EMM)
  11. BTMMR (RD at 9:00)
    — EMM Breakfast at Cosmic Rays at 9:30 —
  12. BTMRR (FPP 1 at 10:05)
  13. PotC (Standby 10 min)
  14. People Mover (Standby 5 min)
  15. Speedway (Standby 15 min)
  16. Space Mtn (FPP 2 at 11:30)

Our 3rd FPP was for Splash at 10:15, but the ride was down and it was converted to an anytime, which we’ll use tonight. Here’s some pics from EMM and the rest of the rides this morning:

We also stumbled upon one of the stage shows going on in front of the castle. Look, @dumborunner, more Elsa appearances!

I definitely tired the little guy out. He fell asleep in the stroller, and after transferring him to the bed, he’s been fast asleep for about an hour now!

I’m glad he’s napping, because we have Round Two tonight, with an Anytime FPP which I think we’ll use for Splash (if it’s open) and another FPP for JC that I picked up. Hoping to get a bunch more rides in with Modify FPP tonight. Then, HEA Dessert party. Thanks for following!

28 Likes

So excited to
Reading this and following along!

3 Likes

Thanks for following along!

1 Like

That is an amazingly productive morning! Glad Connor can fall asleep in the stroller.

3 Likes

Honestly, he hasn’t ridden in a stroller since our last trip in March. But I think I’ve worn him down so much, he could’ve fallen asleep standing up! But this is good. By 3:00 pm, I think he’ll be back up and we’ll hit the ground running again :laughing:

5 Likes

What a great morning! I hope you have an awesome time tonight.

4 Likes

My kids will be 6 and 3 next trip. I’ll be getting a double. It’s just smart helps with over tired kids

2 Likes

Is that a tiny piece of fruit I see in the middle of the breakfast table amid the eggs, potatoes, meat, and french toast? Good work dad, we wouldn’t want DS5 to not get fruit and vegetables while under your care :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The boy needs protein, ok? :joy: Honestly, I didn’t even realize how much protein is on that plate until you said something. The plates are all pre-made by the kitchen, so you have no control over what goes on to it, unless you make a special request. The fruit bar was so sad looking, that was all I could gather.

We did have a solid lunch of Space Ranger Slush too. He fell asleep before we could get anything of substance :upside_down_face: He looks like he’s about to fall asleep holding that cup! What happens in Disney stays in Disney, right?

18 Likes

Yes, no one will know!

I was teasing, of course. Its his birthday!

4 Likes

awesome trip report so far… ty for taking us along!..love following your adventures👍

4 Likes

Wow that is a lot of rides for just the morning. I don’t think I could do that many solo never mind with a 5 year old. So fun following along, have a great part 2.

4 Likes

You had quite a full day!!! That would be really nice to be able to walk around the WS without all the crowds

2 Likes

What a great morning!!!

I believe that EMM would be well worth it.

2 Likes