Dad & Son Trip Report - An Outrageously Overambitious Birthday Trip

It is very rich, but I managed to eat more than a few bites! :grimacing:

2 Likes

:joy::joy:
Jellyrolls is so fun. Maybe you and your DW need an adult trip. 16 years would be a long time to wait.

1 Like

Yes, that would be fun! I havenā€™t experienced WDW without kids since 2008. For now, Iā€™ll continue to see it through the eyes of a 5 year old, which in truth Iā€™m perfectly happy with.

9 Likes

There really is something magical about that.

3 Likes

Alright friends! I will see you all tomorrow. Thanks again @dreamer for the awesome shirts. Connor really was excited to see it. I actually put it on him when he was still sleeping, so he didnā€™t see it until he woke up :laughing:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s precious. Glad you liked them. Seriously though you need some sleep.

4 Likes

Good morning from crescent lake! Up bright and early again for EMM TSL. Decided to take the nice walk to HS!

19 Likes

Fantastic! Wow if you could watch HEA stretched out in the grass, crowd levels must be low! Looks like Connor thoroughly enjoying all this. Thanks for the Splash pic. 61 more days until I ride :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks like a beautiful morning!

4 Likes

Nice! FP day must be tomorrow for you then?

3 Likes

Yes :grimacing:

3 Likes

Interesting fact. They limit admission to TSL EMM to 850 people according to the CM Manning the rope.

6 Likes

I have to tell you that I wish I were Connorā€¦all the fun you are having!!! It is a lot easier to afford those extras when it is just for 2 not 10.

I think your plan for today sounds great. Have a blast!

5 Likes

I know. Thatā€™s why we went all out this trip. Plus, I donā€™t know when it will just be me and Connor again. Cam is too young to take advantage of most things at these events or stay up late enough for them.

3 Likes

great picture - looks like a wonderful morning!

3 Likes

Knock on wood, weā€™ve had perfect weather. Itā€™s not even too overbearingly hot. Plus, itā€™s always a good morning at WDW! :grin:

6 Likes

Looks like a beautiful morning! Great picture!

3 Likes

We are back for our midday break now, so Iā€™ll take the time to write up the report for this morning. I can definitely feel the pace of this trip catching up with me. Good thing we have planned for a good 6 hour break back at YC before heading out to AK DAH tonight!

Day 3, Part One: After returning last night from MK at about 10:15 pm, we headed back out first thing this morning at 6:40 am for HS to attend TSL EMM. Early mornings are my favorite time in the World. We did the very easy 20 minute walk to HS from YC, though we did see the boats running this early.

We made it to HS just before 7 am, were through the security line, wristband pickup, and turnstiles within just a few minutes. EMM at TSL is run much differently than it is for FL at MK. Officially, EMM starts at 7:30 am, but arriving early is definitely a plus, because they open the breakfast at Backlot Express at 7:00. We picked up a few small things, with the intent of returning after EMM.

I do love taking photos in the empty parks!

Right at 7:30 am they walk you back to TSL. We managed to ride SDD 3 times, ASS 1 time, and TSM 1 time. The wait time to SDD was consistently 10-15 minutes, which made it hard to do more than we did, but it was still worth it.

We wanted to meet Woody, but the line was really long the whole time during EMM. However, we got a little dose of Disney Magic when we turned the corner to leave TSL. Lo and behold, there was Buzz just walking up the path with no other guests in sight. He gladly stopped for a photo op:

After EMM, we went directly over to the Jedi Training sign up. Connor was being really shy, and backed out during the sign up. So we went over to the EMM breakfast at Backlot. The food is waaaaay better here compared to the breakfast at MK EMM. There is actually a really great menu you can choose from. We tried the chicken & donuts, the avocado toast, and the kids eggs. You can actually get one of everything if you really wanted to.

Then, we rode Star Tours, which is one of DSā€™s favorites.

As we were leaving Star Tours, we saw the Jedi training going on, and he got really excited. So, back over to the sign up area we went. It turns out that he really enjoyed it! Being a casual Star Wars fan, I really enjoyed it too. Kylo Ren, Darth Vader, and the Jedi cast members were really excellent actors!

On our way back, I couldnā€™t resist stopping at Starbucks to try that carrot cake that @Dreamer took pictures of on her trip. I also collect these mugs, and this is a new series to me. DW is going to kill me for bringing back another one :rofl:, we have about 10 already!

As we were exiting, the boat was docked there, so we hopped on. Itā€™s kinda slow, and we couldā€™ve walked faster back to YC, but it was nice to give my feet a break. Plus, we got some good pics of YC/BC from the lake.

Weā€™re resting now. Connor is watching Disney channel (of course). Hopefully, heā€™ll take a nap for a bit, then weā€™ll head down to Stormalong Bay for an hour or two before heading out to AK around 5ish. Canā€™t wait to take Connor on FOP and EE during DAH tonight! Hope he likes them. This will be the first time that heā€™ll be tall enough to ride them! Iā€™ll catch you all up on that later tonight!

20 Likes

Iā€™m glad he decided to do Jedi training! Thatā€™s a great picture!

3 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™m glad he decided to do it too. He had been talking about it, so I know he wanted to. But, at the sign up, they ask them a few questions to make sure they will follow instructions during the show. He hid behind me and wouldnā€™t answer the first go-round. But after seeing one of the shows in action, he begged me to go back and sign him up. Iā€™m glad he changed his mind too!

Of course, out of about 30 kids, he was the only one who started wacking Kylo Ren uncontrollably, while they were supposed to do the choreographed light saber fight that they had learned. :rofl:

11 Likes