Critique these ADR choices

No. We just call it Awful House. One and the same.

5 Likes

Hmmm ā€“ are you sure you want to make this many ADRs for this trip? It sounds like you may need to toggle between real meals and ā€œkid food.ā€

I like Anthony already :laughing:

1 Like

Warning: Anthony and Stuart are now reading the thread.

3 Likes

Hi Anthony and Stuart :wave:t3::wave:t3:

3 Likes

CG looks like a lovely restaurant, but if your friends donā€™t find anything on the menu appealing, why go there?

I live minutes from an IHOP and, I donā€™t know, a half dozen Waffle House(s).

I wouldnā€™t eat at any of them for the food.
Cracker Barrel would be better food and still a USAāœ”ļø

Walmart is awesome though. I love Walmart. The ones in my new town are awful. The FL ones are better.

I mean, if they want Roll Back pricing maybe.

Way more options than Walmart.

1 Like

We pretty much never step foot in WalMart. It is always a mess and poor customer service. After so many bad experiences we kind of just boycotted them. We MUCH prefer Target over WalMart (although, it is true you can go to WalMart for your gun needs if you want).

I also would avoid Waffle House, unless you like ants to join you at the table for your meal, and your feet to stick to the floor while you walk. IHOP is better (although, we donā€™t eat there except maybe once a decade).

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Anthony & Stuart! Now tell us what you really want to do/eat instead of us hearing it interpreted through @sanstitre_has_left_the_building.

1 Like

Totally agree here. Cracker Barrel is so much better, plus the general store part is fun.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to add Cracker Barrel to our next trip then :+1:t2:
I did like the look of the Chicken, Waffles and Beer posters that were along the highway. Well, not the Beer bit, but Iā€™m willing to share with DH :wink::+1:t2:

2 Likes

I never understood the Walmart hate until we moved to South Carolina. All of the Walmarts around my house back in New York were gorgeous. Absolutely as clean as a Publix or Wegmans.

Here in South Carolina they do have a different kind of Walmart called Walmart Marketplace. Their logo is green. They are just a grocery store and they are far better than the big normal store.

I did think the one we visited in Florida in May was quite clean.

1 Like

This is true. Several years ago, we went into the WalMart near my parents house in Ocala, FL, and it was a TOTALLY different experience from any of the stores near us, which are just an absolute mess.

1 Like

I was going to say the same.
Unless I am missing the reason for the fascination with IHOP (some kind of pop culture reference etc).

Having grown up around them, the true purpose of IHOP in my younger days was a place to go after you closed out all available bars/clubs. If half of your party does not plan on sleeping on the table, I donā€™t see the point.

The last time I heard this much thought being put into whether one should go there was when our group huddled in a circle in a parking lot over the body of someone who had badly overdone it, debating whether we should take them to the ER or IHOP.

For the record, IHOP was the correct answer in that case. I think you can even bill bottomless coffee to insurance.

1 Like

If you knew MouseMatt youā€™d know that just isnā€™t an option :slight_smile:

I have asked him to change iHop to waffle house, and Walmart to target.

:rofl:

6 Likes

Nooooo!!!

ETA: To be clear, the Noooo is to the Waffle House. Changing from IHOP is fine, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nooooo. Not Walmart. Walmart is classic. Target is plastic.

You wonā€™t regret a a FL Walmart. Itā€™s huge. And lots of Disney merch. Walmart FL for the win.

2 Likes

LOVE your username! Yes we all know @sanstitre_has_left_the_building is in control ā€“ which is precisely why I wanted to hear your side of things. It will get us both banned from his threads.

1 Like

Second this. I hate the idea of someone traveling here and voluntarily choosing to eat at a Waffle House. Please. No.

1 Like

Walmart and Cracker Barrel.

3 Likes