Critique these ADR choices

Have you been to Coral Reef post COVID? Reading lots of bad reviews lately but I suppose that’s normal.

Banned. For life.

3 Likes

Twice

Liked it both times tho it was less crowded in December 2020. We had a super magical time in June 2022.

The nice thing about Disney is there’s something for everyone.

:blush:

1 Like

Second San Angel for Epcot. I feel like it never gets enough love and find it odd that theme park water smell is not a universally recognized appetite enhancer. People seem to get it at Blue Bayou!

Also Teppan Edo - gathering around the hot cooking surface is actually kind of cozy in December (whereas SAI maybe gets more points as a nice cool escape in the Summer). When I have eaten there and looked around, it seems like 3 out of every 5 adults are just eating the chicken or shrimp and rice (possibly from kids meal?) so your non-adventurous group members always have that as a backup.

1 Like

I know I’m in the minority here, but I went to both WC and AP 2 weeks ago, and I much preferred our WC breakfast to our AP dinner (much as I wanted to love my $$$ meal for 2 adults and 2 children, one who doesn’t eat anything ever). Everyone says this is the best character meal, but I say that’s only true if you really love Snow White (the movie). Otherwise, I think it’s much more fun meeting Mickey & Friends (anywhere). We had dinner at CM, but as an adult, I’m willing to bet that I’d prefer TT.

I agree with @Flutegarden that Sci-fi is a unique experience with really yummy food.

2 Likes

I only worry about AP because you say they’re not adventurous eaters…and the food there borders on adventurous. But the character interactions are fun - if you like Snow White.

Higher end pricing wise…but just for the ‘we’re in America’ experience…would you consider Hoop-Dee-Doo?

Update

I spoke to Paul last night and he mentioned wanting a traditional Christmas dinner. My first thought was LTT, but I don’t think the atmosphere there is anything special. I did some searching and discovered Minnie’s Holiday Dine at H&V. Sounds perfect.

As that ticks the character meal box, TT is out again. And I agreed with @StinsyLinson and @ChallahMonster so AP is out and WC is back in.

The following are pretty solid as they tick multiple boxes:

CG
H&V
Boma
WC
Sci-Fi
Satu’li

Anty insists on going to IHOP (and Walmart — he thinks these define the authentic American experience)

I’m not solid on GF Café. We can use Enchanted Rose as an excuse to go to GF.

And we need a brunch on departure day — probably at DS somewhere.

1 Like

I would have to agree with that :laughing:
Although when we tried IHOP it didn’t live up to our expectations.
Walmart is always fun though!! :woman_shrugging:t4::rofl::rofl:

He really wants to see guns on sale :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Okay, well actually I’ve never seen that at Walmart.
That’s not where people buy guns is it??

I thought you were planning to try for Space 220 Lounge?

Also, tell Anty the correct pairing is Walmart and Waffle House.

2 Likes

It might not be your preferred plan but do your friends know about the EP holiday festival and will they want to eat at the booths?

That’s interesting!
The Waffle House is one that I always notice the signs for, but haven’t heard anything of elsewhere, so never ventured in.
So would you rate Waffle House above IHOP?
If so, I’ll need to put it on our to do list for the next trip…

For sure. But that’s such a hard ADR to get that I’m not relying on it.

I’m not sure they will. Don’t the food offerings tend to be a bit experimental? And I don’t know if they’re going to want to wander around WS.

It’s definitely worth bearing in mind. Even if just for a snack. I’ll need to see the menus / reviews when they come out.

The food is better at IHOP (though I don’t really like either). I just think of Waffle House as much more of a southern chain. In my experience IHOP’s are more likely to be cleaner and less run-down where Waffle Houses are hit or miss. Neither are worth going out of your way for. (Should I have blurred that? :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Noted.

Don’t the food offerings tend to be a bit experimental?
[/quote]

From the menus I’ve seen in the past, most of the offerings look traditional and are pretty much the same one year to the next. They always add a few new things each year, but the FOTH menus look more traditional than the other festival offerings. My impression is that the goal of the winter meals is a taste of traditions whether it’s a holiday tamale or a potato latke.

There will also be holidays around the world with Storytellers in each country?

This is good to know. Anthony is literally more excited about going to an IHOP than he is any other aspect of the trip. I wish I were joking.

You’ve lost them already. They don’t know what either of those things are.

“Boring”.

1 Like

I showed Paul the menu for the CG 50th dinner. He literally didn’t like any of the appetisers, including the ones on the children’s menu.

I’m hoping he can order the pizza but hold all of the toppings except cheese and tomato.

Also, not joking.

2 Likes