CR refurbishment - 1st pics of new Incredibles decor

My personal preferences, yes, but I believe mid-century modern, like Art Deco, seems timeless. Unlike brutalism, which looked hideous and dystopic before the construction was even done. And it always seems to invoke a very particular era that no one in his or her right mind thought was stylish.

1 Like

As a friend of mine used to say ā€œThatā€™s why God made chocolate and vanilla. Itā€™s cool to like different things.ā€

Iā€™m not into the retro look, so neither TWA nor this do anything for me. But hey, for those who love them, Iā€™m happy for you.

4 Likes

Iā€™m just not into the retro look. Too hipster for me.

1 Like

These updates look just like the recent updates to the value resorts only these rooms cost about $500 more a night.

7 Likes

Hmm, Iā€™m not a fan of this. I thought the previous design looked really cool and I looked forward to possibly staying here for the first (and likely only time) in a year or two. But the heavy character design doesnā€™t mix well for me. Maybe it looks better in person?

Alsoā€¦ is this design going to applied to all the rooms? Or just certain ones? Iā€™ll be booking as close to a standard room is available.

1 Like

Fiiiiiinally the CR is no longer a more expensive Motel 6! Praise be!

I like! I woulda preferred if they had kept the square sinks, though. Theyre really unique to most hotel rooms.

Thoughā€¦ itā€™s a little heavy on the incredibles thing. Mostly itā€™s the curtains. Did we need their silhouettes? No. No we did not.

And yeah, sure, I woulda been good with subtle Mickey hints like bay lake does, but Iā€™m just glad ā€œbeige and brownā€ is no longer the primary colors!

7 Likes

Oh, wow. Yeah this is an improvement.

Old:

New:

12 Likes

Why canā€™t I sit on the couch and watch tv? :sob:

4 Likes

I love the new look. Would I switch from somewhere else cheaper and pay more to stay there now? Probably not, but if I was gonna stay at CR anyway, Iā€™d be super pleased with this change.

5 Likes

I love thisā€¦the old rooms seemed so blah to me and I never had any interest in staying there. This seems to fit the style of the building so much better. I mean if you are going to continue to call yourself the contemporary you better maintain that status and move with the times. Daā€™ling I would totally stay here now!

3 Likes

Yeah, the only reason I would stay in the CR / BLT is for convenience to MK and only for 1 or 2 nights max. Itā€™s so freakinā€™ expensive. But if I was in the tower, Iā€™d prefer the new rooms to the old.

1 Like

I like the new look especially compared to the old. It is so much brighter and the lines theyā€™ve created make it look bigger. The pretend clothing hanging in the closet is a cute touch. Is it just me, or is the bathtub unusually long?

1 Like

I think it might be the camera lens they are using.

1 Like

Itā€™s really hard to tell if theyā€™ve changed any of the walls in the bathroom, but itā€™s hard to imagine they would have, and the older picture looks more normal sized. So Iā€™m with @ryan1 that itā€™s the camera angle.

1 Like

I was thinking that too, but the round mirror and shower head do not look distorted. That tub look really long and narrow. Itā€™s just weird.

1 Like

I donā€™t think the original in your first image is the same room type as the refurb one.

1 Like

I really love the wall opening around the window. It completely changes the look and feel of the room.

2 Likes

Ok this is really nerdy of me, but I think in the reflection you get a better sense of the proportions. For one, I marked the wall in orange here, which corresponds to the same wall in the ā€œoldā€ picture perfectly and makes me think the bathroom dimensions / walls were unchanged. Secondly, I marked lines for the open portion of the shower in blue, and it looks much closer to the proportions of the ā€œclosedā€ side of the shower, as opposed to the non-reflection image.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! You can really see it in the reflection of the open shower door. Wow. :astonished:

1 Like

Thatā€™s what she said

9 Likes