CR refurbishment - 1st pics of new Incredibles decor

I like the design of the new rooms, including the Incredibles. However, for some reason the rooms look so small to me. Maybe it’s because I’m comparing to the BLT 2BR villa that I stayed in. :joy: But also I think the couches kind of crowd the room. Almost seems like a DCL cabin.

3 Likes

I LOVE this! I feel like this retro future vibe kind of goes with the image I have of the Contemporary, with the monorail going through. It makes me want to stay there.

5 Likes

I hope the monorail doesn’t crash off the tracks like in the first movie though.

(Now I’m singing the Incredibles theme in my head)

4 Likes

But I hope not :grimacing::crazy_face::laughing:

4 Likes

Oh, wow, that’s super cool looking!

2 Likes

A very dear friend of mine has always looked at me askance when I talked about how much I want to stay at the CR. (She loves the GF.) I booked a theme park view room in the tower for my September trip, and I was so excited. Then they started this refurbishment and pushed me out to a DVC villa that did not make my heart go pitty-pat. I complained, both here and to my small circle of friends. All this time, my very dear friend has said, “But Bay, you just don’t know the bullet you dodged. The rooms at the Contemporary are SO DULL. The ceilings are SO low. You feel squashed in there. You’ll be so glad you’re not staying there.”

I can’t wait to find out if she’s seen these pictures. Obviously, they can’t raise the ceilings any more. (Without indulging that legend that the rooms were always s’posed to slide out like pizza slices out of a toaster oven for refurbishing!) Will the fresh, new look impress her?

(I finally followed OBNurseNH’s advice and changed my reservation to the BWI, my longtime favorite resort, and I’m happy again about where we’re staying in September. But look at that mid mod decor! If you removed all the Incredibles imagery, the CR would still be bangin’!)

3 Likes

I love CR and I love The Incredibles, but I do not like this. Are there other deluxe WDW resorts that have all of their rooms decorated with Disney (or Pixar) characters? It seems cheap to me.

I can see how if you weren’t a CR fan, this could appeal to you. But I loved the retro modern and dare I say old school Disney World “tradition” of CR. And those rooms felt like an upscale hotel.

It’s funny because I’d actually wanted to stay at Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge or if we can afford it Grand Floridian for our next trip, but I was having trouble convincing myself to give up CR and that lake view from a balcony. But this might actually do it.

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP THIS IS A DISASTER THAT’S WORSE THAN THE HINDENBURG IF HITLER WAS DRIVING. ALL DISNEY WANTS TO DO IS USE IP. IGER CHAPEK PROBABLY RUNS AROUND ALL DAY YELLING “IP ON EVERYTHING!!!” YOU SHOULD BE TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL AND SAY THE CONTEMPORARY HAS BEEN A COMPLETE [redacted]HOLE SINCE THE LOGAN’S RUN DECOR WAS TAKEN OUT.

6 Likes

It looks like the Incredibles threw up in the TWA Hotel rooms. I initially thought I was exaggerating, but then I looked at the TWA Hotel website again…

Contemporary is crossed off my “need to stay there” list.

And if they’re NOT and it goes missing from your room, I’d expect a nice charge on your card on file.

The cruise line ones are like $99.00

2 Likes

I am not old enough to remember the Logan’s Run decor.

You must be older than I.

3 Likes

Not necessarily. DH went to a warehousing logistics conference there once. :wink: At CSR, which he hated, and which is why we will never, ever stay there.

CR isn’t my vibe so I don’t love it, but I don’t hate it either. Unlike the Poly refurb, which I do love.

1 Like

I also love the look of the TWA Hotel rooms.

1 Like

Jaysus, not that much. Plus you’re ungrammatical.

EDIT: the picture above isn’t even the worst, as at least by the time of that image there were real fake trees. In the Logan’s Run days, the “trees” were abstract and had Lucite “leaves:”

http://cheapskateprincess.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/lobby-of-the-Contemporary-Resort-back-in-the-1970s.jpg

2 Likes

A year and a day is still older.

(:shushing_face: I had never heard of the TWA hotel and that looks pretty cool.:shushing_face:)

4 Likes

Right?!

1 Like

Personally I wish it was more like this Rat Pack vibe…

1 Like

THERE IS NO SANCTUARY

1 Like

It kind of does have the same vibe, except less color / more white, and a little more posh. Maybe more color would help?

1 Like