CR refurbishment - 1st pics of new Incredibles decor

Disney Parks blog has an article with photos.

I am six times bummed out that my plans have changed so much since I first made them last November. I have dreamed of staying at the Contemporary since I was 9 years old. This is gonna be so cool.

6 Likes

Saw this on FB earlier.

I LOVE it!

That Edna Mode throw pillow? Might disappear if I stay there :wink:

9 Likes

Oh that’s fun!

1 Like

I love it! It actually makes me want to stay there. Previously, I had zero desire.

8 Likes

Urgh, I hate this sooooo much.

OK, so it doesn’t help I haven’t seen the movie because that animation style makes me physically shudder.

But some of it, like the pillow cases and curtains look like a kids nursery matching set. The rooms just look tacky to me. Bathrooms are nice.

But since I won’t be staying in them I guess I shouldn’t care too much. Woe betide them if the6 try that with the BLT rooms though.

4 Likes

Same! I never understood the appeal of the Contemporary (other than walking to MK), but Incredibles? Totally down for that.

3 Likes

I LOVE The Incredibles. It may be my favorite Pixar film. (But there are so many good ones, so don’t pin me to that!)

But…I think the new rooms would look better…MINUS The Incredibles.

So, I’m mixed. I think the new look overall is incredible (Ha!), but NOT with with The Incredibles touches added in.

Now…if they were no longer planning on the CR to be a resort to host conventions, and wanting to appeal more to the family crowd, fine. But seems incongruent with the overall vibe of the place.

5 Likes

I bet they’ll be selling them in the gift shop… they will if they are smart anyway :wink:

4 Likes

That’s an excellent point. Do people attending conventions really want Disney characters decorating their rooms? It doesn’t exactly say “sophisticated” does it?

People attending conferences at Disney probably do.

Or they’ll go somewhere else.

4 Likes

Do people organising sophisticated events think of Disney first? I’d assume, rightly or wrongly, that it’s fun conventions that happen there. Or serious conventions where they also want people to have fun.

3 Likes

Also re: sophisticated

Need I say more?

12 Likes

You see….

Why is her head so big? Why is her face all puffed out.

{{{shudders}}}

As for the convention thing, I would think that organisers are going for well-organised, fun stuff for after hours but still business-like for accommodation. Similar to the type of hotel their guests would normally stay in.

Didn’t Disney say that GDT was designed as deluxe rooms at a resort with a convention centre? In other words, they recognised that the CSR rooms were not sophisticated enough for the convention goers.

The alternatives are YC or GDT. I know which would now be bottom of my list.

1 Like

Something for everyone!

2 Likes

I said that too

1 Like

I love these changes! We are staying there mid-October.

3 Likes

Oh… post pics plz!!! I think the make over looks GREAT! and I’m hoping for pillows in the gift shop :wink:

2 Likes

I hated the corporate blah look of the rooms and saw no reason to stay there. These are kind of cool in a mid-century modern sort of way. Will probably still never stay there, but this makes it a more tempting alternative.

5 Likes

And suddenly the CR is an option!

3 Likes

I think this is great! Room fits I think. Lack of any theme at CR bothered me. It’s kind of subtle the way they did it.

3 Likes