CR refurbishment - 1st pics of new Incredibles decor

I was trying to think of another way to word that, but I just couldn’t. :joy:

1 Like

Please don’t ever alter your lexicon to avoid setting this up.

5 Likes

You can get pretty much the exact same room minus the Incredibles throwing up all over it for less at the TWA Hotel at JFK. Just saying.

1 Like

This is actually a massive fail and I can’t believe they did it.

As for the rooms, they are very much sticking to the template they have followed in every hotel refurbishment so far. Except these ones have carpets.

It feels like a good fit for the Contemporary, though, and the colour scheme seems congruent with the Mary Blair mural.

6 Likes

The pillows on the back of the sofa come off so you can sleep 5 in that room. I remember that in the garden rooms too.

1 Like

Right? The resort gift shop better be full of these

2 Likes

On closer inspection, it appears to be a rug on tile to me.

2 Likes

hmmmm… you could be right :thinking:

I like the new look much more than the old look. It’s a lot lighter and makes the room look larger. I love the Incredibles touches, except orange is not my favorite color.

This makes me willing to stay there.

3 Likes

I love all the silhouettes in the backs of closets and on drawer bottoms; fun touches!

3 Likes

Do you have a lottery win you haven’t told me about?

2 Likes

Don’t I wish…. But I am saving for Aneira’s 21st birthday in 2022.

1 Like

Hi! I’ve been out of the bubble for a while. What does this mean? Google Translate was no help. Thanks in advance! :grinning:

1 Like

Intellectual Property - Disney films/stories

1 Like

Thank you! :grinning:

1 Like

I like the new room design. I have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary since my first WDW trip in '82. And with theme park view. The Incredibles is one of my favorite movies, probably because of the style and setting - since I lived through that during my formative years. To stay at CR with those new room designs would be fantastic - to me. I showed them to DH today, and he agreed they look fun. I told him that my only ultimate WDW wish is to stay in CR with a theme park view room decorated like that - and he actually understood and agreed to that! Well, for just a couple nights, then the rest are at someplace much less expensive.

2 Likes

They are even try to force the creation of a Tower of Terror movie right now so they can:

• Check the box that it is IP
  • Stop paying royalties on Twilight Zone

Good Luck Scarlett! Scarlett Johansson and Disney Teaming for ‘Tower of Terror’ Movie – The Hollywood Reporter

1 Like

I actually missed this thread bc I am learning a new computer program (and ugh I already hate it) but I did see the pics.
I didn’t really like CR when I stayed there in November 2020. I’m not a huge Incredibles fan either. But I like this better than what they had before.
The OCD in me had me looking at that sliding door opening and thinking about all the spiderwebs that will live in the nook bc nobody’s gonna clean that. :rofl:

3 Likes

But it’s an awfully long walk from there to the MK :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Overrated. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: