Covid vaccine and you

Oh, shoot! Y’all are gonna make me blush. It was an occasion to celebrate! I received a sudden leftover for my first shot, and I was surprised by how emotional I felt with that first one. Having a few weeks to prepare for the grand finale gave me time to plan something fun. But thank you, everyone, for the kind comments! May we all make lots and lots of antibodies!

10 Likes

Here here. I texted my mom 2 weeks and counting till my 97% immunity. ;-). I can’t wait for that peace of mind for me. DH is getting his second Moderna next week (son and I got Pfizer so we beat him to the punch). I’m curious his reaction. Son had no symptoms but a sore arm the first time. I didn’t have a sore arm but did feel like I was coming down with the flu this morning but I’m starting to feel better now.

9 Likes

This made me smile :blush:

1 Like

I also got my second shot (Pfizer), yesterday. So far, I feel great. Not even a sore arm this time. (It was slightly sore for the first shot).
Lines were nonexistent both times I went, so I’m fascinated by the pictures everyone is posting with lots of people waiting. That’s not to say that people aren’t getting their shots, here. If I look at the MN Dept of Health info, 70% of 16+ have gotten their first shot in my county. Yay us! I was talking to a neighbor, yesterday, about what a bubble we live in.

6 Likes

Your bubble sounds lovely :heart_eyes: I miss MN

FTFY. :wink:

3 Likes

oh no… I was a MN that LOVED winter and hated summer… true story! I would say the only good thing about summer in MN is that it was short b/c I hated mowing the lawn and then I moved to FL where I have to mow weekly and in the summer/rainy season sometimes 2x a week… YUCK!

1 Like

I’m also feeling pretty good since yesterday… sore arm, but that’s about it. I’m feeling okay about MI… more than 50% have their first dose already, and we just opened to 16+ with no health issues on 4/5. I went to the big FEMA site in Detroit, so a little line is to be expected but it was only maybe a little over 5 minutes wait for the second one. I waited about 15 minutes for the first, but that was in the first few days the site was open, and they didn’t really have a good handle on how many walk-ins they could allow at any given time, so things got a little more backed up at times that week.

6 Likes

My sister used to live in Maple Grove and I visited her there a few times (in the summer, of course!). It was lovely. I’m not a winter person so I could never live there, but MN summers are magic.

What? That is crazy talk. :smiley: I’m with @Jeff_AZ. The summers here are magic.
I put up with the winters because my DH is like you. He loves it when it’s cold and snowy.

2 Likes

Well… MN summers have twilight… sun up 4 am & sundown 10 pm. We did lots of outdoor activity in the summers but we did the outdoors in the winter too. I had a summer kitchen in the basement b/c I didn’t have AC in my house or car… summer was too short for them :wink: Winter is beautiful and serene to me.

1 Like

DS getting 2nd Pfizer dose now. Parking lot is pretty empty. No lines. 36 min in/out… survey and follow up wait time takes longer than anything else. Looks like a lot of teens and young adults here today at the Orlando FEMA site. When we were here 3 weeks ago there was a line around the building of ppl and cars inline to get into parking lot.

10 Likes

Second shot done. Wife gets hers later today. I noticed they are accepting walk-ins now, which wasn’t the case a couple weeks ago. People seem to be more reluctant now. Apparently a significant number of people are skipping their second dose.

Anyhow, nice to be done!

10 Likes

We have walk in in my state too, where 2 weeks ago people were having a hard time. Sounds like a huge drop off of people wanting it. Will be interesting to see the numbers of how many are actually getting it. More supply or less demand?

ok so totally excited…my kiddo got the vaccine in the trial and not the placebo!!! it is such a relief to know that she is protected. WDW here we come!!! and the same day we found out i got into the graduate program i applied to so there seems to be light for us at the end of this long tunnel!!!

15 Likes

i should also say she had zero symptoms.

3 Likes

Yay! Congrats on getting accepted into the program and the great news on the vaccine!

Thank you!!! She was quite amazing about the whole thing! Very science minded this one…plus worried about her grandparents.

1 Like

My DS (AD Army) finally got his first shot today. But when he found out post was giving Moderna he went to a Walgreens that had Pfizer. Since two older sisters had bad reactions to Moderna and DH, younger DS and I had virtually no reaction to Pfizer he didn’t want to risk it.

5 Likes

Following up. Starting last night, my wife starting developing a fever. As of right now, about 24 hours after her second dose of Pfizer, she has a fever of 102.7. I, by contrast, have had nothing more than a sore arm.

7 Likes