Covid vaccine and you

I have been called 6x this past week by the state to schedule my shots. I’m three weeks past my second dose. :smirk:

5 Likes

I guess there are probably some people who aren’t thinking about it and need the reminder? :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

For sure. But I also know there are more shots than arms here right now and they are trying to get ppl in and vaccinated. I wish them luck everytime they call

3 Likes

Same! I got my MA email this weekend to schedule my first for…after I will have received my second. I was able to get my appointments via liner skills I learned through here!

6 Likes

I think some people didn’t want to be bothered with the effort it took to obtain or weren’t as willing to do anything to get their appointments. I know people who didn’t want to go more than a town over to get their doses or go at a time convenient to them. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Same here. My two best friends were both like, “I called (once) and nothing was available, so I guess I’ll have to wait.” I kept telling them they needed to check back daily as appointments are added all the time. It took them both two weeks longer than me to get scheduled. Not a big deal, but it hurt my Liner heart to see them give up so easily! And they wouldn’t have gotten the appointments they did - even two weeks later - without me bugging them and sending them links!

5 Likes

My county texted me on Thursday, and has been harassing me since then even though I told them I already got it.

1 Like

I got Pfizer #2 on Monday. Last time, I had sore arm for a few days. This time, I started feeling bad on Monday evening and by Tuesday morning I was miserable. Body aches in places I didn’t know I could ache. Tired, chills, low grade fever, headache. I went to bed about 8:30. This morning I woke up and felt like a million bucks. Touch of soreness at the injection site. That was it.

Also, within five minutes of one another, I got a call from our pediatrician that they’re doing a Moderna clinic on Fri for patients 18+ and their families AND a message from our HS that they will offer Pfizer to students 16+ next week. My DS16 got Pfizer at Walgreens and gets #2 in early May. I guess I hadn’t realized I didn’t need to break my neck to find a place that would take him. :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Covid vaccine and you:

I am feeling really tired almost 8 hours out from Pfizer #2. But that’s it other than my extremities feel a little tingly like toes.

6 Likes

So true. DH spent a fair amount of time Jan-Mar keeping an eye on the vaccine appointment situation in the Phoenix area. He’d see comments in online discussion groups, complaining or frantic about not able to make an appointment. Yet, they weren’t really so desperate as to widen their options beyond a few hours on certain days at their neighborhood pharmacy. So many spots were open if they’d just drive a few miles, or go in the evening or early morning. Their “I’ll do anything” turned into “but not that.”

ETA: And sure enough, if they were willing to just keep waiting another three months, they can get them the way they wanted.

6 Likes

Yep - my sister in law got her first shot (and my brother ended up getting his as a ride-along) in the “middle of the night”. AKA 10:57 PM.

7 Likes

When our category opened, I stayed up most of the night waiting for the two drops to get DH and I appointments at CVS.

DS20’s pediatrician (but still works there) sold her practice to a community health care group that serves primarily low income people and immigrants. Since he is away for college and the group will see him as an adult, he’s still a patient there, though he is not a starving college student or an immigrant. Anyway, when his category opened for the vaccine, they called him to set up an appointment! Unfortunately, he is 370 miles away. :cry: Neither he nor I had to say up for him to get an appointment.

1 Like

A trip report:

15 Likes

Not sure what they’re doing in other states, but I checked the CVS registration today and they’re taking anyone 16+ and had availability in quite a few cities in Virginia. Most people in our city who get appointments through the state are getting sent 30 minutes away to get their shot at a max site, so this is a much more convenient option. Thought I’d mention it.

4 Likes

I got my second shot this afternoon and dressed for the occasion – tiara, sash, flowers, and a smile hidden by my mask! It was Moderna, or, as my sister calls it, “the Dolly shot.” Thanks, Dolly Parton! (And Vanderbilt… and probably a few other people… but c’mon, Dolly Parton.)

23 Likes

She is a treasure isn’t she?

5 Likes

I love this! Congratulations!

1 Like

Yay! Now that is the way to celebrate ! Congrats!

2 Likes

Congrats! I love that you made an occasion of it!

1 Like

You are awesome!

2 Likes