Covid vaccine and you

DDs both had #2 Moderna on Friday and both are in bed with high fevers.

3 Likes

Oh no. Hope they hydrate and feel better soon.

2 Likes

Pfeizer is also working on a new formulation that doesn’t have such drastic storage requirements.

2 Likes

An update from a little island from the other side of the pond - Jersey.

DW has had the 2 shots of the AZ vaccine - sore arm, achy joints hot and cold for about a day and a half on the first shot not much to mention on the second. DD has had the first AZ shot after being successful in getting a MH nursing post after graduating tail end of last year - sore arm, achy all over and hot/cold, next shot should be in around 4-8 weeks. I have had both shots of AZ - a bit woozy on first night but a good sleep cleared all but an ache when I lifted the injected arm (for a couple of days following. Nothing from the second shot.

Below are Jersey’s stats (Island population is 110,000)

So our trip to WDW originally planned for Sept 2020, moved to May 2021 and re-moved to late Aug (3 weeks) looks more likely to happen, provided we are permitted to enter Florida.

Good luck all with your vaccinations

7 Likes

Here’s a nice little video with Dr. Fauci discussing some things he’s comfortable doing now that he’s fully vaccinated. May help some of you in determining your comfort/risk level.

2 Likes

Morning! On the 10th My daughter 18 ,my brother and I drove to Ventura Ca. to the CVS and got our first shot of Pfizer :blush: We go back on May 2nd to get the second shot. It was really hard to find an appointment here in Santa Barbara but Ventura had a bunch of them. Two months ago my boyfriend had to go to Lompoc to get his. One of my Disney roomies is a nurse in Colorado and she has been doing a vaccine clinic and she said they are giving 24 shots every 10 minutes! :heart:

10 Likes

I had first dose of Pfizer on Sunday morning. Had a little tenderness at the injection site, but no big deal. Less than from my flu shot, I think. Then yesterday mid-day started feeling weak. Thought I just needed to eat lunch (low blood sugar), but then started getting a headache and feeling feverish. Light bulb went off - realized these are side effects. Went home a little early and had an easy night. This morning feeling tired/weak and a slight headache. Hoping this is the worst of it. Like you, I had Covid (in December) and hope this reaction means I won’t have a reaction to the second dose. I guess we’ll find out in a few weeks!

8 Likes

Wow, very similar experience! Fingers crossed our 2nd ones are a breeze.

1 Like

Second Pfizer vaccine this morning. Will be in the parks 2 weeks from today. Keeping fingers crossed mild reaction like last time.

11 Likes

I’m in line to get Pfizer #2 right now! Sadly, I have to wait until August for WDW. :joy:

8 Likes

It will be worth the wait. I haven’t been in the parks since 2018, so feels like forever!

7 Likes

It is so great to finally be looking forward to once again doing things we love to do!

Also, so great to “see” you here!

6 Likes

I haven’t been since like 2005! I was supposed to go May 2020. So excited to go back!

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

DH got first Moderna dose this morning! He was originally schedule for J&J but was notified yesterday that the vaccination location received Moderna as the replacement. So excited he will be fully vaccinated by the time we head to Florida for the first of 2 summer trips!

13 Likes

DS16 had no side effects and we’re 48 hours out from that second shot. I’m about to get my round 2. I hope I’m as lucky as him!

9 Likes

Got shot two of Pfizer this morning. First shot was super easy, hoping for the same. Same arm soreness, but nothing worth complaining about.

11 Likes

Got my first Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon! So far so good. My arm is a little sore and I felt very slightly achy and chilly last night, but nothing too bad.

9 Likes

I got my first Pfizer vaccine last Friday. I only had a sore arm. My next vaccine is on 5/7.

9 Likes

In other news, the Washington State phase finder has decided to finally send me a text letting me know I’m eligible to get the vaccine. Only 1-/2 weeks after actually getting my first shot and more than two weeks since I scheduled it! Geez. Glad I wasn’t depending on that notification to get going.

6 Likes