Covid vaccine and you

First dose done for me. Wife goes this afternoon.

12 Likes

Why did I read the title of the thread today as: Cocaine vaccine and you ???

5 Likes

For DDjustabout17

https://i.imgflip.com/5545o4.jpg

14 Likes

Yay!

2 Likes

Saving that one for when DD14 can get the vaccine! :smiley:

7 Likes

Which may be soon! :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

4 Likes

I read they are saying they don’t think they need to convene that special opinion board for the 12-15 age group data, since it is a similar call to the previous Pfizer petition. If so, that could really speed it up!

Fingers crossed both that is true and the data holds up to analysis.

7 Likes

Got dose two yesterday! Ready to get back to travel!

10 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I ended up doing some research and saw the same thing, so I got my second shot this morning and I just made sure to fuel up with water and food before hand.

2 Likes

Just adding that my Doctor told me to take Tylenol up to 1000mg before and after as needed/directed. I don’t have any history of allergies to medicines though!

I also saw that taking it before could hide an allergic reaction if present with advice not to take it, so I personally didn’t. But I’ve only had the first dose so far, 2 weeks until my second.

I hope your second goes easy and you re one of the easy no effect cases!!

1 Like

The nurse who gave me my shot said this is a lie. You can take both Tylenol and ibuprofen no worries. I explicitly asked her because I had a dehydration headache from drinking champagne the night before celebrating a work promotion (only two glasses but I’m a light weight). So I took the meds the moment I got home and my headache went away. She said the only concern with taking an NSAID prior to the vaccine was in the that it can make you bleed more but you’d have to take a lot of it for it to be a concern.

3 Likes

I just got home from giving Moderna vaccines for 4 hours as part of a mass vaccination clinic put on by our health department. It was crazy busy but so fun to see all the people of all ages coming in to get their vaccines now. I think there were somewhere between 900-1000 people signed up for an appointment today. I only worked for part of the day, the site is open until 7pm. This is the biggest clinic the health department has done so far. The last “big” clinic was 300 available appointments and there regular days are somewhere around 100 appointments. It was quite impressive to see all the people involved and all the people who wanted vaccines.

12 Likes

The teachers have been hydrating the day before and taking pedialyte the day of their second shots.

3 Likes

Good tip. Thanks!

Day after report:. Sore arm, yes. Maybe slightly worse than the flu shot, but pretty close to the same. I haven’t had any other symptoms yet. Quite tired this morning…but that could be because I woke up at 5:00 am the past two days after not sleeping well. So the fact that I slept until 7:00 this morning likely isn’t related to the shot.

8 Likes

DH had his first Pfizer vaccine on Friday around noon. He had a sore arm to his elbow at first. After about 24 hours, he was sore everywhere and was tired. He complained of a headache, but thinks allergies may have contributed, as it’s a bad time of year for us for that. He felt better this morning, but still has a bit of a headache.

This makes me nervous for mine on Friday. I tend to have more of an immune reaction to things than he does.

3 Likes

If this makes you feel any better…I have had some horrible reactions which is why I needed to stay 30 minutes for observation after the shot instead of the typical 15. But I didn’t even have a sore arm after my Pfizer shot, no reaction whatsoever. DH had a swollen red welt at the injection site and complained about arm soreness for about a day afterwards. So just because you’ve had a reaction in the past doesn’t mean you’ll have one now. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

It’s pretty unpredictable. My son and I had minimal reactions to our Pfizers - sore arms similar to any other vaccination, and maybe a little more sleepy than usual. That’s it.

1 Like

Had my first Pfizer dose yesterday. Very little in the way of symptoms so far - slight tenderness at the injection site, a little sore there yesterday but that’s gone today. A little tired, but other than that, nothing.

5 Likes

I got Moderna dose 1 Friday morning 9:30. Sore arm most of the day but woke up middle of the night with a pounding headache. Felt pretty crappy all day Saturday…chills, fever, headache, aches and sore arm. Took some Tylenol around 5pm to help and felt much better. Woke up Sunday with headache again and just not feeling 100%. I did have covid back in January and had read that those who had it previously are getting worse side effects with first dose. I just hope that means no side effects with 2nd dose.

5 Likes