Covid vaccine and you

I LOVE tangents! and will happily follow any topic trail :wink:

3 Likes

Lol I very sparingly use tape but I do take stuff off like handles and sockets. I will tape baseboards but because we have textured walls I do not tape ceilings. It bleeds anyway and I’ll have to clean it so I just freehand it. I’m pretty decent at it and to the naked eye you can’t tell unless you stare really hard. I do use a drop cloth however I have found the issue with drop cloths (and this is what the pros did that ruined my floor) is when you fold them up to throw them away is when you need to be careful. Paint gets off them onto the floor.

1 Like

I’m the queen of “squirrel” as my dad calls it and it’s why I relate to Dug so well and Up is my favorite Disney film as an adult. All my convos go way off track and very easily led there…”squirrel”.

2 Likes

I don’t tape. I normally use a brush for all my cutting in, but used a pad gadget for the ceiling edging while on the ladder bc I had slightly less control. I do wait a full week before I rehang anything in order to let the paint cure.

I will have 22 doors to paint soon.
:pleading_face:

3 Likes

I think I’m gonna have 13 plus a barn door. I’m a little scared of the barn door

1 Like

Holy Moly look at you!!! You Go!!

1 Like

To be fair, 10 of mine are just the paired sliding closet doors, so no hinges.

This thread is so funny! I also do my own painting to have money for other things. I do not do a great job with ceiling edging…I always end up needing to retouch the ceiling!!! Other than that it always looks good. I was worried this last time because the previous owners did a beautiful job (except for the color) but we followed their lines and it looks great! No more kid colors for my tween…a pretty gray and a muted salmon color on one wall. She even painted my Gramma’s bedside tables to match!

2 Likes

I use those for all ceiling edges, and a few other tight spots. (They are great for behind toilets, for example.)

I always tape baseboards and moulding around doors, though. It is a pain…but the times I decided to cheat and just try to cut in with a brush, I end up regretting it!

2 Likes

Yes!

It’s all about figuring out what works for you. I make a bigger mess with tape. I think I have a false sense of security and don’t try as hard.

With six kids and college years starting we’ve been playing bedroom musical chairs for five years. Since I like to paint I was letting kids always decide what color they wanted. Last year I cried uncle and now they can pick from a handful of greys. LOL

4 Likes

Over the Christmas break, I wanted to frame some of my daughter’s art so she could hang it in her room. And in give a mouse a cookie fashion, this led to hanging new shelves, and organizing her desk and then deciding the rug in her room needs to be replaced, and while we’re at it update her bedspread and curtains…which led us to realize that the new warmer colors for those things are clashing with the cooler wall color. So now I have to repaint her room!

7 Likes

The story of my life…

My 13yo wants solid “Apartment White” walls. The last rendition of her room was panda themed so we flipped it and reversed it in my best Missy Elliot voice and did three white walls with black trim and one black accent wall with white trim. So when she said everything white I was highly concerned including her bathroom. She’s moving on up to the original master bedroom as part of this remodel so she’s getting her own bathroom. However, I then remembered what she had recently done in her bedroom. When she began wearing sports bras, she hated the pads they came with and she painted them all rainbow colors and stuck them all over her wall in a wall art commentary. She used to want to be an artist so then I thought to ask. Do you want white walls because they are your canvas for a new project? And she said “Duh!” She’s been asking for Gatorade simply for the bottles so I’m curious to see what magic she creates. Watching your kids grow up and express themselves artistically is really fun and since it can always be fixed…have at it…is my motto. I’m the opposite of the moms getting mad at their kids for coloring on the walls…ha ha ha.

2 Likes

Just got my first dose!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:So organized! So proud of my state right now! Ready for my turn to give vaccines!!! Hard to make it work as a single working parent when we are not supposed to mix households!!! This will motivate me to try harder to find a time to volunteer…being a tween she does sleep until 10…maybe an early morning spot

12 Likes

I’ll admit to bringing my epipen (multiple drug allergies) but it stayed in my pocket! They were well prepared though. Seems like the whole fire department is here!

6 Likes

A painting tangent! I learn much more than about Disney here. A paint edger!

DIY painting gives you more options for a fraction of the cost.

2 Likes

So you can spend more money going to Disney. So it all comes back around to Disney. Ha ha

2 Likes

We have a contractor we really like that has completely redone our bathrooms and an adjoining office - general work and tiling etc were all great. Painting: ugh.

I like to paint, kind of meditative and I like to play around with finishes - but I didn’t have time then to do it.
Our guy didn’t tape off anything; later on I was fuming. New bathroom tile all had overlapping paint on the edges. Plus I found out 6 months later when washing windows they only painted one side of the window dividers in our one bathroom window!

I ended up repainting everything, using the same techniques as your Dad. Takes less time to take things apart and/or tape them off than to go slow and steady enough to paint around them.

After I removed some skylights and re-roofed my house, we had him back to redo our cathedral kitchen ceiling - I told him to leave painting out of the estimate.

3 Likes

We just had the same thing happen with my son’s room.

On the plus side I made sure he did the work with me plus he listened to my painting advice without giving me any guff so I’m taking that as a win.

2 Likes