Covid vaccination

Here’s the UK’s. We’re about to start group 5. I’m group 9, due in May.

2 Likes

Good news…my parents both got assigned appointments through the county health department for Tuesday.

7 Likes

MN, MA and Iowa all have respectable looking cartoon people.

Why does the UK one have a picture of a healthcare worker clearly not having a clue why she’s there???

What’s she saying??

‘Where are all the vaccines?’
‘The needle will be this long.’
Or
‘Why are you asking me for a vaccine? I’m a hairdresser.’

13 Likes

They just opened up the eligibility in NY for comorbidities this morning and I was able to somehow score an appointment for Saturday. (Thanks Hypertension!)

The system has been a real mess, after many browser tabs and refreshing back in January we were able to get my 78 year old mother-in-law an appointment way out in April. We’ve been trying since then to get a closer appointment date - and the senior citizen graypevine keeps reporting through her new phone numbers to call and locations to try. (None panned out, I tend to think people are spreading rumors rather than reality.)

Today they seem to be trying to address the inability to even reach the reservation system by putting in a virtual queue. At 7AM today lots of “server not available” errors until both my wife and I were able to load the page with a 60 minute wait time. (So, I ran out for bagels.)

Today we were able to get my MIL an appointment for a week from Thursday - so crazily enough I will be vaccinated before her.

My 93yo Mom is in Miami with my sister - they haven’t been able to get anything for her down there. You’d think the states would have worked their way back from insuring the oldest people got shots, but nope.

3 Likes

:laughing: LOL :laughing:

2 Likes

I think hearting this post is totally unambiguous! Very happy to read this.

1 Like

Wow, all over the place! In case a few other data points from elsewhere do you any good, my in-laws in the UK (both over 80) are done. My mother in Canada (over 75) doesn’t expect it before the summer or fall, and DH in Bermuda has had his first, probably due to asthma risk he’s not in any other priority group. I’m hopeful for summer for myself but who knows? We have an October trip booked.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Yup - Louisiana here - my inlaws are both fully vaccinated (over 80) but DH and I have a bet on ($1) whether we’ll get our first shot before or after May 15. Waiting waiting waiting… we definitely won’t be traveling until we’re fully vaccinated and ideally our 6 yr old daughter too but I know that’s a long wait :frowning: but Disney will be one of the first places we go to when we’re all vaccinated up.

Due to the the winter storm here, my parents’ appointments have been moved from today to Friday. But still on!

2 Likes

We have done the same in that we cancelled all vacations until we got the vaccine. We now have 1 and get the 2nd in 3 weeks. In celebration we have booked a week for just DH and me in September to go to Disney and Universal. We had tickets already because we were supposed to go last August and our tickets expire late September. We will do a family trip in February 2022. Both son and daughter in law are health care workers so they have been vaccinated but they want to wait until more people get theirs before taking the kids.

5 Likes

13 Likes

This is way too accurate right now, I’m not sure if I should laugh or cry.

2 Likes

We are now in Stage 6, I had my first vaccination yesterday, I’m in the 16-65 at risk group.

1 Like

I live in Maine and work for a Mental Health center. We just had a clinic here last Friday, so I got my first Moderna dose. The second will be March 12th. We were considered in the 1a grouping for Maine. Maine is currently doing 1a and the first phase of 1b which is over 70. My MIL was also able to get her first dose at a clinic last Friday. Anyone over 70 had to do a phone registration and then wait for a call back for an appointment. It seems like it will be a very long time for those that do not fall into a priority grouping unfortunately.

16 - 65 must be a pretty big group! Even with the “at risk” modifier – still a LOT of people. Glad you were able to get your first vaccination.

1 Like

My dad in AZ was complaining about the roll-out there, but honestly, hearing updates here from around the country, I think they’re doing alright! He is 85 and had second dose on Monday 2/15. My step mother is 72 and had first dose on Thursday 2/11. I think AZ is vaccinating 65+ and maybe some at risk groups? Not sure. Just happy beyond belief that my dad has had his second dose!

1 Like

We are currently in Phase 1B, which includes all the groups below, but they open it up in stages so only the highlighted groups (including 65+) are available now. K-12 teachers and staff are on deck.

Here is the full chart:

1 Like

I think my dad was not happy that he was able to get his first dose on 1/18, but my step-mother was not because she wasn’t in the 75+ group. He said each county was doing their own thing and most counties at that time were allowing 65+, but Cochise and Pima were still at 75+. Just 6 weeks to go and they both should have full protection! That means maybe I can plan a visit. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

We just opened to over 65 and individuals with 2 or more comorbidities. That is about 1.1 residents. The state is getting an increase to about 128k vaccines a week?