Covid vaccination

For me that would mean 5-7am. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: : Congrats to your SIL though!

Prime time! :joy:

1 Like

I’m still super pissed about this. I called my DR last week and he was refused the ability to do vaccinations, despite spending all that money to upgrade his office to be able to house the equipment.

“If he can’t vaccinate everyone, he can’t vaccinate anyone”. Is what our states health department told him. My DR can’t even write a note explaining that my DH is high risk. The sites won’t accept it and the state told him not to even try.

Are your states doing some tiers at certain places and others elsewhere? Like there’s one site for first responders and front-line, another for 65+, and a third for I’m guessing the school officials/teachers.

But I don’t see one for all of the above.

I hadn’t heard this yet! Hurray that things are moving along!

1 Like

We have 10 RNs in our district willing to do clinics and we were told no too.

1 Like

:frowning: The :57 gets me plus the middle of the night! It is because there is not enough staffing or vaccination sites?

1 Like

Can’t :heart:. :cry: so sorry!

1 Like

I’m sorry. It has to feel just as horrible wanting to help and not being able to.

1 Like

In my state, (NJ) the megasites vaccinate anyone who qualifies in any tier.
There are some smaller sites run by county or town boards of health and most vaccinate any qualifying person, but a couple are specifically for first responders, or seniors.

1 Like

Thank you. I thought it was odd, but I didn’t have any comparisons. Nothing I can do either way, I get it, but I’m just trying to understand it like everyone else.

No but our medical groups can give shots in their lobbies/ballrooms, etc. At the mass vaccination sites, you line up based on insurance. But there is not enough vaccines to keep all the vaccination sites open.

3 Likes

Every state’s vaccine roll out has its pros & cons. I think everyone has experienced frustration. Or still experiencing some. I’m taking a breath. I feel like there’s some more hope with that announcement.

3 Likes

These state-run mass POD sites can run 24/7. She’s likely scheduled for State Farm Stadium, where they do 9,000 per day - they run 10 lanes, with cars moving along after each other throughout the process (you stay in the car). Our appointments were for times like 6:48pm and 6:51pm for our first, 1:18pm for our second.

The many smaller sites are under the counties, and each site depends on the business hours of the clinic, hospital, pharmacy, etc.

2 Likes

Thank you for clearing the cobwebs! A vaccine is so challenging to get, I’ll take anytime! Alas, I don’t qualify…

2 Likes

It is a 24 hour operation. Not sure it’s at State Farm STadium but likely it is.

1 Like

In MD, the mass vax sites are also for all who qualify in the current tier plus prior tiers. The local health departments can be choosier, like only 65 and up. It seems that places like CVS and Walgreens are somewhere in between.
ETA: no ride along vax at the big sites, you must have an appointment and a QR code. Some pharmacies have lists of people to call if they have extras.

2 Likes

Good news, my sister was able to get my Dad an appointment finally!!

8 Likes

Doing my part! Took a part time job vaccinating and volunteered for our local medical reserve Corp on top of my regular job. I will vaccinate until I can’t stand up any longer. I’m hoping to be able to work 6-7 days per week between all my jobs to help!

18 Likes

Wow. Please remember to take care of yourself as well. And thank you for helping out in this crazy, unsure time.

5 Likes

Thank you for your concern :slight_smile: I am totally willing to make some sacrifices for the next several months to get this done. Also I kind of can’t wait to tell my kids when they get older that I got to help!

12 Likes