Couples trip help - What to do?

A friend of mine did the tour recently and they had Pecos Bills for lunch :wink:

2 Likes

More help plz! Which plan do you like? A or B

A. HS with hop to AK til 915 dinner at Jiko

• 7a book midday LL for rotr, mmrr, late FOP
  • 10-11ish Head to HS for ROTR/MMRR
  • 1030 book TSM LL
  • See Muppets, Walt Disney Presents (new to me), explore Batuu
  • 1230 book ToT or KS LL
  • Food at Baseline & Ronto Roasters
  • 2p-ish Hop to AK
  • Get on Nomad walkup list
  • 230 or 330 FFF
  • KS, FOP, GF, MJT, Discovery Trails
  • Nomad until we can no longer nomad (park AND lounge close is 830) with a walk through Mo’ara at night
  • bus to AK for 915 Jiko, hoping they can seat us sooner

I like this plan because we get to see Moara at night, AK at night is magical in general, and AKL dinner is so close. I DON’T like this plan because I’m less likely to get the LL times we want AND because the food at HS sucks. I have no interest in a Ronto but DH might. The pretzel looks awesome but that charcuterie is phoned in for sure.

B. AK with hop to HS til 915 dinner at Jiko

• 7a book evening ROTR, early FOP, evening MMRR
  • 930a book MFSR or ToT evening
    -10-11 head to AK, RD Nomad
  • 1130a book KS if available, if not, I’ll do it in April and DH doesn’t care either way
  • FOP, GF, MJT, Discovery Trails
  • 130 FFF, book TSM
  • head back to BCV for a break
  • 5p walk to HS
  • Hopefully will have stacked MMRR, TSM, MFSR/ToT, ROTR, ride those
  • Baseline if time
  • bus to AKL for 915 Jiko

I like this plan because we can stack LLs at HS, and we don’t need them at AK. We can also RD nomad and actually get in vs. the “walk up wait list is full” over and over again and hoping to get lucky. And we can take a brief break, even though we’re not doing hardcore touring and will be doing a lot of sitting and drinking (for DH). I DON’T like this plan because going from AK to HS area back to AK area is a waste of time/$/energy AND because we don’t get to see Moara at night.

WWYD?

Also interested in your fave boozy beverages everywhere in the World. I know where to find the good mocktails but otherwise IDK. DH loves a good bourbon. We have an absurd collection.

1 Like

AK to HS is definitely the best plan for stacking LLs. I personally will never waste a morning at HS bc after that first hourish the wait times are long and ll availability is sparse. Plus I just think AK is a daytime park and Moara isn’t that exceptional at night, especially not to warrant a frustrating morning in HS with poor food choices.

2 Likes

Problem with plan B is that you are booking your first LL at HS and won’t be eligible for second LL until 10:30am (since you’re looking for a late MMRR).

Mmrr would be my first LL in plan b

1 Like

HS opens at 8:30 so next LL booking window is 10:30 not 9:30. Did opening hours change? Disney website is showing 8:30…

1 Like

I like Plan A better for overall flow but I do think it will be difficult to get in all you want ride wise in HS that way since you won’t be RDing. I mean…maybe now that I’m looking at it. I bet it’ll be pretty easy to do Rise, MMRR, and EITHER TSM or ToT…but maybe tricky to get both of those in. I would maybe try and book ToT at 10:30 over TSM given LL availability.

For Nomad, when I was there in February the walk up wait list kept showing full on MDE but when I walked up the hostess was able to put me down for it anyway.

1 Like

Oh yes, i see what you mean now. Yes, 1030. Which means fewer to stack. But i would still book mmrr at 7.

1 Like

Unless you changed your first LL to an AK attraction and went for MMRR at 9:30…

The only thing we would LL at ak is KS w everest closed. And DH says MMRR >> KS (i disagree but he goes less often than i do lol). Hmmmm this is a tough one!!!

1 Like

Maybe
7am KS
9:30 MMRR
12:02 (drop) MFSR
2 TSM
4pm ToT, if available

1 Like

I think the 2nd is based off the park open time for LL1 so wouldn’t that actually be 10 with an 8am open?

Park open is 8:30.

But what time does AK open? I thought whatever park your first LL was for was the park that set the 2 hours. So if LL1 was KS it should be 2 hours after AK opens for LL2 even though it’s for a HS attraction. Unless I am completely wrong here.

1 Like

Nope, your right. AK opens earlier so 9:30 would be the opportunity for second LL if first LL is booked at AK.

1 Like

Even better!

1 Like

Right! So if park hopping is an option, always book your first LL at the earliest opening park to maximize LLs (whether it’s your park res or hop to park doesn’t matter). The only time I would say not to is if it’s for a ride that sells out within the first couple hours and doesn’t have more reliable than not drops to pick up later.

2 Likes

Yall, i need more thoughts! Im still torn on a vs b and we leave tmw! Halp!

1 Like

B. Stacking LLs for HS evening where they are more needed (and more is open later).

1 Like

Definitely AK > HS > Jiko. HS wait times are just awful starting very early in the day. Best to stack LL there and enjoy AK at your leisure bc there is so much more to do there without lines or need for LL.

3 Likes