Couples trip help - What to do?

Dolphin was SERIOUSLY dated (but keep them in mind for a dinner spot…Shula’s was top 2 for me).

2 Likes

I have a friend who says there’s nothing even remotely close to 4S orlando anywhere else at WDW. But same problem as Waldorf. There are 4S in lots of other places

2 Likes

Of the 3 you asked about… I love WL!

Have you thought about AKL?
Since you are doing dinner at Jiko (Great choice!) and going to AK, it wouldn’t be out of the way.

3 Likes

I keep looking at the photos. Out of my budget for now. But one day. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes but we have stayed at jambo dvc before so I was hoping to show him somewhere new. It’s downright gorgeous tho

2 Likes

I only know two people who have it in the budget and one has a plane and one has a yacht, so… lol

2 Likes

Welp, you guys have convinced me it’s BC/BCV or bust. So I’ve snagged two confirmed reservations for BCV studios, now just need to find the third night and then beg hard for front desk to let us stay in same room. There aren’t categories for BCV studios tho (no lake view vs standard view etc) so I’m hopeful

3 Likes

I think you’ll be happy with BC/BCV!

We enjoyed BC this last trip and already booked BCV for December!

1 Like

You guys were so helpful in me getting a hotel narrowed down (we currently have 3 separate bcv reservations for our 3n stay haaaaa), i thought yall might be able to help me figure out whether to buy two or 3 day tix.

Arrive 11p 3/25, check in at bcv.
3/26 - wake up whenever, eat and drink our way around ws. I do have a 1220 at le cellier, which ive been dying to try, in case the booths dont do it for us. DH loves a good steak.
I also want to take him to club cool and maybe la cava. Anything else on the must do?
Then hop over to the Best Park for a safari, FFF, FOP. Then whatever we are feeling… WE? Maharajah? Animation experience? More booze?
We have a 915 jiko res which is way late but i havent had luck w a 730ish yet.
(The big question this day is wherher to buy g+ just for the safari. Im gonna try to figure out a way not to do this without having to plan the entire day around not being in line 90m for it)

3/27 - keys to the kingdom tour. Has anyone here done it? Im honestly really psyched for it. JC and HM are included rides but the rest is behind the scenes stuff.
That ends at 130, at which point we will mono to poly to put our names down at trader sams, which opens at 3. We will get a dole whip or tambu while we wait, or if we have a really long time (you can put your name down starting at 2 but doesnt open til 3), would you suggest enchanted rose or maybe outer rim?
Then bar hop from sams to abracadabar (if we are up to it) or back to hotel to rest before 9p bull & bear res

3/28 - i havent a clue. Our flight departs at 650p. If we did a ticket, we would prob do HS (rotr, tsm, mmrr, mfsr) and maybe a late lunch in ws before pick up.

But we could also save the park money (just his ticket cost but still a couple hundred bucks) and do a late a&c breakfast, pool time or mini golf, maybe a trip over to geyser point? Or keep our le cellier res and use this day to do the other half of ws?

Other ideas?

1 Like

Is this hotel arrival time or landing time? This matters.

I say no. If it’s a 90 min wait enjoy drinks at Dawa instead since you’re down that way.

Have they shortened it or is my mathing wrong? 1:30 seems early!

If Enchanted Rose is open I’d do that. Outer Rim has great drinks but crappy ambience.

I would DS, but that has become my favorite way to spend departure day - no rush to get there and manage packing and stuff, leisurely and no schedule. Also, “free”.

I like your Geyser Point idea too

1 Like

Thats our flight arrival time. We plan to uber.

Its a 5 hr tour. Which seems like a steal at $115pp? Esp since you get 2 g+ rides. But it’s prob not terribly popular, that’s a lot of park time for 2 attractions.

I would definitely DS but DH hates shopping. Though maybe Jock Lindsay’s and the cigar bar??

I thought KTTK was the 8 hour day. But 5hrs at $115 isn’t bad; I did Marceline to Magic Kingdom (or is it Main Street?), a 3hr tour (3 hour tour :musical_note: ) for IIRC $89

If DH hates shopping then I guess DS would be a waste. I don’t like shopping either, really, but DS feels different to me somehow. I like the Geyser Point and mini golf plan instead

I didn’t see Nomad lounge or Jellyrolls on the itinerary, I’d highly recommend both!

You used to be able to make your own sangria at a resort - Coronado Springs I think?

2 Likes

Nomad is implied :wink:

3 Likes

I’d check to see if the La Cava Experience has any openings… even if you don’t feel like you’re big “tequila people” it was an amazing experience and really added to our appreciation! And it’s a great couples experience!

2 Likes

Yup

I did KTTK tour in 2016. It was about 5 hours long and included lunch. At the time, we ate at the Tomorrowland Terrace as a private event (t wasn’t operating as a daily restaurant that week). When we checked in for the tour in the morning, we made our lunch selection, I think I had a Caesar salad with chicken. I don’t know what they currently do for lunch. We each had a receiver and earpiece so we could easily hear our tour guide even if he was walking 20 feet ahead of us. We did the same rides, JC and HM. Your JC ride won’t be like a normal one. The big difference for JC was we were in our own boat and our tour guide was our skipper (he’d worked as one). As we went along, he did tell some jokes, but most of the time he was telling about the ride and its history, pointing out various things that were significant for one reason or another in terms of where it came from or how they did the effect. For HM, I think he’d told us a lot of information about HM before bringing us in through the exit that looks like you walk past the kitchen/staff areas of a mansion, to where we then joined the normal queue to get on the doom buggies. As you ride HM, you’ll have a new appreciation for the experience. i especially enjoyed going through the utilidors - such an off-limits to normal guests area.

Every tour guide gives the KTTK tour their own spin, as they tell you stories and information. Your tour may be different than mine, but it will still be a great experience. Have fun!! You’re right to be excited!

3 Likes

What the heck is the 8hr one I’m thinking of?!

1 Like

Maybe the 50th Anniversary VIP Tour? It can be 8 hours long.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/50th-anniversary-vip-tour/

Backstage Magic Tour is 7 hours.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/backstage-magic/

Backstage Magic I think

1 Like