Could be a good “sign!”

Tonight’s Disneyland Food = Ronto Wrap! I still haven’t been to SW:GE, so I have no basis for comparison. I didn’t really “make” much. I went to my local deli & got quality pork / sausage / slaw. I did find the official white sauce recipe, but it wasn’t as creamy as promised. Overall, it was delicious and made me want to try a real one ASAP!

Now, we are about to eat the apples we made last night!

9 Likes

My mouth is watering. I have been to DLR SWGE, but have not eaten there yet. This has inspired me to go ASAP.

3 Likes

We had a wrap at Ronto’s on our first SWGE visit in August 2019. DD17 (16 at the time) and I shared it. We sat at one of the little tables on the edge of the circle that look out on the land. These are primo tables if you can get them! It was amazing … the ambience,the view, feeling like we were on a different planet. The wrap was good too, but honestly took a back seat. We haven’t had one since, because then DD17 discovered the cold noodles with shrimp that you can get at Docking Bay 7. :joy:

4 Likes

idk why, but today was the day me “not being there” really set in. Plus, me choosing to wait another 430+ days to go kinda had me bummed out. On the plus side, I’m hoping that will give Disney & the world enough time to get back in full swing!

I wish TP hadn’t deleted all my plans just because the park is closed. I would have liked to look at them to see what I’d be doing at various times today / this week.

5 Likes

Is it 430 days until Disneyland or until Disney World? I’m hoping it’s DLR and you have a WDW trip in between to look forward to!

So… I was planning on WDW next December (2021) for a 2 week solo trip for the 50th. However, I think I’m going to push that back to 2022 and move my DLR trip to that time. (this is all tentative as the world is so complicated these days!!)

I want to give WDW time to finish all the construction / rides that are now delayed. (Tron / GotG / Ratatouille / Space 220 / new shows / parties)

Most of my plans really come down to the parks operating “normally”. As I’m sure you’ve seen me rant about in posts, I feel safe going to WDW. However, I want preshows, EMM, fireworks, DAH, characters, all the food options & etc…

My tentative plan is to get a Universal AP & go there 4 - 5 times to tide me over. (since Universal is basically operating at 90% in the parks) That may be sometime in 2021 before Dec or between the two Disney trips. That really will depends on COVID though because I’d be going there solo too and my DW is still hesitant about anyone traveling. Since she’s cool with me doing all this solo I want to respect her concerns about that.

3 Likes

I don’t know it kind of bummed me out to get reminders from our supposed to be Disneyland Paris (first visit there) trip this month. I kept getting flight reminders and dinner cruise reminders from my phone and emails from Disney reminding of the trip with empty canceled out reservations. Every time it made my tummy do the drop thing but not in the fun kind of roller coaster way.

3 Likes

Not enough data for CA to let theme parks reopen :rage::rage::rage:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-09-22/disneyland-urges-reopening-suggests-covid-measures%3F_amp=true

2 Likes

I completely understand this! Our family was supposed to be doing our first trip to Disneyland next year (I went when I was much younger, but no one else in my family has), but I suspect we may put it off for the same reason. I want the kids’ and DH’s first experience at Disneyland to be everything, not a limited selection.

2 Likes

Was going through old pics and found our one visit to Ronto Roasters!

5 Likes

Last night was Churros! IME – These are deceptively difficult to make. It all comes down to the ratio of shell / crust to filling. There isn’t a consensus online about which pastry tip to use to produce a nice cooked interior with a crunchy shell. We tried about 4 different sizes. We got the best results with ones that produced “churro fries” rather than the bigger ones pictured. I think, going forward, I’m going to leave this to the experts!

5 Likes

Great effort! If you have a smart and final around you, they carry the same brand of frozen churros used in the park. DS16 is obsessed with DLR churros (and the Turkey legs, see attached photo) and must have one each day we are in the park. I am going to get him a box of the churros for his birthday.29DFA3EA-0B69-4BDE-AEAD-B612E91EF8C4

5 Likes

Sorry for the side ways pic…

1 Like

That looks great, but I am going to say @darkmite2‘s looks even better!

2 Likes

The night I ate the homemade Ronto Wrap, I realized I has taken a full .75 pound pork loin chop and flattened it out. Then combined it with a half pound sausage and massive about of slaw. I basically ate two full meals in one sandwich! I was so full / bloated that night! It didn’t help that I, also, devoured that whole caramel apple that same night!

I’m a turkey leg guy too!! I debated putting one on this week’s menu, but wouldn’t have time to properly smoke one during the week.

2 Likes

Wow! I don’t think the one we had in DL was that big! But we did share it. :slight_smile:

What’s next!

2 Likes

Tonight is Corn Dogs. I couldn’t find an “official” Disneyland recipe. I using Alton Brown’s, from The Food Network, recipe. (I’m a big fan of his. I learned to cook by watching his “Good Eats” show. I own and have read, cover-to-cover, every one of his cookbooks)

I’ve been wanting to make this for sometime anyway, so this gives me a perfect excuse!

5 Likes

We’ve tried making churros, including frozen, and they never quite turn out like the ones at Disneyland. So I too have decided that when I have a hankering, the only thing to do is book a trip! :joy:

5 Likes

P.S. Looks like I will be getting an email today. :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

So sorry!!! I empathize… I’m trying to rationalize the idea that if I wait until next December that I could justify saving up more & staying at The Disneyland Hotel. However, even as nice as it looks, it would be almost $4,000 just for the hotel. I just can’t justify it, but it would be a dream place to stay. (I could book 2 full DLR trips staying at Good Neighbor Hotels just for that price alone!)

2 Likes