Could be a good “sign!”

Thanks! I’m really glad everyone wants to see it!

2 Likes

See it?!?! I thought this was the queue to put our orders in???

5 Likes

Micechat has it on good word that we should receive details “early this week:”

Since then, we have received word from reliable sources that an agreement has been reached between theme park operators and the state. The state should be set to release guidance early this week. We expect Disney to act swiftly and there are many indications that they are already ramping up their reopening procedures.

:crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I wonder if there is any hope they will open next Tuesday!

2 Likes

What’s the significance of next Tuesday?

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s in reference of the rumored Sept. 28th / 29th reopening date.

IMHO - CMs would already be getting their call back letters with updated training schedules, so probably not next week. Plus, there’s the rumor about them shooting a reopening commercial either today or next Monday. (I can’t remember the date, but saw a shoot was scheduled for an upcoming Monday.)

2 Likes

I saw the rumor and it was supposed to be today. Well see!

2 Likes

I’m enjoying your food “trip.” Eating is one of my favorite parts of any trip :smiley:

2 Likes

Selfish reason…:wink:

I have a free day in Orange County next Tuesday that can be filled with a trip to Disneyland!

5 Likes

I want you to go for all of us.

4 Likes

Hey! So tonight was Minnie Caramel Apples! My daughter has been looking forward to this for a long time. (We had planned on waiting until Halloween. We’ll still do some more then, but other “spooky” apple designs)

First, I’m so glad I’ve lost all my “dad bod” weight! We had so much extra chocolate & caramel! (I haven’t even touched the final apple! I guess I’ll eat it tomorrow if I ever come down from this sugar high!) I am still buzzing on a sugar rush and have a tummy ache!

We were dipping everything in the house in the excess and even made chocolate and caramel covered rice crispy treats while waiting on the chocolate to set!

Second, Disney gets to “cheat” by having a giant tub filled with chocolate that’s always at the perfect temperature. We used a couple pounds of chocolate in in reasonable sized double boilers and still struggled to fully immerse the apples & get coverage. The marshmallow ears also don’t stick as easy as Disney suggests - we saw them sliding down & quickly pinned them in place. (It was a blast though!)

Luckily, my daughter likes making candy & had extra molds left over from her Sweet 16th Harry Potter Birthday. We poured the excess into molds of Chocolate Frogs / Lightning Bolts / Fizzing Whizbees so we can remelt them for later projects (and eat a couple!)

8 Likes

I get one of those Minnie apples every time. It’s my thing. Please mail me one! It looks so good!

1 Like

Thanks! I really appreciate it as I know the milk chocolate came out a bit sloppier than I hoped. (When you aren’t melting a 5 gallon bucket’s worth at once for an easy dip, it’s fussy to get that even coverage!)

It’s one of those treats I always “intend” to get when in the parks, but never have! Now that I have the supplies - bowls, bow molds and plenty of extra sanding sugar / chocolate these won’t be the last we ever make.

As part of my “good” eating habits / workout over the last 3 - 4 months I really haven’t touched sugar. I’m starting to come down… my eyes are aching and and my head is spinning! Hopefully, I’ll be able to sleep here in an hour or so!!

2 Likes

Those apples always look so good to me but I hate the idea of biting into one. But once we stayed in a condo with little kitchen and brought one back and found that if you have a knife to cut it, they are divine! Your’s looks amazing and delicious.

4 Likes

Those apples look amazing! One of my favorite treats at the parks.

1 Like

I do have an apple corer. I may need to detach the ears and use that.

I have the same thought about losing a tooth in a caramel apple! The other problem is that they seem so huge! I probably would be happy with a quarter apple.

3 Likes

They are perfect for sharing!

2 Likes

Cute! I have always drooled over such adorable treats but they look messy to eat on the go. I’m with @Julianne_fki, I would need a knife and maybe a fork; and a couple of mouths to share with me. Right now, my mouth is watering!

They used to have such a confectionary in Downtown Disney. If it is still there, I will buy one from there next week to enjoy! :yum: Oh, and I want to have one of those shakes at Black Tap. Of course, I haven’t lost the needed weight like you to enjoy all that sugar!

Keep making the Disney treats at home!

5 Likes

I am madly in love with these treats and am wondering if you and your family happen to be looking for a roommate… :slight_smile:

2 Likes