Could be a good “sign!”

Completely reasonable.

4 Likes

Tragic! :frowning_face:

2 Likes

I am so sorry @Jeff_AZ. I was really hoping we would hear something (good) by now. They are opening up a lot more here in central CA. Hair and nails are all open up and can operate indoors. Our school district has qualified to submit a waiver For K-6 to return to in person (a modified schedule).

3 Likes

I’ll just push it back a month or so and cross my fingers for an announcement soon!

3 Likes

I am saving 5 vacation days that are use or lose by the end of the year for DL. I have an embarrassing amount of paid leave since I’ve been with the city for so long. Usually I don’t have a problem using the time, but this year is a different story!

4 Likes

DLR Food Night #5 - Corn Dogs… These turned out great! I got good franks from my local deli / meat market and followed the Alton Brown recipe - it’s basically a jalapeno cornbread batter.

(These were a couple of the first I made when I was figuring out the cook time of “between 3 - 5 minutes.” We were so hungry I almost forgot to take a photo. So the more “golden brown” were long gone!)

6 Likes

Do you have a fryer or did you fry in a pan? They look great! I tend to like things crunchy anyway.

1 Like

I’m missing those corn dogs!!! :drooling_face:

1 Like

I have a deep cast iron dutch oven. I inherited all my great grandmothers cast iron cookware. It’s all about 100 years old!

4 Likes

I inherited my great grandmothers copper bottom reverewer (sp?) it’s still in pristine condition we use it all the time it holds up I love it. But we’re considering buying aN induction cooktop that uses magnets and I will not be able to use them anymore

2 Likes

Good to know. DH is big on his cast iron collection. We recently got an enameled cast iron Dutch oven specifically for a bread recipe I want to try when it gets colder, but now I have another use too!

1 Like

ours too!! you wouldn’t happen to be Central Unified School district would you?

1 Like

No, Golden Valley, but we tend to run pretty similar to Central. My husband works in Central’s district, so we are VERY familiar with it and almost moved there.

1 Like

So @darkmite2, It just occurred to me that we were supposed to be in DLR this week as well. Today in fact! We were going to go to the new DCA Halloween bash for the first time (we didn’t make it last year) for DH and my 20th anniversary (which actually is in two weeks, but due to gay days/fall, crowds tend to be much larger on our actual anniversary weekend and DS15 is in wrestling and practices usually start in full force in October, we were going to opt to celebrate early). Based on last years calendar, we were going to head over today and attend the Party tonight. For our 20th anniversary, we would have stayed at the GCH (obviously). We actually prefer DLH, but with the party being at DCA, I would have to insist on GCH. This way when my family pooped out on me (they always do!), they are right there and can head to the hotel room and I can follow at my leisure.

Tomorrow morning we would be up and at it for EMH at DCA. We would complete “the Gabe 2.0” (If you are not familiar, "the Gabe 2.0” is- TSM x 2 to IC x2 to Gotg x 2 and RSR MP. While waiting for RSR MP, do Soarin and GRR). It was a toss up whether we would have our usual breakfast at Flo’s V-8 cafe or brunch at Story Tellers Cafe. There would be a mid-day break to make up for the late night and early morning. We would return and hopefully get MP for GotG Monsters after Dark and a Night ride on RSR. We were going to have our anniversary dinner at Carathy Circle, a first for us. We would finish the night with WoC dessert party.

Saturday morning would have been EMH at DL. We would have taken Fantasyland by storm, maybe even taken part in the PP dash if we were feeling brave. Once FL was complete we would take our chances with the “Batterhorn” then off to triumph with Buzz. DS16 and I would hit up Space mountain before heading to NOS for Mickey beignets for breakfast. I am the only one who has been to SWGE, so we were going to take our time going through. Fingers crossed, we would have gotten a BG for RotR. Lunch would be a snack on the run as we go from MP to MP. DH and I were Finally going to go see Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. I have not stated it, but is is always implied, DS16 will get his daily churro. Dinner would have been at Plaza for fried chicken. Hopefully the fireworks would have been going and that would have finished off our trip.

Sunday we would have slept in, then packed up and headed to find breakfast before heading home. It would have been a great trip to celebrate our 20th…

*a little context: as a spur of the moment decision, we spent our honeymoon in DLR. They were still building DCA at the time. DH and I couldn’t make out what the heck the rock was. Now we obviously see the bear, but at the time we thought it was a weird looking wolf :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I went to Disneyland a couple of times during construction and I thought it was a wolf too! I still sometimes forget it is a bear because my memory still associates it with my first impression.

Thanks for taking us along for your virtual anniversary trip report! I hope next year you are doing it for real!!!

4 Likes

I am so glad it wasn’t just us!

1 Like

Awww… we could’ve crossed paths! Today, (Friday), would be last last full day in the parks. I was going to do a quick hour or so at DCA and then all day DL. (Trying to get a RotR BG first - of course! That was my plan for each day before following my TP)

Today would have been less “E tickets” and more like bucket list attractions like - Mark Twain Riverboat / Saliing Ship Columbia, Main Street Vehicles, Great Moments w/ Mr. Lincoln, Mickey & the Magical Map and repeat rides.

I can’t quite remember the dining for each day, but I definitely had all the “big” places on my list (except Blue Bayou - Not enough there for DW & I just wanted a Monte Cristo - I planned on Cafe Orleans for that)

I’m still a bit frustrated that TP deleted all my plans for this week! I get the parks are closed, but that was hours of work gone! (Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE making TPs so I’ll have fun doing it again. However, I wanted to see what I would have been doing each day)

I still wish I could justify paying double the entire cost of my trip to stay at DLH. Almost $4,000 for the hotel alone. I could do two full 5 day DLR trips at that price. (I have the funds, I just can’t feel good spending it that way. I’d rather do more.)

4 Likes

That would have been awesome! We could have had a liner meet. Maybe next time.

I totally get it about the hotel. I spoiled DH by staying on property for our first visit and he now refuses to stay anywhere else. DH hates to travel, so I do whatever I have to to get him onboard. Also, it is much easier to pull the trigger for 2-3 nights verses 4-5. When I go with my friends, we stay off property.

2 Likes

Are you sure they are deleted? I still have my TPs from last Christmas, and also from July. I hope they show back up.

2 Likes

It’s funny. I was curious about my plans, and so I went to look. Sure enough, they were all missing! Gone! Completely.

But then I remembered. I DELETED THEM myself because I determined they weren’t useful for me any longer. :laughing: :crazy_face: :smiley:

2 Likes