Coronado Resort Trip, The Year of Our Mouse, 2021

Same

3 Likes

The masterful packing job that is our car.

MAJOR slow down on I-95 in MD.
Lunch stop.

24 Likes

:wave: waves to you from exit 7 on the NJ Turnpike!!

7 Likes

Why the blue band thing?

1 Like

That stretch is rough. On the few occasions we’ve driven to Disney, we leave in the middle of the night to get through Baltimore and DC before it gets crazy.

2 Likes

My guess would be so stuff doesn’t fall out when you open the back. (might just be the way I slap things in there when I pack, though DD tells me my refrigerator Tetris game is strong, so…)

7 Likes

I strap the suitcases in to at least try to keep them in place in case of an accident. Want to minimize the projectiles. (Can you tell part of my day job is vulnerability assessments?)

21 Likes

I’ve had suitcases fall out of the back as soon as I opened it. Never thought of strapping it in. Nice!

2 Likes

We did really well through those metro areas, it was about 5 minutes south it started, but luckily we were on the express lanes for 20 miles after that so we bypassed a good bit of it.

(Son is driving now…)

5 Likes

That’s actually pretty genius to use the straps in the back of the car. I have no idea why that we’ve never thought to use those before with all the junk my family and I haul all over the place. Many times someone is knelt down waiting for stuff to fall out when the trunk opens.

4 Likes

They sell nets you can drape over too and connect the corners to the car anchors, but I don’t think they’d hold up to real stress and shifting of stuff like multiple straps.

4 Likes

I drive a projectile nightmare.

4 Likes

when you get to the I-295 option to bypass Richmond take it. It may look a little longer but much better to avoid the urban traffic and almost always faster.

but/and watch your speed — lots of speed traps in that stretch

7 Likes

Yes we always took the Richmond bypass also.

1 Like

Stopover in Florence last night, Bestern Western Inn was passable but think the non-smoking rooms are often smoked in.

Apparently the chain has splintered into
Best Western
Best Western Inn
Best Western Plus
which I assume will be followed by
Best Western Platinum
Best Western Titanium Gold and
Best Western Secret Ninja

Gave desk person my Mandalorian themed Disney Visa card to pay and she immediately swooned and started a 15 minute diatribe on how MUCH she LOVES THE CHILD and then showed me, no joke, photos of the dozen child plushes she owns, each named something like Teedles or Splinters and the hundreds of selfies she has taken off the two of them at various locations in Orlando.

It is nice to make friends.

Anyway, 6am hitting the road.

40 Likes

Hilarious :joy:

1 Like

Amazing

2 Likes

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SECRET!!!

Who blabbed?

Whatever, I still want a free breakfast.

10 Likes

We got to pass three of my favorite place names today:
HARdeeville which of course I have to say several times in a pirate voice each time we passed a sign.

Also, Yemmasee and Coosawatchie which when strung together as Yemmasee Coosawatchie and spoken to Dora Jean at the Cracker Barrel can get you in a lot of trouble I can tell you.

25 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like