Coronado Resort Trip, The Year of Our Mouse, 2021

Cracker Barrel is a common stop for us, since we don’t have any close to home. I’ll be careful what I say to the ladies there!

3 Likes

We have one 15min away. Ds likes it because we can all get dinner and he gets pancakes. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Same for my DD :roll_eyes: DH wants her to try new foods. He didn’t specify enough and now she keeps trying new desserts and claiming she’s doing what he asked. To be 12 again, sigh.

5 Likes

Having made several trips to visit my family in Miami, I can say without hesitation that the drivers down here are among the worst I have ever encountered. And I have done a lot of driving on Long Island, Manhattan, and Brooklyn. They have NO consideration for humanity. We saw THREE separate serious pileups in the last HOUR.

12 Likes

Not to mention the racers. 100mph is too common :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Anyway, the Intercontinental Hotel here is beautiful. I booked the government rate, $115 for a 4-star hotel.

We usually have stayed in the Hampton Inn down the road a bit. Last time was $83 there. This time: $145!

Plus it is half the distance to my sister’s house.

26 Likes

My family gets tired of my saying Coosawatchie for at least 20 minutes every time we drive by the signs. I try to do my best Will Ferrell/Buddy The Elf impersonation (Francisco) when I do.

9 Likes

Great looking hotel!

2 Likes

Yes to this.

2 Likes

30 Likes

Beautiful hotel.
That sign. :laughing:

4 Likes

For our drive (from Washington to DLR), it’s Yolo County. The signs are everywhere and we always crack ourselves up with the YOLO jokes. :rofl:

9 Likes

Great family picture!

4 Likes

Make that 4 separate pileups, someone jumped an island in the middle of the road and took out 2 of his tires.

3 Likes

Ok, you’re making me really nervous for our road trip next month :flushed::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

Trip down from NY was fine for us until that last section of I-95 in Miami.

We did get routed off of I-95 once in NC due to an accident that happened well below us, but otherwise we had a nice boring drive.

Oh, except when a dude in a Maserati BLEW past all of us using the right lane and slaloming through in MD and 10 minutes later we passed him pulled over by an unmarked police car. That was awesome. :smiley:

18 Likes

It’s FL… defensive driving is required. There’s a lot of tourists but then the locals can be totally unsafe and crazy about speed. There are parts of the hwy that they are trying to crack down on drag racing.

3 Likes

One funny thing I just remembered: before we left I was looking through my dresser to see if I had any empty Disney GCs, thinking we could load some money on them to give to kids for spending money.
I found an envelope I completely forgot about containing the Disney Rewards card I got after cashing out my Visa last year before cancelling it.

Hello, $165.39! :slight_smile:

29 Likes

Wow and I thought the 405 was bad, CA driving is way out there, Moving from CA to WI, I laugh when people talk about traffic here…they have no idea.

6 Likes

Awesome that you made it to Miami! The Intercontinental looks really nice! Enjoy your family time!

2 Likes