Coronado Resort Trip, The Year of Our Mouse, 2021

Ok. It’s clearly preference. I don’t like driving North-South through central NY and PA. We try to always head west to Erie and then south through Butler and Pittsburgh. We prefer highways to county roads.

I haven’t ever drive East-West or vice versa through PA so I have no opinion there.

Your back way might be the key. :+1:

I think the trip to OBX one of the harder ones. Or I did from NY. The Delmarva peninsula and CBBT are beautiful, but the stop and go can take time.

I do enjoy road trips though.

3 Likes

This summer, we have been testing the kids out with short day trips, Philly & the DC area. About 2 hours one way. We have had no complaints from them. They seem to enjoy getting out after being stuck around the home area for so long. So here’s hoping we survive. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Have a wonderful visit with your mom! Can’t wait to hear about AK (and maybe BB?!)

2 Likes

PRE TRIP PRO TIP
(Say that 5 times fast.)

If ordering Magic Bands these days, do it well in advance.

We booked our Pop stay awhile back, but I didn’t order new bands Until I finally scored our CSR reservation - but still, I placed the order on July 8th for a July 29th check in.

Bands didn’t ship until the 13th, then the Post Office intermittently sat on them.

We’re leaving super early in the morning, but as of now they are listed as out for delivery, so looks like we might have lucked out! (Hope I didn’t jinx myself.)

I’ve also been waiting for a Sam’s Club Plus order for Nuun electrolyte powder. Ordered it way back, has been in “recently placed order” for more than a week, chat support kept saying it was waiting to be picked up - for 7 days!

Finally got a Fedex shipping notification 2 days ago, said it would be delivered today - then it sat in that location until today. So, guess I’ll be really hydrated after I get home.

(When Sam’s shipping works normally, it is great. When it doesn’t it is a pain and their support people are robots who have absolutely no useful info or get anything done.)

8 Likes

WoooooHOOooooooooo…

21 Likes

Yay! The ones we ordered for our April trip came after we had left home. We had a few nights at UOR ahead of our WDW stay. If the WDW had been first, they would have come on time. Oh well.

2 Likes

Post office is a complete mess.

At our company, we keep having to deal with giant batches of lost mail when our accounts payable sends checks out.

Right now the checks they sent out over 6 weeks ago are just getting cashed by our utilities and vendors - my calling Verizon etc to tell them the check is in the mail has become a full time job on top of my regular job!

10 Likes

My kids favorite thing about road trips? It’s ok to eat a giant slim jim at 8:30 am!

7 Likes

I quit opting for “free shipping” if it comes usps. I’d rather pay the $ to make sure it arrives in a timely manner.

Last summer I placed an order in July that didn’t arrive until almost October. :weary:

3 Likes

October? Yow!

I have learned my lesson for next year.
I do not think my family would have liked the gray bands of shame.

shame

14 Likes

Oh yeah. Those grey bands. Lol. But they did have different colors behind the front desk. My DS lost his every time he went swimming. It was pink, his request, and the front desk gave him a new pink one every time

7 Likes

My husband REQUESTED the gray band. That’s all I’ll say about that! LOL

9 Likes

I have a gray band that I requests too. I wanted to complete all the colors.

4 Likes

Finally getting out of my office. Heading home to pack and calm down the hive.

20 Likes

My husband also requests gray every time. I looked back on MDE at our past bands - DH is almost always gray, DS is almost always blue, I’m blue or purple, and DD has had like four colors. She is very proud of herself for this!

6 Likes

I thought you were already there.

Damn my reading comprehension skills are crap.

6 Likes

I did too!

4 Likes

My husband requested gray too! He was very upset that we couldn’t preorder gray this time. He had to settle for black :joy:

4 Likes

New Jersey rest stop

17 Likes

Yay Jersey!!
Also, very eloquent for a rest stop.

6 Likes