Coronado Resort Trip, The Year of Our Mouse, 2021

That’s funny because I thought they were petunias

2 Likes

I don’t think these are the same flowers that @JJT posted. I am looking at the leaves and they are not the same type.

ETA: looks like they are Ruellia. The ones with skinny leaves are a specific type. Ruellia Malacosperma maybe?

3 Likes

Pretty garden! My favorite annuals are zinnias. They are prolific and would add some extra color in with your black eyed susans and echinacea.

3 Likes

Thanks all!

I’ve been trying various things, in other parts of this garden I’ve done vincas and some other test plants for 2 years now, but in this area need something that will match the height of the susans, coneflower and coreopsis. The few vincas I put next to these get overwhelmed on the non sun side.

I even thin and divide these susans every season, but I think they call in reinforcements at night
. :smiley:

4 Likes

There is a bunch of plumbago at WL walking out to GP too.

2 Likes

CSR pool, full capacity, snagged only 4 chairs, people just happened to leave. Happily under the tree!

26 Likes

Well since they are called wild petunias you were close.

2 Likes

Kind of chilly walking back from pool through GDT to El Centro walkway.

16 Likes

Lavender may work well with black eyed Susan’s.

2 Likes

Nice! I really love that pool. And the resort is gorgeous! Thanks to you I stayed there for one night last January. Hope to do so again!

2 Likes

If you get the chance try having dinner or drinks at 3 Bridges about 30 minutes before sunset with a table overlooking the water and the tower. Remarkable transformation.

4 Likes

So, Three Bridges at CSR: :100:

DS18 and I got poke bowls with salmon. Perfection. All of the flavors and textures completely on point.

Paired with a Funky Buddha beer, which was nice and light.

DW got a rare adult beverage, Freixenet white wine with peach liqueur and lemon.
Two thumbs up.

DD14 paired two appetizers. Loved the Pan con Tomate and house Guacamole and chips appetizers as her entree.

Churros dessert were also perfection - but watch out for the dipping chocolate if there are nut allergies in family.

We are always suspicious of chocolate when labeled safe on a menu, and when we had server double check, it was indeed made in a facility with equipment shared with nuts.

27 Likes

We’re here right now!

4 Likes

The last time I was at WDW (January 1994 :disappointed_relieved:), we arrived as a family at the YC after a week and a half stay in Myrtle Beach (we were Canadians, away for the holiday break). Bags for Disney (and the Big Red Boat) we packed but the stuff for Myrtle Beach part of the trip was just in laundry baskets…

Pulled up under portico at YC and two laundry baskets fell on the cast member that opened the hatch of our minivan. We are now (almost 30 years later) a “blue strap it down” family! LOL

Enjoying the trip report as I prepare for our much anticipated WDW trip with my family…

4 Likes

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

14 Likes

Where are you? Exactly. Looks like a great viewing area for evening show

1 Like

Checking out Dahlia Lounge at GDT.
Is a very cool view, but the angle makes the available good spots to view EP limited.

The outside area looks straight at HS, off to the right is AK with only EE visible, to the left that view of EP, but not much of the lake.

But, for men especially, add this to the “best views when you pee” locations.

(DW & DD report a big window in ladies room too, but I’m assuming not in the stalls.)

19 Likes

Over on chat there was some advice that if we wanted to park at WL to eat at Geyser Point, being on the wait-list might help make the security CM more amenable to letting us through.

But, you have to be on site at WL to join the list, so… As I sit in my room at CSR…

9 Likes

Can you get there in 5 minutes or is this a test?