Coronado Resort Trip, The Year of Our Mouse, 2021

Heat was actual pretty decent until around 11, then started kicking in.

Two EE rides now, about 24 minutes each. no one wants to wait 49 minutes for Kali but we wouldn’t mind a drench.

25 Likes

You are having the best day in my favorite place in the whole World and I am so happy over it!

9 Likes

Finally tried for Kali, estimated wait 40, got up to 2nd room before end and it stopped.

After a nice long wait, had to be 50 minutes I think, they shut it down. Then nothing moved for another 10 and people started making all sorts of stories up around us.

Finally got a FPP on way out, ran right over to EE and walked on.

Have to say that was my first Kali using standby queue and it was a freaking MESS of teens and 20-somethings walking past everyone waiting. Then at the end all of a sudden there was an influx of people in the previously empty FPP queue.

They need to make that whole queue thinner, it is easy too easy to just stroll past the line.

8 Likes

21 Likes

oh, so blissful

2 Likes

I agree, the Kali queue is terrible! So many line jumpers!

I am so sorry about your vehicle. How awful! I am glad you’ve been able to keep going, but ugh how frustrating to have that to deal with when you are on vacation!

4 Likes

Ha! True.

1 Like

Looks like you had a great day at AK. So sorry about your car. Hope you continue to have fun!

2 Likes

Quote of the day: as I walked past a nice family eating breakfast, very little girl said, in loud little girl voice “HAND SANITIZER SUCKS!”

19 Likes

(Did NOT buy the donut)

23 Likes

I asked this over on chat already, doubling up here just in case… (Can’t copy my own chat text so posting a screen cap of question target than retype.)

2 Likes

I don’t know if they are still limiting access, but since you are an onsite guest could you just park at HS and take the SL from there to AoA?

4 Likes

I agree w/ @LTinNC82 about parking at HS and jumping on the SL to AoA. You could MO a breakfast at AoA too to help w/ parking there. That coupled w/ being an on site guest should get you through security.

adding: preferred parking at HS is right next to SL entrance

1 Like

Ooh, I’m not feeling the giant HS parking lot walk.
But, good to have the option in my back pocket! Thanks!

I’m also constitutionally unable to pay for preferred parking. :smiley:

I’m thinking worst case, if I get push back at AoA, I can try CBR too. We liked lunch there and the chef gave us secret allergy friendly cupcakes last time, so kids might want to try that as well.

3 Likes

Since you have FREE parking as a resort guest you only pay the difference between basic and preferred. so. $20 M-R and $25 F-N

4 Likes

17 Likes

Anyone know what these bushy purple flowers are? @Sorcerers_Apprentice maybe?

Love them, wonder if I could get them to work as annuals in our front yard somehow.

Would like to split up or large patch of black eyed susans, they are taking over, want some more color in between.

16 Likes

It’s listed as a perennial in the south but I don’t think it would overwinter on our area.

5 Likes

They are very pretty!

3 Likes

You’ll see these around FL too, I like them, easy to care for and hardy

4 Likes