Copy/Paste: G+ pricing changes

I’d think you’d be use to that by now…

I thought you were expressing doubt about the possibility of additional resort fees, and I was just reminding you there were similar conversations before parking fees came to be.

Oh. No it was more of a oh fuck no not that they wouldn’t dare would they?

Because I actually don’t doubt it

2 Likes

Exactly this. I had to buy my tickets from Get Away Today to get the old price, which meant I couldn’t use the discounted gift cards on tickets. Will use those for food now, but still.

2 Likes

Totally agree with this. At DLR you can pay $25 ahead of time and the day of prices will “start at $25”. I only needed them for 2 of 4 days, but since I got them at $20 a day, and am traveling over Easter I decided not to risk it!

I can’t even…

2 Likes

We didn’t buy any except GotG on our last trip. If you’ve never ridden the rides and the lines are long then I can see paying once, but other than GotG you can still get in the standby line (right before close of its really long) if you just have to get one more ride.

1 Like

7DMT is just ok, its sooooo short. The queue is cute if you can plan on getting through it in 20-30 mins-a few fun interactive things- kinda like in Little Mermaid. We FPed it once and didn’t waste another FP or RD on it again. It’s a good roller coaster if you have little ones that like the thrill and arent big enough for the other coasters (not sure what height requirements are for any ride). I would NEVER pay for this ride :pensive:
Haven’t done GotG and I would pay today to skip the line but that’s bc I’ve seen evidence It’s a worthy for the extra price.
Just IMO

2 Likes

Wowsers. I am not sure I have seen PCDev quite so riled up about anything like this…Unfortunately Disney STRIKES Again With Even More Price Increases!! | Open Honest Discussion - YouTube

2 Likes

As an alternative you can get really nice Black Series lightsabers for that price level.

1 Like

Today, Oct. 12, G+ is $20. FWIW

6 Likes

For reference, our CL today is 6

1 Like

Was there any mention anywhere as to whether this pricing might be dynamic through the day? In other words, is it flat out $20 all day today, or could that increase later in the day if many people bought it early on?

2 Likes

Base price is $139 which is the lowest price in October so I don’t see where they’re getting as low as $15.

1 Like

Huh?

Oh I see what you’re saying. If it’s the lowest price you’d expect the lowest crowd so by extension you’d expect the lowest G+ price

But I think that’s false logic. First, because Disney execs. But second because the pricing is supposedly a reflection of the number of guests they are expecting. Those ticket prices were set a long long time ago. Guest demand is actually pretty high right now - try getting a hotel room last minute or any time from now through 1/1. :wink: So a $20 price would reflect moderate guest demand, which might make sense despite the low ticket price. Follow?

3 Likes

Ah I see. It would make sense to base on ticket prices so you at least have a sense of price.

2 Likes

Logic eludes them

4 Likes

This is the part that is really annoying for guests, is that they won’t even publish what the price might be ahead of time. So, if you PLAN on using Genie+, you have to assume the highest price and hope for lower (if you are a budgeter). But, I mean, it just goes back to the idea that Disney really is trying more and more to appeal to the “wealthy” guests for whom adding on spontaneous extra costs like this is probably like me telling the cashier to “keep the change” when I was due back 3 cents or something! :wink:

They, frankly, don’t want guests like me, where we budget everything, including reviewing the menus ahead of time and deciding what we’ll likely order, including tax and tip, and put that in our spreadsheet so we can know EXACTLY what we’ll be spending, including a little pool of money set aside for some unexpected treats or whatever.

6 Likes

Remember it’s only capped to $22 through October. After that it can go higher. Unlikely we ever see $15 again.

4 Likes

September 3rd. That’s it. Just that one date, so that they can claim the price point! :wink:

6 Likes

I still think they would make more money just making every ride a tiered price for $ILL and eliminate the G+ purchase altogether. Average the number of rides a person uses now and divide your target profit by that. Maybe it’s only $2-5 a ride on most rides.

They really want micro transactions pay to win like an app. Right now it’s just more steps and still producing bad customer sentiment.

3 Likes

One additional advantage to that model is that someone could sort of plan out their day better by buying ILLS for the rides they really want at times that work best for them. There would still be the 7 am rush, though, and not sure their system could handle everyone trying to book multiple rides all at the same time. But let’s pretend their IT COULD handle it, for the sake of argument.

1 Like