Copy/Paste: G+ pricing changes

I wouldn’t be surprised. Disney added resort parking fees in response to what they saw as industry standard practices. But let’s say they do…can they do that, legally, to DVC?

1 Like

if not,
a) rental prices for dvc points just went up
b) dvc rentals are even MORE attractive

we took advantage of the parking loophole when we did a dvc rental. dvc bookings don’t pay resort parking, and resort guests don’t pay theme park parking.

so, of course, we disney mathed it and upgraded to preferred each day. No re-gerts.

1 Like

Probably not? I know this was speculated about a while back in a DVC thread.

2 Likes

Parking, no. It’s in your contract I believe that parking is part of your “share”

The rest? I doubt it because it isn’t in your contract (unless it is, that there could be at some future date a resort fee)

1 Like

Really bad. If nothing else, rent them out! Also, when is this next trip?

3 Likes

Not trying to be even more of a downer but the reporting has focused on the $15-22 range which MDE specifically states the example is for October less-more busy days… and subject to change after that. So no indication on ceiling for December, yikes.

For everyone that previously compared G+ to Express Pass and thought “well at least it’s not as expensive as that”… looks like Disney was taking notes.

Glad we pre-added for length of stay for our Nov/Dec trip when you still could. Hope this means less G+ purchased so standby lines will be better for people who don’t have these new price increases in their budget.

6 Likes

Probably $25 for Christmas.

1 Like

ISWYDT with that pricing :wink:

2 Likes

Total coincidence just thinking it would be higher than $22 so it makes sense.

2 Likes

We were planning on 3 G+ days in our upcoming trip. When I mentioned to my wife the possible price increase, she said, "We are NOT paying $22 for G+!“

So now we are back to creating plans for those days that do not involve G+. I will still pay for GOTG ILLS one day.

If the price is still only $15 for our planned days, we might add it back. But not if it is higher.

3 Likes

You are a principled pair! Disney is counting on guests who are not like you.

3 Likes

I’m also reevaluating my plan to use ILL everyday, even repeating days. RotR might be the exception, but unless 7DMT and GotG blow us away, they might only get one play. I’m

I have 9 nights of nice hotels in Germany and France booked for the (new) price of G+ and ILL daily for 4 people. Planning to take kids to Europe is also less stress!

4 Likes

I would be surprised if 7D meets that requirement

However I can’t get enough of GOTG and would have ridden even more than I did if there had been a way.

6 Likes

Agree. 7D is an “only if its walk on during a party” or im done fast at a ppo breakfast at bog (in the before times) for me. Im excited for GOTG to be a must do but the only other must do for me is FOP. ROTR was until i reached ride #6 or so. Its still totally incredible but if im solo it’s a maybe now.

3 Likes

We took ours w DCL last summer and it was awesome. With a 3 yo it was the easiest way to do it!

2 Likes

LOLz

Solo

:smirk:

3 Likes

I have been on it three times, and now feel it is skippable. It is a great experience, but now it is like going on PPF or WtP…done it enough that it is no longer worth a long wait.

6 Likes

That’s the thing… you can probably get the same amount of activity or more, for less, but it’ll never be quite the same… At least for many people. That’s what they’re relying on and that’s why I’m one of those suckers going back despite hating what they’re doing with prices :smirk:

But at the very least it’s convincing me to keep our trips short. A few years ago I was planning to do the opposite, stay a couple of days more next time, but not going to happen now.

Bu yea, still going, still probably buying G+ because we have just 3 days… So that’s me in the gif above throwing away money :man_bowing:

4 Likes

Resort parking fees…

??

I’m confused

1 Like