Copy/Paste: G+ pricing changes

there’s a time delay between refills. I’m not sure exactly what it is, but i ran into it the last time I was there and the stupid machine failed and wouldn’t work.

When I switched machines it said I had to wait like 10-30 seconds before I could refill again.

1 Like

It would be a financially unwise decision. If you’re past banking, which I would imagine you are if you’re thinking of letting them expire, then I would 100% recommend renting them out!

4 Likes

Well, I’m glad it’s just DH and me. 17 days to DL with Savi’s since DH wants to do that so badly. At least Webslingers is now a part of Genie+ yay?! We have DAS but was planning on doing G+ too be most flexible and get photopass. But now will need to rethink it. Photopass has not increased yet it’s still $78 for a week. So 1 day of G+ rather than 2. We have 5 park days if we do photopass for 2 days early on :woman_shrugging: Decisions.

Our 2 WDW trips we will need to rethink but at least there G+ is separate from photopass.

Also, CYM is increased to $99 for 20 minutes. I keep going back and forth on CYM anyway. I don’t want to have to dress up for the parks, but will I have wished we did this later on? Then there’s the whole which park to has it done. Anyone with recommendations/opinions etc. is welcome.

5 Likes

I think it’s only 2 minutes.

1 Like

Renting, definitely a wise choice. But don’t be like us who had 10 points that were going to expire and then suddenly had a 5 night MVMCP trip planned… 100% would have been cheaper to let them expire!!

6 Likes

We have HS and EP visit planned for the weekdays to avoid a few extra $$$. Was planning a majority of our 10 park days with it. If prices are at the high end for Genie+ we’ll drop hopper+ or do less days . Still having a UO pass active means we can go there a couple days without more money needed.

2 Likes

I posted a screen shot

2 Likes

And I have a - very nebulous at this point in time - Christmas 2023 trip being considered for 10 people, my treat.

So… I’d be noping out of G+ at $22/day

3 Likes

That’s not only to me

That’s substantial

6 Likes

Ah Disney math…

6 Likes

Oh it’s definitely substantial - like 10% of the total trip cost already. All the work we’ve done buying cheap gift cards is basically a wash now.

I say “it’s only $400” as a coping mechanism, to keep from rage crying.

9 Likes

:people_hugging:

5 Likes

Really? Why do you say that? My just turned 6 year old hasn’t had a chance to do it yet and her big sisters have twice so I’m really hoping that isn’t the case.

1 Like

There have been some recent trip reports of people hiring former cast members for Jedi Training off-site with awesome reviews. Worth considering. I believe they found those former cast members in a FB group.

5 Likes

Mostly pessimism. Disney seems to kill all things that I liked, and outside of Fantasmic, they seem to be content on letting HS coast on what it has.

6 Likes

Disney Twitter is predicting the addition of resort fees…

1 Like

gotta get that 22 MILLION dollar bonus somehow…

2 Likes

Oh fuck no

8 Likes

I don’t think it is coming back either. Well maybe it will, but I bet if it does, it becomes an extra fee. It was under high demand and people would pay for pre park opening breakfasts to get into it and get the time they wanted. Not to mention the tricks to fighting the villain you wanted. But Jedi Training as we knew it, no I don’t think it is coming back.

3 Likes

My pessimism is they bring it back and charge extra.

5 Likes