Convention tickets - any recent success?

FYI: Convention tickets now showing good through Dec 31, 2020. Prices increased.

2 Likes

i noticed that as well. It wasnt a major increase. for the 4 day pass, it was $40 more. the long availability is great though.

Increase of 9-10%. A little more than I expected. :frowning:

i was surprised there were no changes to the timing of the use of them. i assumed they would make them only useable during conference dates.

Sorry if already answered. What happens if convention tickets expire? With regular tickets, the value paid can be applied to a new ticket. Is this true for convention tickets? I actually have a convention in Disney in December but my family isnā€™t going. I thought I might buy them a convention ticket and use it for our trip in May. However, if we donā€™t end up going in May, I donā€™t want to be out $2,000.

that I do not know the answer to. that may take a phone call in to the convention department.

I called to ask about this, because family health issues could easily result in a postponed trip. The CM I talked with believed I could apply the ticket value to future tickets. But she wasnā€™t sure exactly what the value would be since the convention tickets have a bonus experience attached (1 day waterpark, ESPN, or mini golf). If you call about this, I would be interested to hear what they say to you.

I think I will call. I would like to go ahead and purchase the tickets but I do need to find out the answer first. I will let you know what I find out.

I am going to a Convention in November, and on the website it says the tickets are only valid up to 7 days before the start of the conference, and up to 7 days after the conference. Small rebate on multiday tickets, and half day tickets available for one park a day. It is possible it varies by conference. As soon as I have decided what tickets to buy for myself and can read the fine print on the tickets I will update everyone.

1 Like

Iā€™m REALLY interested in this because Iā€™m doing a Mommy/Son trip for Mardi Gras to Universal for 4 nights/5 days. If I could get us tickets for 2 nights at Disney to head to HS and AK, he would be ecstatic! Iā€™ll be checking back often, Iā€™m sure. Iā€™m looking forward to your update.

Ive been trying the ā€œmydisneygroup October 2019ā€ link. I found a conference and have been attempting to purchase tix for last 2 days but keep getting error message at final step and instructed to call. Ive been using my android to do this. Im gonna try my cp later tonight. Anyone else have errors tring to purchase via mobile?

Just an update: I was successful purchasing after 5pm tix from my computer this evening. Tried several more times during the day on my android but got the error message everytime. Looks like using a computer is a priority.

1 Like

Has anyone ever tried these ESPN sports tickets? Huge savings https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/bolt_wdw_sports_00009/admission/tickets/theme-park-sports/
I was searching the convention link and found a soccer event.

I keep getting Wreck It Ralph every time I click the link. Iā€™m trying to find convention tix for the end of February and possibly for the first week in June.

Try this https://www.mydisneygroup.com/19jrshowcase/

Can you tell me more about the error message you got? I click ā€œBuy Ticketsā€ then ā€œContinueā€ and get an error message with no further info. Is that what you were experiencing?

I donā€™t know about current errors, but my experience last year was the convention site was even more wonky than the main site. Buying tix was no problem for some people, yet I couldnā€™t pay with a gift card unless I called in and spoke with a human. or maybe it was Stitch, not sure.

1 Like

Yes, using my android i could get all the way to the end and then it would just bring me back to the same screen where i entered my personal info/payment etcā€¦ At the very top of that page in ā€œredā€ letters was a message telling me to try later or call WDW directly.

1 Like

Is there anything like this for Disneyland tickets? I used this trick for our last trip to WDW in November and saved a lot of money on tickets, and they worked perfectly . We are interested in seeing Disneyland in California next time.

Sure, there a a number of events with convention tickets for DL as well - but I have no idea if there is a process to vet people who buy them are actually attending the event.

The wording on the DL convention ticket pages seems a little more explicit in its warnings vs the WDW pages, but I might just be reading into that.

Try this Google search - the first few results go to DL event pages.