Confirmed: CHAPEK OUT!

I had done the same- but I have been waffling on picking our parks dates…it’s a long journey for us and I am nervous about proper “recovery” time- after flight and parks….if I wake up tired and sore I wouldn’t rather hang by the pool and chill for a day than limp through the parks.

It’s our first trip west and we haven’t been rope drop to closing theme park commandos in many years…

Why do you think that once 3rd party tickets are sold (through a partnership with Disney) that Disney doesn’t know the date range of those tickets? They might not know the exact cost, but since the 3rd party is selling date specific tickets (that usually then get linked to MDE) I think they do have that data?

5 Likes

Unless something has changed (and perhaps it has) the details of the ticket is encoded into the ticket itself, not in some master database. When the ticket is entered into MDE, it can convert the “meta data” into the date information.

1 Like

As a global company, Disney was probably more aware of what was happening than an average American. I was leading teams in the US, UK, Israel, and Australia when the pandemic happened and so I was dealing with various forms of shutdowns and chaos before it hit me on March 14. My in-laws flew to India on March 1 and at the time I was flabbergasted that they would leave the country.

I’ll never forget that an Australian team member asked me if we had run out of toilet paper yet and I was like, “why on earth would we run out of toilet paper?” I mentioned it to my husband and he was like “I’m sure we will be fine.” Like a week later, we are rationing toilet paper. I was kicking myself - a LITERAL MAN LIVING IN THE FUTURE told me to prepare by buying toilet paper and I ignored him!

19 Likes

Luckily I got a bidet shortly before the pandemic. Best thing I ever bought :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

LOL! I’ll bet you were upset.

6 Likes

They are life changing!

4 Likes

You will def want to read this interview, then. Idk anything about Abigail Disney but this is interesting.

We left wdw 3/8. It was the trip of a lifetime that we will never replicate. DH got covid. School closed a week later.

7 Likes

In February 2020 DD had friends from the UK visiting Disney. We told her to just wash her hands and use sanitizer, it will be fine.

March 10th she had an interview at Disney. We went to EP after. Saw low wait time for the brand new MMRR so we hopped and rode it. Two days later they announced they were closing!

6 Likes

Great interview.

2 Likes

That was a good interview — thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

She has a way with words:

“And caring more about your customers rather than treating them like lemons to be squeezed.”

6 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy: I’m f’n dyin here.

10 Likes

Great interview! I like her!!

2 Likes

now that my Facebook feed has turned into a history of bob chapek-

Any one else noticing how much this man visibly aged in a year… it definitely took its toll on him

My local news is reporting that Iger is publicly talking about the cost of theme parks are too expensive (not only US).

Was that included in a recent interview?

4 Likes

I have been hearing that mentioned here and there.

4 Likes

Just clarifying…do you mean he is saying the cost of RUNNING the theme parks is costing too much, or that the cost to the consumer is too much?

2 Likes

To the consumer

3 Likes

Okay. Whew. That’s good news. I worried he meant the cost of RUNNING them, in which case…here we go again!

2 Likes