Club Level Information & Photos Thread

If I move from the main building to Sugar Loaf I will save a lot of money - ok to do it?

I just switched to Sugar Loaf club level from the Main Building to save a ton of money. We have a Marina view - any room numbers you recommend?

Please tell me about BW CLā€“mostly, is it quieter than, say, YC/BC, since there are fewer rooms? Room recommendations? Are they mostly connecting? How is the lounge fare? Is the lounge tiny? Are the rooms in need of updating (like YC)?

OTOH, have the CL rooms at BC been renovated yet?

Iā€™m mostly looking for a quiet stay near EP.

ALSO: Does BW CL offer the texting concierge like YC yet? Super important!

Hi everyone,

It looks like this thread has been quiet for a bit, but thereā€™s a lot of helpful info here. Thanks!

We have just booked CL at the YC for November and weā€™re really looking forward to our stay. Itā€™s our first (and possibly only) time staying Club Level so this should be fun. We had to cancel plans for a DCL cruise due to DHā€™s health issues, and I think having the extra space and snacks nearby will make the trip more relaxing for him, especially if he canā€™t spend as much time in the parks as DS and me.

Iā€™m wondering if anyone has any new updates or photos to share? :smiley:

1 Like

I do have 1 pic of lounge Iā€™m having trouble uploading it now. Itā€™s a tad small; luckily only once we were unable to get a table & sat on couch. Food repeated more often than other CL so we got tired of it by day 4. Hallways can be long so you might want to request to be near elevator (which is next to the lounge). CMs were very nice. Best perk of YC CL is the number you can text while in parks, anywhere really, & a CM will help you! They booked my 4th FPP while I was using my 3rd, called me a cab, let R&C know I was running late for my ADR, changed fpp, etc. this was last Nov. Going back in May. Only complaint was lack of soundproofing. And rooms badly need renovation. Not falling apart but still have '90s look. Actually our closet door I did take off because it kept coming off track & we did have to call re issues w DVD player & TV not working. We loved walking to EP & HS.

@TinkerbellNGrumpy @NYCCinderella I just booked SL at GF too. I didnā€™t see a view choice, so Iā€™m guessing standard, w/e that is thereā€¦looks like water in some form on each side! ha!

Anyway, please if you have room recommendations, share 'em. There is very little info on the webz. Iā€™m seeking a quiet room w a balcony (NO connecting room). Any thoughts? TIA!!

Oops I just remembered your trip report! Re-read it. Great info! And story too! Did you find the marina area to be noisy? And what is a ā€œbumped-outā€ balcony?

I requested 4th floor Marina view - the rooms on both sides of the huge suite. I will be there in 5 days.

Thank youā€¦please report when you have a chance! :smile:

@PianoMinnie Sorry that it took so long for me to respond. I was awayā€¦
We had room 6311. I took the room view pictures. It looks like water is only on one side. I made no requests and got pixie dust with our view.

I was not disturbed by the noise outside, it was the clanking of the people in the lounge and the vacumming. Oh my did they keep the common areas clean.

This is what I would request:
***To request this room, provide Disney with the following text:

Bldg 6,Flr 1,NW-facing room.Exmple:6101,6103,6105,6107,6109,6111,6113,6117,6119

or
To request this room, provide Disney with the following text:

Bldg 6,Flr 1,NW-facing room.Exmple:6127,6125,6123,6121,6119,6117,6113,6111,6109***

This way you are far enough from the lounge area. I slept with ear plugs in due to the clanking and my DH snoring.

We had a bump out balcony it was nice. When you look to the left of the room 6311 pics you can see the bump.

Have a fabulous time! Staying at GF CL was my first deluxe and first CL experience. I felt awkard asking for assistance at first but it was GREAT! I needed to change some reservations and it was done while I ate breakfastā€¦so nice.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Youā€™ve been a great help. Thatā€™s exactly what I was going to request!

Unfortunately I read too many negative reviews regarding boorish guest behavior and excessive noise from the lounge affecting sleep in Sugarloaf, so when a room opened up at CR CL for same price this weekend, I switched us there. I know that there are ā€œpillagersā€ in every CL lounge, but the frequency of the comments regarding Sugarloafā€™s ill-mannered guests really turned me off. Actually, I can deal with them in the loungeā€¦but when Iā€™m in my room, I donā€™t want to have to hear them. :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m kind of disappointed, as weā€™ve never stayed at GFā€¦but walking to MK from CR is pretty great.

@PianoMinnie: That is a very nice way of putting it ā€œboorishā€ā€¦after a few encounters my words were %&^&(&&(*(&. 'The lounge is very much misplaced in SL. Iā€™m glad that you were able to change your reservation. If you have time, sit in the main lobby when the band is playing. Itā€™s a must see.

I have no experience with the main building lounge, but maybe one day stay there.

Have a fabulous trip!

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

My son has a dairy allergy and when I emailed the IPO at WL - they indicated that they would notify the chef and make sure that options were available for him;along with soy milk. We were thrilled since it means we wonā€™t have to have snacks and soy milk shipped ahead for him and heā€™ll get to enjoy the CL goodies with us.

I would recommend emailing the IPO conceirge for your resort.

I need to come back and read this again since we are staying CL at GF in June! I forgot all about this thread! Getting excited for our tripā€¦ Making FPP tonight at midnight!

I am trying to post some photos from the Yacht Club taken today.

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

thanks for sharing! We will be there in June! Oh, and I think I saw it was your birthday, Happy Birthday!

1 Like