Club level extra FPP help needed

Of the CL stay, or regular stay?

The CLFP program seems to have no impact on regular FPs that you book for days when you arenā€™t using the program. So for that particular situation, what would matter is whatever Disney is doing with their leading reservations these days.

1 Like

That makes sense, thanks!

1 Like

From the regular stay. Meant to say that in my reply.

1 Like

Thanks!

We are leaving in 19 days :clap:t3::clap:t3: And are staying CL with CLFPPs all days except our check out day. And I FORGOT to book FPPs for our check out day until last weekā€‹:woman_facepalming:t2: We still got 2 of the rides and times I wanted, but had to change plans for the third. Which isnā€™t a big deal because I have multiple FPPs plans for our must dos throughout the week. But this is just a reminder not to FORGET the days that arenā€™t booked for you!!

5 Likes

So letā€™s say I have 5 CL days, but only want to purchase 3 days of extra FPs, are you saying I can spread those 9 extra FPs over the 5 days however I like? And if thatā€™s true, can I then book the regular FPs for all 5 of those days at 90 days?

You can buy just 3 days of your 5 eligible days, and they can be any of the 5 days (but not some each day, 3 each day for 3 days). SIgnature services will book your regular FPPs for those 3 days as well. You will have to wait until your 60 days FPP day from the start of your trip to book the days you donā€™t buy extra FPP. I am thinking of buying 4 days out of the 6 we are eligible for. Our first day we donā€™t land at MCO until 4pm, so no time to use 6, and our second day is Epcot, which will mostly be spent doing the holiday narrators, food booths, and Candlelight Processional, so no time for an extra 3 FPP.

2 Likes

Last I looked, suites at the swan and dolphin qualified for this. Does anyone know what level of suite? They have family suites that are basically just a little bigger than a regular room and pretty reasonably priced.

Because of course Iā€™m trying to add more nights at club level now!! You can always earn more money, right?!

2 Likes

Yes! A wise man (my Dad) always said ā€œItā€™s only money. You can always earn moreā€.
Honestly, we should stay somewhere cheaper our first 2 nights as we wonā€™t buy the extra FPP, but we already have a 3 way split over 11 nights (5 CSR, 2 Swan on points, 4 at Universal)ā€¦and I just cannot stand the thought of switching rooms more than that. So instead Iā€™ll just work more to pay for it (I only work part time as it is, so not hard to do). That same wise man also told me ā€œYou canā€™t take it with you when you go, might as well live well while you are hereā€. :smile:

2 Likes

So not that Iā€™ve decided to add 4(!) more CL nights, I can only get 1 room for all 4 nights, the other room I can only get for 3 nights. I booked a different tower room for that one night. Iā€™m going to be watching like a hawk to get that night upgraded to CL! And of course, I may just cancel it all, who knows?! Probably not though! Thank goodness the Disney Visa doesnā€™t charge interest for 6 months!

2 Likes

Yep. As I said before, the one thing you canā€™t get more of is time, and the CLFP gives that back to you.
My family loved being at CL so much. They loved the lounge and the extra FP. I guarantee you wonā€™t regret it!

3 Likes

I still need more time, even with the 3 extra FPP a day. I am having a hard time with the scheduling aspect of it. 6 FPP, rides that donā€™t have FPP (I am looking at you, Galaxyā€™s Edge), ADRs for meals, rest times, dessert partiesā€¦I thought the extra FPP would make it easier, what I am really finding is that is not the case! I wonder if I can buy another 6 hours a day or so of time? :laughing: Did you book all 6 in one day in 1 park, or 2 or more?

Others at the DIS boards have commented that ADRs really conflict with FPP, and I I found that that to be true. We only did one ADR day, sometimes none (on the dessert party day). The problem being you never know how long those are really going to take. We scheduled ours for lunch when the club lounge has fewer offerings (but TBH what they had was fine for us).

If I had it all to do over again, Iā€™d have skipped at least one of those ADRs and just gone back to the room and lounge. There are five of us (4 of whom could drink) so it was basically $200+ per meal. We liked to try the new snacks at the parks, too. I personally stopped ordering entrees about halfway through the trip.

We park-hopped every day except one since we were at an EPCOT resort. The one day we didnā€™t, we started late at MK and that was our HEA dessert party day, (BTW, the evening fare at the club lounge was far better than the dessert party so that was a disappointment but we had great seats, so Iā€™d still do it again). We never had an evening ADR except on our non-park day.

We set our FP at about 10, 11, 12. Sometimes weā€™d also pick up a 4th FP, like for JC to use after lunch. Then weā€™d go home, rest up and typically be back to use FP at 6, 7, 8 pm. Sometimes weā€™d have a 4th FP right before 6 at the evening park as well.

Right?!

1 Like

We currently have 6 people, 2 rooms, DxDDP on 1 room. That gives us 1.5 TS a day basically. I may have to rethink this! Though I really like all the meals we have planned!

Moā€™ money, moā€™ problems!!

1 Like

Oh my, I wouldnā€™t do DxDDP with this. You wonā€™t have time to rest. If you want breaks, some of those ADRs have got to go!

And donā€™t plan on using the buses during your afternoon breaks, either. Thatā€™s a huge time suck right. there. We almost always used Uber or Minnie Van.

1 Like

Thanks, I will be making our ADRs next week, so have to figure it all out soon. Itā€™s like a giant puzzle in my head right now!

1 Like

Yes! Sometimes I think our trip planning over all these years would be much easier if we just had no extra money and had to stick to a tight budget. :laughing:

1 Like