Club level extra FPP help needed

Well, if you are a foodie maybe it could work out. We just wanted to chill out back at the room more than chill out in a restaurant. Both could be could rest periods, of course. I personally didn’t find the food to be that exceptional that I would choose it over R & R time. We did have one outrageously good meal at Raglan Road, though. We ate at Homecomin’, Tiffins, Skippers’ Canteen, Rose & Crown that I can recall.

And some QS and lots of food booths at EPCOT because it was F & G festival time. Those items were exceptionally good, too.

1 Like

I am thinking about giving up the breaks. We take them in April because it is miserably hot and humid to us Northwesterners. My kids aren’t interested in the pools anymore, so mostly we just chill in the A/C. Last December I took no breaks with my friends for 5 days straight, went to early and late events and everything in between, and it was fine since it was cool. Plus transportation time in the middle of the day is a pain.

1 Like

I never had a budget, we just did shorter trips.
I know pretty much how much we spend per day, although WDW might have been a new personal best! :flushed:

1 Like

Well, I’m only planning extra FP on 4 days. I think I can maneuver things so that those are my 1 ADR days. I don’t feel like we really need the extras at MK or EP. We have 3 days planned at MK, 2 on party days not attending the parties, and 1 just attending the party. We have BOG PPO for both non-party attending days. EP we’ll go to a couple of times.

1 Like

We’re renting a minivan.

The day we started late and just went through to closing worked out great. I made our start times get progressively later because I knew we’d get worn out. By day 5 we did a resort/DS day and went to the VOID which was really fun.

1 Like

My spreadsheets are a mess!

Did you get an AP?
You get free parking being a resort guest, right? But not at the resort.

1 Like

We have been so many times over the last 5 years, that we have our favorites that we love to do. Yak & Yeti and Tusker House ROL package at AK, Liberty Tree Tavern at MK, Via Napoli and Garden Grill pre rope drop at Epcot, and Sci Fi at HS. Plus the dessert party at MK, I will always book it. I can’t imagine a trip without them. We will do food booths during Festival of the Holidays on our first full day, but those will be gone by New Years Eve. We barely eat any QS, just don’t love it and find for not much more, you can have a sit down meal with better food, plus I like to be waited on. It will all work out, I just have to obsess until the plan looks right!

2 Likes

We’re only there for 10 days, 8 or 9 park days. We’ll be taking next year off to, God willing, have a baby. I’m selfish and I don’t want to go if I can’t ride all the rides and drink all the drinks! In fact, we were planning to be trying now, but then I booked this trip! So now we will wait until we get back. Or maybe while we’re there :wink:

3 Likes

Oh gosh! I forgot SciFi! We always go to SciFi and it was, of course, great again. I think my family would mutiny if I didn’t schedule that in.

2 Likes

You can have your own Is it Disney Magic? thread!

1 Like

That’s the attitude!!

2 Likes

I don’t find WDW to be near as expensive as our other vacations, somehow. The activities we do in Hawaii, Alaska, Costa Rica…sometimes $800-$1000 a day for the 4 of us. So Disney seems cheap in comparison. Also, the most expensive restaurants at WDW are still cheaper than anything we ate in Maui. That is one crazy expensive place to eat!

2 Likes

I think Victoria & Albert might beg to differ. What meal though!

Same, the extras are really great for HS and AK, so-so at MK, and not needed at all at Epcot. My kids won’t ride FEA anymore (they are cynical teens and hated it), we do Soarin after pre-rope drop Garden Grill (a tradition now, we have done it so many times), and get FPP for Test Track. Nothing worth buying there as we prefer to just browse World Showcase, and eat.

3 Likes

We used to alternate Hawaii with WDW every six months, like Hawaii or Europe would be our “big” trip and WDW would be our “little” trip. Scuba diving could easily put you into that $1000 a day range for 4 people. Although I’ve been to all the major islands, the Big Island is our favorite and I think it’s a little less expensive than the others.

Our last trip was at the Fairmont Kea Lani on Maui and our room was (I think) $475 a night before taxes. This was a few years ago. Our room at WDW was a lot more than that, it was a Deluxe room, bigger than a normal CL room. It was $1000 a night rack rate- which thank God I did not pay!

But WDW is getting into that range with. all the add-ons. It’s no longer our “little” trip.

2 Likes

We are twins. Except I don’t drink much, but I do like to eat.

1 Like

This is my husband’s number 1 request!

1 Like

Oh yes, I forgot about V&A. Yes it would be more. I could never sit and eat for 6 hours straight, so that one will never be on my list.

2 Likes