Club level extra FPP help needed

Hi. I have a few questions about the extra fast passes you can buy when staying Club Level. Right now we are booked at the new tower at CSR, club level for Dec 26-31. I figure the extra 3 FPP a day will be worth the cost during that week of insane crowds. I would love to hear any experiences and whether you felt like it was worth it or not.

1. I know you have to purchase 3 days minumum. I also think they book your regular fastpasses everyone gets at the time they book your CL ones (is that correct?). So say you have 5 park days available, but you only want to buy 3 days of extras: will Signature Services book all 5 days of regular FPP plus your 3 days of paid at the same time? Or do they only book the 3 days of paid FPP plus 3 days of regular fastpasses, and then you need to make your own for the days you do not pay?
  2. If you have a split stay, will they book any of your regular FPP for the days afrer you check out? I know I cannot buy any for those days. We are staying at the Swan right after, so Dec 31-Jan 2. Any chance they would book regular FPP for January 1st? I am trying to figure out what parks for what days as I make ADRs next week.
    Thank you so much. @Pod, think you just did CL FPP recently?

Signature Services will only book your regular FPs for the days that they are booking your CL FPs.

You can have the CL FPs booked for your check-out day, and a split CL stay is also allowed. So if you had more CL days than you were buying them for, you can choose which days to book those CL FPs.

And those regular ones they book cannot be modified until your usual 60 day window.

CL FPs cannot be modified by you at all. DSS or the CL concierge need to do it for you.

3 Likes

Yes @Wahoohokie we did just get back from a pretty fab visit to WDW. @Nicky_S covered the FP booking accurately.

We never had occasion to modify our CLFP, but I did notice that the 4th + FP could overlap the CLFP. We were able to move our non-CLFP around as needed after they were booked.

I don’t think you’ll be able to get CLFP for Jan 1st. If you are departing CSR on Dec. 31st, that’s probably the last day you can get CLFP, just like you can use the Club facilities all day that day. We didn’t do a split stay though, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

As for value, yes, I absolutely would do this again. We ended up buying 4 days out of 7, not buying it for our arrival and departure days plus one non-park day (over Memorial Day weekend when I thought it might be a zoo even with CLFP). We hadn’t been to WDW in a few years, though, and I know you’ve been more recently. So we loved filling the time between CLFP with all the little things we hadn’t seen. On the other hand, at Christmas there are lots of those types of diversions so small chance you’ll get bored while waiting for your next FP!

ADRs were not easy to work into the plan- but if I had it all to do over again I’d have fewer ADRs anyway. We had plenty to eat in the CL lounge. However, we were at BWI which has terrific club level food. You should follow the DIS boards to see what types of food CSR will have, and then decide if you really need those ADRs.

4 Likes

I also want to add that CL might be very good for tier-busting at DHS. With the impending tier changes there, you’re not going to easily get to ride more than one or two of the “good” rides without CLFP. Obviously, none of those changes were in effect when we went, and yet the CLFP were still instrumental in ensuring we could ride everything we wanted to, even on a low-crowd day.

3 Likes

And now I need to see how much it would cost to move part of my trip to Club Level. I know the minimum purchase for extra FPs is 3 days, but can you do that with a 2 night stay?

1 Like

You can buy the requisite 3 days worth of CLFP with a 2 night stay- the day you check in, the day you’re there and the day you check out. As well as use the lounge that whole time, too. We had CLFP and breakfast before they had our room ready.

2 Likes

And can you please remind me…is it $50/person/FP, or $50/person/3 FP?

$50 per person, per day for 3 extra CLFP that have no tier restrictions. So you will spend a minimum of $150 per person for CLFP. And for that you’ll get 9 CLFP plus 9 regular FP that can be scheduled 90 days from checkout.

2 Likes

Phew!! I had it in my head that it was $50/FP, so I was thinking 4 people x 3 FPs x 3 days and my mind was spinning!

1 Like

Oh dear Lord, no! Even I wouldn’t have paid 50 bucks for a FP. :rofl: Keep in mind that you mostly get what you want when you want them for the non-CL FP too, although I didn’t pre-book identical rides for the same day in the same park. The CMs won’t do that, but guests often go back and change the three regular FP after they’re booked.

1 Like

I wouldn’t put anything past Disney though! They love the upcharges!

1 Like

I’d probably use the CLFPs in HS, and my other ones elsewhere. At the end of the day, I’d prefer they just have TSL EMM!

We would have done DAH but the schedule for that wasn’t out when I had to make the choice. Plus, some things aren’t open and since we hadn’t been to WDW for so many years, we wanted to do more than just ride rides. CLFP really worked well for us. Plus, very minimal running around, it saved my feet!

1 Like

I just hate missing out on anything, and I know that we will at HS this time around. Ugh, the only (cheap, aka CSR) club level available when we are there is in the middle of our stay. We’re already staying at CSR, so I guess it wouldn’t be that big of a deal to move twice, but it will still be a pain. Can I book it and cancel if they decide to have EMM?

Thank you so much!

Thanks for all the info. I knew we wouldn’t be able to get Club level FPP for the day after checkout, I was just hoping they could book my entire stays (7 days total) normal FPP at one time. Looks like they only book the regular FPP on the day we pay for CL FPP though. I only want to buy 3 or 4 days.
We will definitely eat breakfast in the lounge (except maybe 1 pre park opening at Garden Grill), but not too sure about the other meal times. I am definitely booking Club Level to buy the extra FPP, anything else is just a bonus. It isn’t too terribly priced at CSR. We only have a few must do ADRs at this point. I am not sure about taking breaks (we always do in the warmer months, but guessing travel back and forth to the parks will be more difficult over the holidays). Thanks again!

1 Like

Agree, the HS tiering plus the cheaper CL price at CSR are the main reasons I started looking at it. We love the rides at HS, and the new tiering plus Star Wars rides means it is going to be very hard to ride much (we are spoiled, I admit it, and won’t wait long). Being able to have FPP for SDD, TSMM, TOT, and RNRC in one day will be amazing.

4 Likes

I just wish I had started looking a little earlier and could get it for the beginning of my stay. All booked up now :frowning:

I normally would have booked some EMM and DAH instead of the CL extra FPPs, but I am pretty sure they don’t offer them between Christmas and New Years. So Club level it is! :smile:

1 Like

We get there the night before Thanksgiving and are staying through the first week of December. Thanksgiving is all booked up (for the cheapest club room).