Christmas Party dates and Prices

The gate price was $129 but at that time there were DVC discounts. $95 plus tax was something I was willing to pay.

We’ve only ever been to one Halloween party in 2013 and I think I paid $95.

1 Like

What is Disney doing? I am not doing this. Oogie Boogie Bash in DCA I’m all in for… and we paid one of the higher prices for a holiday Sunday which I think was $149pp. But for that we get 5 trick or treat trails with character actors plus a few more without characters, a special parade, a special evening show, a mickey mouse kid show, a halloween dance party, and a haunted trail through Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. We had so much Candy last time we probably came out ahead the $149 lol. We waited no more than 15 min for any ride (we did do single rider for RSR). I mean that’s a lot for that $149 and the event is from 6-11pm with early entry at 2pm I think so 9 hours total. I don’t get what WDW is doing.

4 Likes

The Christmas parties I attended in 2019 were massively crowded. Lots of complaints on here about it.

Solution? Crank up the prices. And right now, people have money to burn.

2 Likes

The after hours events I thought were for getting on rides with practically non-existent lines. You have to choose to ride as many as you can or watch a parade and fire works with a lot less rides. And this is all for less hours than a regular Christmas party.

So based on this article- it sounds like park day guests can still see the fireworks? We are going during a week with 4 parties, so I just want to plan accordingly.

Yes, I think you see the regular fireworks and then there is ANOTHER set of fireworks at the party. Party guests can see both.

2 Likes

I don’t think people have as much money to burn as people think. Our money for DW was saved from our cancelled May 2020 trip. We have to add a little extra for food prices going up and driving, since our money from airline tickets is tied up in Southwest points that aren’t enough to buy tickets at this point.

Anyone using stimulus that I know have not even mentioned vacations as what they are using that money for.

I think people are doing make up vacations, but I don’t think that means they are blowing money on overpriced experiences. The people doing that would do it regardless of the circumstances.

2 Likes

I won’t speak for @sanstitre_has_left_the_building, but what I got from his statement was more of an “in general” statement.

Orange County in California added 13 new “million dollar plus” zip codes. Las Vegas is reaching highest ever resale values. Baseball card enthusiasts are spending insane amounts of money on cards that were much less 2 years ago.

People have money from cancelled trips, saving gas working from home, saving rent from giving up office space etc. I see those people (like me) are using that money (cancelled 2 week 2020 vacation for me) for this trip.

Again, not speaking for all. But I see a lot of spending on the west coast right now.

2 Likes

Perfect description.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I’m going to attend this, but the price point is :eyes:. Going to cancel my $125 (20 minutes) amphicar ride and Boathouse dinner and do this instead. It better be good!

2 Likes

I see the same here. People working from home no longer spend on all that coffee, restaurant lunches, gas for the car. Add into that people staying at home for so long, there’s more disposable income even if you ignore the stimulus completely.

I suspect you are repeating an exact conversation that happened at Disney Corporate.

Never mind, I didn’t see that there’s zero discount for any of the December dates :frowning:

1 Like

I can see people going “wow, that’s really expensive, very few people will pay that much…which means crowds will be very low…which means it’s totally worth it!”

Oooof. We were definitely planning to do this regardless of the price. But I never thought it would be THAT high.

IF we decide to sell a child so we can attend:
1-does anyone know if tickets can be purchased online on August 17 or do we have to call?
2- what time August 17?
3- are tickets for all dates on sale August 17 or does it have to be within 60 days?
4-anyone wanna buy a slightly used 19 year old? He sleeps all day but he does know how to clean bathrooms and pick up dog poo.

7 Likes

I too am one that is willing to do just about anything, but this is just too much.

3 Likes

I looked back im my history and for my long trip in December 2018 I did MVMCP twice, DAH at MK, and EMM at HS (I wish they would bring this back) and all of that was roughly the cost of 2 of these party tickets. I’m sure I probably did a dessert party in MK or EP too. All to say I am definitely not afraid of an add on or an expensive special ticket event, but this thing this year is just next level bonkers to me.

2 Likes

Just came out today that consumer confidence is back to pre-pandemic levels (low), so I think the Roaring 2021s are about over.

2 Likes

Tickets have been available at opening for all dates. It is funny, they say online and by phone when it opens to everyone but I didn’t see anything about the 17th. I hope they fixed that for you.

1 Like