Christmas Party dates and Prices

:raising_hand_woman:

I could get several nights for less than the cost of a single VIP tour I was planning anyway. I’m usually the first one to say it, so here won’t be any different, but hurry up and take my money.

3 Likes

This is a good point. You have WDW uber fans in here balking at this thing. I’m a 50ish year old, DVC owner, with two really strong incomes andit’s WAY out of our price range for the value you get. Who the heck is the target audience for this thing? There are only so many surgeons, NBA players and Moroccan princes that are heading to WDW this Christmas.

6 Likes

Not attacked. But definitely not one to curtail your spending at WDW. And for you to say hard pass on this speaks VOLUMES.

You’re a very good barometer.

4 Likes

uh excuse me.

My official title is Randallmeter.

4 Likes

You’re a different cut

1 Like

Randallmeter?

2 Likes

i don’t get it

I am also one to say “take my money” and here’s where I am with the prices: I would easily pay this if going with friends (so just 1 ticket to buy), but to take my kids, I would have to think on it a bit.

4 Likes

It’s okay. It was a stretch.

I just got an email from Disney saying I can book on 8/17 as a resort guest, since our trip is during that time.

And reading the comments on the post from Tom Bricker, it appears there are people willing to throw their money at Disney for this.

1 Like

Did kid’s tickets always cost the same as adult tickets? I can’t remember.

Same. If I had 4 or more family members, absolutely I’d be a hard pass. But only 3 makes it a lot easier.

Plus, I skip 4 years at a time in between visits. I’ve only been once since moving back out west in 2013 FOMO is strong in this one.

Also, did you see there would be 2 separate firework shows AND the first full parade since shutdown!?

Do TA’s have the ability to buy tickets for registered guests on property on the 17th or would they have to wait until they go on sale to the gen-pop?

1 Like

You can. You just don’t want to. You paid that much to do Savi. Twice.

At least we have confirmation of Disney’s strategy going forward: Crank up the prices to lower attendance. Same total revenue, higher guest satisfaction.

2 Likes

I bit the bullet for the Boo Bash tickets. I’m out for this party. I was going to add a night to Disney for my December trip for it. But, for the same price, I can get a full day Universal VIP tour with breakfast and lunch included. This makes my decision to focus on Universal this year seem like a really good one.

3 Likes

well if we’re using that as the argument, then everyone can do it. After all, we paid that or more for plane tickets. twice.

or for food over the course of the trip.

1 Like

Probably. For Boo Bash we could, but we had to call in. It was a shit show.

1 Like

They were able to by the Boo Bash tickets for those with a stay when they went on sale.

1 Like

I’ll also add that for boo bash, if your room was booked through a TA you HAD to have them do it. Clients got an email telling them to have their TA do it. No link.

2 Likes

I went in 2019 and this was the price:

I have had no issue switching out an event instead of a full day ticket but the 3 tickets I bought in 2019 were cheaper than 2 tickets this year.

2 Likes

I’m loving all of these opportunity cost discussions. It’s like Disney is creating a giant social experiment.