Christmas Party dates and Prices

Pretty much. Maybe they think no one will notice amidst the higher prices on so many other things right now.

1 Like

also, what’s up with DVC not being given any sort of discount once we get near Thanksgiving? Is that $10 savings (lol) REALLY going to eat into their bottom line?!

1 Like

Oh I’m sure it’ll sell out. Just like halloween did.

I think for this year, it’ll make sense for a lot of people since they couldn’t do anything last year. The REAL tell will be next year.

1 Like

Or you could do your Christmas shopping at the party.

Unlimited bottle soft drinks at the party, you could get 24 bottles of soda and give someone a case of Coca-Cola as a Christmas present.

7 Likes

who are we kidding? if i buy tickets, that is everyone’s christmas gift

3 Likes

Even the official image features a scary red price tag :wink:

Disney’s Very Merriest - red tag

11 Likes

I am wondering if this is WDW testing the limits of how far they can push prices. Trying to test out the controversial prices.

They have announced this late on a Friday afternoon, where PR departments try to hide bad news announcements from a public that’s already checked out for the weekend.

3 Likes

yeah clearly the team who did the logos for the other things (like the 50th) didn’t do this one.

That logo lacks… a lot.

actually, maybe it’s perfect as it’s a complete representation of the whole thing. :rofl:

3 Likes

i mean, why not? Shoot for the moon. If there’s backlash, you can always discount it.

229 dollars. I mean…what? For my family of 6 that’s more than what i pay in DVC dues at BLT every year. The economics just make no sense.

4 Likes

Holy :poop:

Wow.

3 Likes

what hurts is I was able to do 2 parties in 2019, arguably some of the BEST TIME I’ve spent in Disney World thus far, for less than 1 of these After Hours tickets.

To realize I’m not able to repeat that…oof.

3 Likes

Yes, let’s assume the person creating it has a sense of humor

2 Likes

I have some clients who I think will do the same. And I don’t blame them one stinky bit. They are looking at more PER PERSON than they are paying one night’s hotel for that 4 hours.

Um yeah. No. Over $200 for the week we are there.

And I’m ticked most nights are taken for this. I’m glad I have park hoppers so I can hop to MK to close out the park 2 of the nights we are there.

2 Likes

This is insane. I don’t actually have any clients traveling for this timeframe (bc they rescheduled due to Delta) and I’m glad.
I have zero intention of talking this up anywhere on social media. I feel like potential clients might get mad at me for even suggesting it.

5 Likes

The price for the new Star Wars hotel is going to be $1200 per day. That’s $50 per hour, so $200 for a four hour party seems to be a similar price. :clown_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Disney needs to check out the barometer here in this “room”

Several of you hard passing. Most of you don’t balk at anything.

Seems they have crossed a line at last.

Let’s see if it sticks when tickets go on sale or if all y’all get the FOMO and open your wallets and throw you money at it.

6 Likes

i feel attacked!

3 Likes

That’s why I was saying they announced it late on Friday, anticipating the negative.

2 Likes