Choose the secret we know before life makes us grow, there’s nowhere to go but up! A turning 18/going to university celebration trip July 2022

I was going to go with something from HEA but with the rough start this seemed appropriate!!

10 Likes

These stories of lost bags are getting too numerous, sorry about this. I know too well though not only MCO between DW and I we have had to go through this 3 times already this year, it sucks.

8 Likes

It hasn’t happened to anyone else we know. It wouldn’t have been so bad if it was just one case.

6 Likes

Day 1 - Hollywood Studios morning

I could barely sleep I was so wound up, and I gave up for good at 2.30am and read on my kindle. But we had clothes to wear and the front desk had provided toothbrushes - I forgot to say they also gave us a room credit so we could buy mini toiletries in the gift shop but they didn’t sell toothbrushes. And the parks were still there. So we set out to enjoy our first full day.

We headed to the bus stop at 6.20. The first bus was supposed to be 6.45 according to the board, but at 6.45 it disappeared. the next one was at 7.04 so we were still waiting when we had to book our LLs at 7 - Joe used BG1 to get an 8.30 Slinky Dog, and I bought Rise of the Resistance though I can’t remember what time for. Even though we were a bit late, when we arrived we went to the far right tapstyle and were only about 10 people back.

We also got to see inflatable Baymax but Joe dragged me past too fast to get a photo. Our game plan was to do TOT and RnRC first, and by 7.35 we were heading down Sunset Boulevard.

This is where we hit our first setback - TOT was closed. We joined the line waiting for RnRC, which wasn’t too long luckily.

Before 7.55 we were dashing towards the ride, there was no preshow and we went straight through to the limo. We were on the second ride of the day - well we should have been. We were buckled in when the second setback hit - it had broken down! It took a few minutes till we were allowed out of the vehicle, and then longer to get out of the building because we all had to be scanned for an anytime LL. We had a golden ticket!

It was still EE and TOT was still down so we looked to see what was open and had a short wait, not very much!! Practically everything was down. MMRR had a 50 minute wait, we weren’t getting in that line! So we went to Star Tours.

It was more or less a walk on but we got all scenes we’d had before which was disappointing. I think this is possibly the last time Joe smiled for a photo willingly :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::joy:

By now it was after 8.30 so we went to use our SDD LL. The first time we rode this in 2019 we thought it was so much fun, but then we rode it another 5 times and were bored of it by our 3rd ride. So we didn’t really care about it this time. Maybe that’s why it was so much fun again, low expectations!

When we tapped in for SDD, we could make another LL and we had the golden ticket so we could ride anything whenever, but I don’t think I really trusted that so we booked Millenium Falcon for a little later and went to do TSM standby.

It was a very short wait at that time (about 8.50), maybe about 10 minutes? I remembered the photopass filters and got a great pic of Joe - he was furious. I promised I wouldn’t share it publically. The forum doesn’t count as public right?! :rofl:

I swear I used to be good at this but I was really terrible and I ended up as a bunny. Joe was a beaver. I was far more accurate than him though.

I think it was after this that I mobile ordered a banana peanut butter pop tart from Woodys. I thought it was good but Joe wouldn’t even try it. I couldn’t eat the whole thing.

Now we finally headed to SWGE, and I had read you should see it for the first time from the Muppets side through the tunnel so that’s what we did. I’m not particularly a Star Wars fan, but wow! So much attention to detail. I thought it was amazing.

We went to ride Millennium Falcon and even though we were very early, the golden ticket did its job and we got in. We were both engineers. I’d heard it was a bit boring but I loved it! Though Joe told me afterwards that I hadn’t been paying attention and hadn’t pressed half the buttons :joy: Oops!! I had just been excited to be in the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs! We got two containers of coaxium.

We then headed to Rise to use our ILL. I had heard it’s more an experience than a ride but I didn’t understand until I rode it. We loved it! The drop totally took us by surprise too. Amazing ride.

Joe really didn’t want to have photopass pics taken but I forced him.

We had an 11.30 TOT so we wandered in that direction. When Joe saw the Frozone statue he wanted his photo taken with it. When he saw me pose with Edna Mode he rolled his eyes so hard he almost gave himself a concussion.

Then I forced him to have photopass pics on Sunset Boulevard.

As we got close to TOT, we realised that it was nearly 11 and our TOT LL wasn’t until 11.30 - our anytime wasn’t valid for it so we wouldn’t be able to get it early. So we pivoted and went into Beauty and the Beast which was about to start. I enjoyed it, Joe really didn’t!

Then we went to TOT which we both absolutely love! Goofy was hanging out in the queue which was a nice surprise. The ride was amazing! I never stopped laughing (or screaming!) on the drops.

I let Joe choose where to order lunch and he picked Docking Bay 7. So back off across the park we went.

I ordered the fried chicken and Takodana Quencher, Joe had the braised beef and the Moof Juice. It was all very good although Joe wouldn’t eat the potatoes - he doesn’t like potatoes - so we had to swap sides.

We had booked MMRR so that was our next and final stop of the morning. I honestly wasn’t expecting much from this and I didn’t like the preshow - poor Pluto!! - but I really enjoyed it, it was much better than I expected. Joe wasn’t impressed at all.

On the way out I got my Baymax pic! Love Baymax, I missed my hug this trip.

What a morning! We needed to get back to FQ for a swim!

34 Likes

I cannot believe you remember what you did a few weeks ago. I don’t know what I did this morning.

13 Likes

How many times have people mistaken you for DS’s sister (or even girlfriend, I know, gross)?! You seriously look so young. It’s great!

Great pictures. I hate that so many rides were down–that stinks! Seems like you made the best of it though.

10 Likes

Sounds like a good morning! Great pics, too. I have 4 boys, I know all about the eye rolling and dislike of having their picture taken lol

7 Likes

Man do I look good in that photo. I’m pretty sure this is why @alpha_foxtrot married me.

23 Likes

I can only really remember what there is a photo of :joy:

10 Likes

I was mistaken for his sister a few times last trip when people thought we were both my parents’ kids. Nobody mentioned it this time but they did make us do a lot of hugging pics :thinking:

But I definitely don’t look that young if you get a proper look at me :joy:

15 Likes

You must have it 4 times as bad! I have two boys but the oldest hasn’t been since his own 18th birthday trip in 2012.

6 Likes

So handsome!

8 Likes

Hmm I think that’s probably good advice, but if you come from the Toy Story side you do meander a bit through the caves so it feels like a similar effect.

4 Likes

I get the same thing from time to time–people tell DH I look like one of his daughters. Not true, they don’t see what I see :rofl:

I know we are our own worst critics though!!

7 Likes

Looks like a great first day after a not so great travel day. Glad you made it back though and can’t wait to see more!

3 Likes

I would have cried too. :broken_heart:

6 Likes

Impressive! I wish I could wear flip flops for touring.

6 Likes

You didn’t deserve this! Why, universe, why??

6 Likes

Noooo poor Slinky!!!

5 Likes

Enjoyed reading about your first day! Thanks for sharing

4 Likes