Choose the secret we know before life makes us grow, there’s nowhere to go but up! A turning 18/going to university celebration trip July 2022

They couldn’t get worse could they :joy:

18 Likes

Omg I MISS vimto! And mirinda citrus!

So excited to read your trip report!

5 Likes

I’ve never heard of Mirinda citrus. Vimto though is a Manchester classic, it was invented here.

4 Likes

They were both really popular in Saudi, so I drank them a ton growing up. I didn’t know Vimto was invented in Manchester though! We actually did a field trip to a Vimto plant thing in Saudi in elementary school. Got sent home with all kinds of vimto :joy:

ETA: mirinda is kinda like Fanta, but I’ve never found a Fanta flavor like the Citrus

9 Likes

I don’t know why the idea of people in Saudi drinking vimto is amusing but it is! Maybe one day you will find Mirinda citrus again :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

If I travel back to visit the Middle East I might bring an empty suitcase to fill with it :rofl:

6 Likes

Good plan!

4 Likes

But good to know I can get my Vimto fix by just hopping across the pond to the UK! Manchester has been on my list for a while

6 Likes

It should be! It’s a great city.

6 Likes

Was there any correlation between the guy at the gate writing down your baggage claim number and the missing bags?

13 Likes

I was wondering the same thing.

5 Likes

This scares me about flying I have a c-pap machine and I can not sleep with out it. When I fly it is always my carry on .

6 Likes

That is wise.

7 Likes

That’s where honestly unless it fits under the seat in front of you, you need to ensure you are in a group boarding early enough to guarantee overhead space.

Coming home from my birthday trip last year, there was a guy on the plane who admitted he had paid for the “not assigned until check-in” seats which almost always have the last boarding group but then proceeded to pitch a hissy fit about there not being adequate room for his light saber and demanding that others gate check their bags to accommodate it.

Of course I know a CPap is much more important - but just something to be aware of.

6 Likes

Actually a C PAP machine is considered medically necessary equipment and they have to allow it and they aren’t allowed to count it towards your carry on limit.

This is also true for other medically necessary items like formula and diapers, liquid medicines in excess of the 3 oz rule, oxygen concentrators, and breast pumps.

20 Likes

This is true

6 Likes

I can’t believe how crazy your first day was! Can’t wait to read the rest! I love that pic of you and Joe :heart: You look more like brother and sister than mom and son!

6 Likes

Well it seems like it now doesn’t it? But I had forgotten about it when I spoke to the agent at MCO and though I’ve mentioned it in emails I haven’t had any response.

9 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Sorry about the truly awful start to your trip! I’ve been spoiled for your report since I follow you on Instagram so I know it gets better. :joy:

By the way, I love the title of your report! Mary Poppins Returns is super underrated, IMO. I love the songs especially.

14 Likes