Choose the secret we know before life makes us grow, there’s nowhere to go but up! A turning 18/going to university celebration trip July 2022

Day 1 continued - POFQ pool and Hollywood Studios

When we got back to POFQ we realised the inadequacy of our emergency clothes shop. My bikini was a little more revealing than I would like and Joe had no shoes other than his trainers. He decided to walk down there in his socks. We did have waterproof pouches for our phones which I bought mainly for Volcano Bay, but we decided to test them out.

We made our way to the pool which was painful for Joe, the pavement was burning his feet.

Then of course there were no sun beds left - at least none with no towel on though I saw 3 together that definitely hadn’t been used and were being saved with a towel nearly pegged to each. That drives me mad! We ended up having to just dump our stuff in a pile on the floor.

We had a lot of fun swimming. I didn’t manage to get a single underwater pic though. I found it quite difficult to press the button through the plastic. The pouches did work though, despite me getting them from the pound shop!

We intended to get back to HS and go straight to Sci Fi for dinner, but we were early. I persuaded Joe to come and watch the Frozen sing along with me. He hates Frozen but did laugh at a couple of the jokes.

At Sci Fi we were seated pretty much straight away. Our car had 3 parties of two and we were at the back. It’s definitely nicer when the strangers are behind you, out of sight out of mind. We both had the BBQ burger and chips, Joe had an Oreo milkshake and I had the Orbiting Oreos. Everything was delicious but I couldn’t finish my food and neither of us had space for dessert. Having been up since 2am, I was fading fast.

I wasn’t done yet though. We had an LL for Toy Story Mania - which Joe won again, no surprise. We came out a way I don’t think we’d been before. It was so quiet! Spookily quiet.

We then apparently went back into SWGE, I have no idea why. Oh! I do know why. We had a 9.45 Oga’s booked and I knew there was no way I could make it. I went to cancel in person and we weren’t charged which was nice of them when we’d only given them about 3 hours warning.

Last for me, we used our anytime LL to ride RnRC which was great as always.

Then I headed for the bus stop. Joe stayed and rode Star Tours standby and did Millennium Flacon twice as a single rider - he got to be a gunner and a pilot. He tried to buy a bottle of water with his magic band and was told there was no credit card linked to our account. Weird because we had been using our magic bands to pay for stuff all day. He got back to the room about 9pm.

And that was a wrap on our first day! Our luggage might not have made it but we had definitely found the magic.

40 Likes

oh yes you do!!! I absolutely love the title of your TR and great pics. I had no idea the flight was so rough for Joe. Boy you had a bad start to your trip. Glad FQ at least gave you a room credit

9 Likes

:heart: :heart: :heart:

7 Likes

I don’t know what was wrong with him but it didn’t last thank goodness. FQ were really good to us.

9 Likes

GOOD! They pixie dusted me too. Had tacked on an extra night, but couldn’t get same room category, but they let me stay in the room I already had for the last night

10 Likes

This has me tearing up. :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

12 Likes

I’m late to the party having been following along your chat reports. This is tonight’s bedtime reading then!

3 Likes

I haven’t written much yet!

4 Likes

Eagerly awaiting more! :grinning:

7 Likes

Sorry! With a funeral Monday, spending most of yesterday on the insurance claim and back to work today, I’ve not been on the ball.

10 Likes

Those are always difficult.

4 Likes

I’m sorry :frowning:

4 Likes

Day 2 - Epcot

Since we weren’t expecting to get in from HS the night before till after 11, I had planned for a late start with a morning swim today. And just as well, because we needed to go to Walmart. We were up bright and early, Joe grabbed BG1 and an LL for Test Track and I bought an ILL for GotG because I knew we’d want to ride it more than once.

We got breakfast before heading out, and Joe reminded me that he had an issue paying with his magic band at HS the night before. So we went to the front desk where they informed us we had never had a credit card on our account and we were cash customers. I pointed out that we’d charged $120 worth if stuff before it stopped working, which is when they realised that my credit card must have rejected another $100 hold. I used the same credit card that they didn’t have on file to pay it off and after that we hardly charged anything, I just used Apple Pay.

We got a Lyft to Walmart about 8am and ran round like crazy people throwing stuff in the trolley. We didn’t know how much we would need because we had no idea when our cases would arrive so we didn’t want to buy too much, but equally we didn’t want to be back again in a couple of days. We got some ok stuff but I was sad thinking about the lovely shirts I’d got from Etsy. It did give me a second chance at a pic of the welcome sign though, and in much more favourable weather!

We dumped our bags in the room and got to Epcot about 10.20.

Perfect timing to use our BG1 - when we tapped in, we got blue lights. The CM asked if I was Clare, I said yes, and he waved us through. We waited about 25 mins at that time but we didn’t mind, we were just glad to be riding it! Wow, what a ride!! I was a little disappointed that we got Conga but it did go quite well with the ride I thought.

From there we went to Mission Space Orange which was basically a walk on. I don’t like that ride. It doesn’t make me sick, I just really don’t enjoy the feeling of pressure. But I ride it for Joe.

It was time for both our ILL and our LL and Joe decided we should go back to do GotG again. It was a much shorter wait with the ILL. But we got Conga again!! So unfair with all those song choices.

From there we went to Test Track. It was just starting to rain and I thought it might be down but it wasn’t…until it was. We tapped in, walked to the end of the LL line and basically straightaway there was an announcement that it was down. We could see it through the door and it was bad! Really dark and very heavy rain. We stuck it out for a while - because we’d tapped in, we didn’t think the LL would convert, but it did! So we bailed.

We went to Club Cool which wasn’t as busy as we expected given the weather. Always glad to sample the Beverly, but we liked the Madagascar and Dominican Republic ones the best. The Chinese one was awful!! They didn’t have the Korean one.

Then we went shopping in Creations. Some very kind friends - who shall remain nameless as im not sure if they want outing, but please feel free to out yourselves - had sent us a gift card since we had all the extra expense on clothes and toiletries. They said they hoped I could get ears and a Loungefly to replace the ones I’d lost. One of the 4 pairs I had lost was a 50th anniversary pair from Etsy, and it didn’t take me long to decide on the 50th ears. I was this close :pinching_hand: to getting the matching Loungefly bag too, but I didn’t think it would fit in the lockers at Universal and I was also worried that I would see another I liked more and have no money for it. I am so indecisive!

Ears purchased and the sun out, it was time for us to visit Space! Or not. We got there at 12.45 for our 1pm lounge reservation and were told we couldn’t check in till 1 exactly. We just hung around the entrance like weirdos until at 12.55 I heard the CM letting someone in who was booked for 1pm and my head snapped round like it was on elastic. She looked at me and said we could go in. We waited a few minutes before going up in the elevator. So exciting!!

The experience itself wasn’t that exciting. We were sat at the bar which meant we had our back to the windows, and nothing really happened anyway. We both had chicken and waffles which was delicious, and we just had one drink each - Celestial Cosmo and Milky Way. We were too stuffed for dessert although I really wanted the strawberry shortcake. I’m glad we did it once. I wouldn’t be desperate to go back but I would if others wanted to.

I need to leave it there as im in a meeting but will try to finish the day later!

35 Likes

Thank you.

4 Likes

Weird that you got Conga twice! Sorry about that :rofl:

6 Likes

You were able to eat breakfast, go to Walmart, drop your stuff off and be at Epcot by 10:20?!? Amazing.

My least favorite song. But the ride is still awesome.

It’s too late now I know but the Loungefly backpacks do fit in the Universal lockers.

14 Likes

Agree! I think it’s worse than Beverly.

So kind of the anonymous benefactor to gift you like that. Excellent choice in ears!

11 Likes

We did ride it again, you’ll have to wait and see what song we got.

8 Likes

Setting up the suspense! I love it!!

No, forum, I don’t want to send a personal message.

11 Likes

We didnt want to waste park time at Walmart! The 50th one is bigger than my Ariel one and that was a squeeze, I think I might have damaged it if I’d tried.

10 Likes