Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

So, I don’t practice BG’s often but I was up early today anyway and I tried and it claimed my son and I were ineligible. Our names were greyed out so I couldn’t select them. Does anyone know what gives?

Do you have tickets and park reservations for today?

Yes, they recently changed things and will be changing more. You can’t practice like you used to. This is what I get now:

3 Likes

Ok, that’s what I got too. Bummer. So I’m guessing they are locking out the practice people and you’ll now need to have a park rezzie and tix and if that’s the case, you’re not practicing! Guess why allow people to practice if you can just charge them for the ride if they don’t get a BG.

1 Like

The goal will be to confirm your party ahead of time. It should actually be better and fairer the day of.

2 Likes

The good news is that practice is less necessary right now due to low crowds. Who knows how long this will last though:

3 Likes

Ah yes, that 7:58 didn’t register in my head right away. I haven’t seen that before. Crazy.

Practice days ahead won’t be necessary anyway after MDE changes. Just get in there before 7 to confirm your party.

2 Likes

So I’m confused - am I able to set my party in advance now, or not? Does it default to everyone with a park res that’s on your MDE friends and family that day, or does it default to just you alone? Should I still blow through all the buttons without setting my party, or make sure it has both of us added?

1 Like

Well, the “Review Details” page is definitely new. But not sure if you can confirm your party there, pre-7:00. But the rumor was to be able to confirm your party on the “Virtual Queue” page sometime in the near future pre-7:00. So to answer your question, I’m not a hundred percent sure.

As long as at least 1 person is selected, yes blow through the join buttons. But right now it looks like the practice option is out.

I think the best thing to do is pay attention to current visitors and their experience.

1 Like

WDWNT reported that the VQ was open from 7-9am this morning. So it was basically unavailable 4 hours today and probably available for 10 hours total. What a time to visit and pick up an easy BG!

2 Likes

Leaving tomorrow and wondering if learning the bookmarklet (thanks @joelbruick heard many success stories! on chat) is still worth it. Thanks!

1 Like

It hasn’t been necessary lately with how low the crowds are. The virtual queue has been open in the afternoon until basically the park closes, and even in the morning it’s stayed open for 30+ minutes the past few days. It’ll probably be a little busier because of Labor Day weekend (although TP is still predicting a crowd level of 1 at HS every day).

Go ahead and try it if you want, but I wouldn’t worry too much about it right now. As long as you’re familiar with how the process of joining a BG works in the app, you should be just fine.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response. I messed with it anyway. I have an iphone and downloaded Chrome. It works great on my desktop but when I try to open the BG1 Bookmarklet after the BG1 Start Page from the app, it doesn’t open. It like reads it as the same page and I see the gobblygook still, not my people. I won’t worry about it but if you have any suggestions, I’ll take them! Thanks!

1 Like

Yep, I also found out that you have to start at the beginning each time you attempt.

1 Like

You’re right, it doesn’t work on the iPhone version of Chrome for me either. It definitely works in Safari, so if you really want to use it you’ll have to set it up in that.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Holding off on updating the instructions. As of now, the main thing that is different is the “Create your Party” page has changed to the “Review Details” page. It still take 3 (join) clicks to attempt, on the hour.

And of course, practicing is not happening anymore because MDE now recognizes that you don’t have a park reservation after hitting the 2nd join button instead of the 3rd.

Hoping the process changes more so there are less clicks. Let me know if any of you have a different experience on the ground. Thanks

4 Likes

Hey all:-) Just getting up to speed with this BG1 software for my upcoming trip (Sept 17). And my bottom line question is: does this software continue to provide an advantage to using the MDE app?

I have the proper page bookmarked on my iPhone and can see the steps/process involved. On my actual reservation day, should I use this bookmarked Safari page to try to get the boarding group or will Disney’s updates have affected the utility of this software? Am thinking I’ll use this softward, and my husband and kid will use the MDE regular process on their phones. Thanks!

2 Likes

Did you see post #658?

I believe it is working now but that does not mean it will work in the future? I would continue to watch here and on chat. Good luck!

2 Likes

How do you search posts by number 685? Thanks. Yes, will continue to check things in the next week.