Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

Did we ever figure out if this was an IT glitch or reflective of crowd levels?

1 Like

Low crowds on that day. We’ll see if it ever happens again.

2 Likes

At one point, if you cancelled a reservation, it didn’t automatically cancel the APRs, right? Is that still happening and possibly playing into it?

1 Like

Oh, never mind. All parks available.

1 Like

Sounds like it’s still live and working.

1 Like
3 Likes

:scream::scream::scream:

1 Like

Technical question here - I’ll have my hubby and I both trying for a res. Should he be logged into his OWN MDE account, or as a second device into my (primary) MDE account? He’s linked in my Friends and Family. (Or does this not matter and either way will work?)

Does not matter. He can also be logged into your account.

1 Like

I wonder if you have multiple people in your party up at 7 AM trying for LL$, LL and a BG if they should be logged into the same MDE account to reduce the chance of securing conflicting/inconveniently close timings.

1 Like

That’s a good thought.

1 Like

If it were me doing the code, I would not cap the LL$ purchases for RotR at RD. I would allow people to buy as many spots as they want and then subtract that total from the 1pm BG drop.

If all the spots fill up before the 1pm drop, then no 1pm drop.

2 Likes

Boarding Groups still available AGAIN

4 Likes

What is going ON?!

LOL this won’t help them sell the upcharge walk-on experience :laughing:

5 Likes

Where have all the tourists gone???

They should allow people to ride twice today!!!

2 Likes

Yesterday, Boarding Groups were available all day long right up until 8:30 pm. That’s a half hour before close! 186 groups were called as Rise has been running very well lately.

Guests with park hoppers were able to hop to Hollywood Studios at any time and get a Boarding Group.

Average posted waits throughout all of HS averaged only 33 minutes and the average actual waits by TP users were 20-25 minutes even for the headliners!

6 Likes

Also, all the previous “Join” buttons have changed to “Join VIrtual Queue” buttons.

7 Likes

I wanted to give everyone here a little heads-up, since my BG1 experiment got some extremely minor and short-lived notoriety in this forum. As you’ve seen, there have been some small updates made to the virtual queue screens in the app recently, and after playing around with it a bit (using some API response-spoofing tricks), I’ve found some further changes in the works.

The jist of it is that you’ll eventually be able to do any desired manual party selection before the queue opens, and then it’ll just be a matter of button mashing on a single screen until the queue opens and (hopefully) you get a BG.

This functionality is already present in the app. It’s just waiting on Disney’s servers to start sending the right messages to activate it. Here’s a preview of how it looks:

10 Likes

Thank you so much Joel!

ETA:
Glad to see the change coming to the Virtual Queue process. This is what we’ve all been wanting Disney to do…level the playing field more and make it as simple as possible. Especially since Remy will be added to this system and probably others in the next couple years. Keep in mind, some amount of Boarding Groups will be held back for the LL+ paid option whenever that starts this fall. So, you still will need to bring your A game. Looking forward to updating the tips sheet.

4 Likes

Thanks Joel for the info.

I loved your BG1 bookmark-let. Too bad I was not in WDW to give it a whirl before Disney went and changed their layout/process.

I am pretty sure they changed the process to match the functionality you added; although they will never admit it. Just like how they have decided to copy everything Lines and will never give TP credit. :grin:

Any plans to modify your BG1 when multiple rides are available for selecting as a VQ?

4 Likes