Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

Holding off on updating the instructions. As of now, the main thing that is different is the “Create your Party” page has changed to the “Review Details” page. It still take 3 (join) clicks to attempt, on the hour.

And of course, practicing is not happening anymore because MDE now recognizes that you don’t have a park reservation after hitting the 2nd join button instead of the 3rd.

Hoping the process changes more so there are less clicks. Let me know if any of you have a different experience on the ground. Thanks

4 Likes

Hey all:-) Just getting up to speed with this BG1 software for my upcoming trip (Sept 17). And my bottom line question is: does this software continue to provide an advantage to using the MDE app?

I have the proper page bookmarked on my iPhone and can see the steps/process involved. On my actual reservation day, should I use this bookmarked Safari page to try to get the boarding group or will Disney’s updates have affected the utility of this software? Am thinking I’ll use this softward, and my husband and kid will use the MDE regular process on their phones. Thanks!

2 Likes

Did you see post #658?

I believe it is working now but that does not mean it will work in the future? I would continue to watch here and on chat. Good luck!

2 Likes

How do you search posts by number 685? Thanks. Yes, will continue to check things in the next week.

You should see the numbers as you scroll up. It is about 34 posts up. Joel posted a video of upcoming changes. I think some have already taken place? See Bebe’s post right before your.

2 Likes

Here’s the post you’re looking for:

2 Likes

I would definitely still use BG1. Just test it out again closer to your trip to make sure it is still active.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Jeff_AZ and Tinker and bebe80. Yes, have read them! Will see where we are next week! Am hoping hoping that the crowds are low 16th-18th!

4 Likes

It sounds like another tweak was made to the Boarding Group process today…

ETA: Thank you @joelbruick

7 Likes

EDIT: Nevermind, @StinsyLinson posted this while I was typing.

I was on MDE app this morning at 6:30 AM checking something else and I saw it, looks like it will make it easier for folks trying to get BG.

3 Likes

Yes, thank you! Was waiting for this.

Will update instructions soon.

1 Like

This is almost a little scary, as it feels like they will no longer update/fix “live” if your whole party isn’t selected during the process

Anyone else get that sense?

2 Likes

Provided they have that information, perhaps.

1 Like

Sorry! Didn’t see that anyone was typing when I posted. <3 - I assume this will alleviate some of the stress of Lightning Lane when that rolls out.

1 Like

Eh, that’s minor. It’ll be good.

1 Like

BTW

These are the full screen images captured this morning

4 Likes

What happened to your second countdown, reschedule again?

“Then tap the join queue button as soon as it appears” sounds vaguely familiar.

1 Like

Put on indefinite hold, since we just moved into a new home this past week. Life is in disarray for the near future. Want to get settled into the new home first before going on vacation.

That is why I was on MDE at 6:30 AM, DW & I were trying to see how long into the future are our 5-day tickets still good.

3 Likes

Congrats! I kind of remember you mentioning this recently!

1 Like