A lurker’s try at live trip report

Tomorrow I have my morning planned for HS until whatever time I can take the heat so praying for an early BG. I have Boo Bash tickets for tomorrow evening. Really trying to maximize my time as much as I can.

10 Likes

Well I feel honored! I can tell you it’s been amazing so far!

2 Likes

On the bus to EP. The buses, so far, at CSR have been great or I hope it’s just not been luck. Really haven’t had to wait more than a few minutes. I’m not alone on this ride though.

So the meeting I have are for the union I am a member/officer of. It’s a general assembly of all officers from all railroads throughout the country. I will/do know about 7 others that will be attending. I received texts from a couple of them asking what I was up to and probably gonna try to get me to hang out for a drink. They have to catch me fired. No matter what, this is a solo operation, I have way too many plans and waited way to long for this trip. To put it in perspective, these conferences are usually held in Las Vegas. I was probably the only one overjoyed with the change.

12 Likes

No plans at all. Never really have visited like this before and it’s pretty great. Do what I want when I want

9 Likes

That’s the best way! Have fun!

I have lots to report but was just too wiped out last night to do it then. I did set my alarm and got my BG. I had to go outside my room, was only showing 1 bar in my room on my phone and it made me nervous. Amazingly the “join boarding group” is still live right now at 758am. Never saw that before.

21 Likes

So I can take a bit of time now while I’m on the bus to HS to catch up a bit. I will tell you the bus luck is still working. The bus times are showing up on the app but are not right. When walking to the bus stop this morning it was showing next HS bus at 817 so I was just taking my time. My room is a bit of a hike from the bus stop but extremely close to the convention center. Guess I will like that come tomorrow but no so much so far.

So yesterday after AK I was just beat from the heat and getting up at 330am, so I got back to my room around 415p or so. Laid down and turned the TV on, next thing I knew it was 545p. Got freshened up and out the door I went to EP. Had no real plans, just wanted to get some food and drinks(of course). I made my way back to WS. Ok, I know there was construction going on, it was the last time I was there in 2019 but I even got lost this time. Maybe I can blame it on lack of sleep, but I was so turned around. Finally made my way to Mexico. The longest line I saw all day was for the margaritas right outside. I’m not joking, never saw it that long before. Skip the line and went in to ride Fiesta. I will admit, I have not been on the this since they added the Donald Dick theme. Crazy but I miss at the end where the market vendor went through the 3 screens trying to sell you stuff. Not even sure why I remember that.

From Mexico I went over to visit Elsa. This was my first wait of the day. Just around 16 minutes. I know, how could I complain, I swear I’m not. Then it was time to eat. Made my way completely around WS, stopping for bites here and there. I’m horrible with pictures and should have taken some but I did get my favorite, the Italian margarita from the booth in Italy. Stop for a few and listened to the band M-80 at the America pavilion. They were really good.
So like everyone else has said, I really didn’t visit EP if I do not get a slushy in France. I have had it before and really liked it. Was so disappointed with this one, it was gross, probably because it wasn’t frozen, it was barely cold. They shouldn’t have sold it. Threw it away after like 3 sips. What a waste.

16 Likes

UGH!!! I know I’m skipping around but I am so frustrated. I was so proud of myself to actually make rope drop this morning. The taps opened right at 830a and I was about 30 people from the front. Go to tap in and had to go to Guest services. I have one PH and 2 after 5 tickets, well I had 2. It was trying to read the after 5 and had to be prioritized. Then when looking, yesterday when I hopped to EP it took my other after 5. Now in line for Guest relations in a line longer that I was in to tap in

4 Likes

I’m sorry, that’s rubbish! Can you go and have some fun now and sort it out when you leave?

2 Likes

Ugh on the ticket fiasco. Share your story with the CM. Maybe they will give you a special FP.

1 Like

No they wouldn’t even let me in the park because it was only trying to pick up my after 5p tickets. Worst part is, I was going to go to guest services yesterday because I had issues reserving a park my last day with the after 5 one but decided to wait.

2 Likes

I kinda asked quietly because the line for Guest services was longer than to get in the park but it was a no go

3 Likes

Oh I misunderstood, I thought you had sorted it out once and then discovered another issue.

1 Like

:fairy::fairy::fairy: - Here you go - for later. :slightly_smiling_face:

So I GS explained that the conference tickets are on a different system and it’s a known problem. She was gone for a while, like 10 minutes or so and came back and said I will be good for the rest of the week. I just have to make my park ressies again. This week it shouldn’t be an issue but if it was a more crowed time that could really screw someone up.
So I went to my tickets on MDE and I still have one of my 2 after 5p tickets and my park hopper for today but she added 3 complementary 1 day park hopper. So somehow I walked away with an additional tickets. So I’m totally confused.

13 Likes

Ok I’m in. Just made it off of MMRR. So cute. First time on it. After I snuck a phone call to my DD. She knows I’m in Florida for work but not Disney. She’s afraid of everything, even the simplest rides so I know she wouldn’t be mad about missing rides but come on, it’s Disney. Of course she would be upset. I had to think of an excuse for the background music, just told her I was in the lobby and she bought it.

Now in line for SSD, this will be only the 2nd time I have ridden it. Posted time said 30 minutes, it doesn’t look that long to me but we shall see

10 Likes

hahaha the lies we tell our children :wink:
Child: Is that a cookie in your mouth?
Parent: (mumbling w/ falling crumbs) No, no honey, it’s a Brussel sprout :laughing:

8 Likes

Off of SSD in 22 minutes. Now in line for TSM posted at 10 but straight on walked up to Mr Potato Head so it’s more walking than anything.

12 Likes

Thanks for reporting! Were you able to confirm your party before 7:00?

1 Like

That’s what’s totally strange, I was able to get a boarding group no problem this morning. Group 38. I have no idea what’s going on but somehow I now have more tickets than I came with.

4 Likes