Checking Every Day?

I watched parts on Instagram stories…. Yea seems really lacking! Maybe different in person? I can see walking by it and pointing out the cool kite to my kids and then keep walking…. Too bad! Might try it in person if we need to sit down one day.

I saw the picture of the Baloo balloon floating around the internet the other day and I TOTALLY thought it was fake. Like I thought it was some local parade mishap that was getting made into a Disney meme. It is pretty cringey. And today I saw the pics of the poor jet skiers in the water!

3 Likes

OK that was

TERRIBLE

First of all, it feels like Disney bought some jet skis for the Epcot show and they aren’t using them now so they feel a need to find a way to use them.

Second, how does a giant, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade size float of Louie or Baloo flying (crooked and face down?) over a lagoon make any kind of sense at all.

Finally, I can get better entertainment at my local amusement park. This is not Disney caliber entertainment. Do they really think it is?

I’m embarrassed for them. And I feel bad for the CMs.

Cringey.

2 Likes

100% all of this. I was literally thinking, why do they have a monkey shaped windsock being dragged around by jet skis? The whole thing was just really disappointing.

3 Likes

It needs reworked in spots and they need more practice, but I see the potential for it to be good. The kites are beautiful and combined with the music made me feel happy. :blush:

3 Likes

This describes my emotions too.

Craig from the Dis said “give it a shot” and he is straight up honest so maybe it is better in person?

I think they need to take those beautiful hand held windsocks and do a surface parade/cavalcade with them.

2 Likes

I think kids will love it. (I’m an eight year old inside.)

2 Likes

I want to give it a chance. I feels like the venue is too big for what it is. The pieces all have a little magic and seem greater than their sum.

1 Like

Uh, oh. A jet ski flipped today (no one hurt).

3 Likes

Ooh maybe they should rework it into a jetski stunt show …

2 Likes

They should jump the shark

(They already did)

5 Likes

I was informed by Steven Spielberg that this phrase has been superseded by “nuke the fridge.”

2 Likes

Noted.

Will incorporate this into my lexicon

2 Likes

Have you seen the Indiana Jones franchise? (Not snarky - just curious if Indy suffered a similar fate to Star Wars.)

Have not, at least not really. But I will before DLR

I googled the reference

2 Likes

I didn’t hate the Crystal Skull really.

1 Like

I mean I’m pretty sure I saw the original one sometime… :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I didn’t either - I was disappointed in some parts of it but overall I liked it.

It is part of the plan to see KiteTails tomorrow in person. Will share thoughts afterwards.

2 Likes

Interesting. I was planning to sacrifice some things to see the kite show. Just because it’s something new. May be rethinking it now

ETA maybe I’ll do the animation experience instead

1 Like